Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2018, 08:49 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
There will be a big jump in about 5-10 years, when Millennials peak. At this point, a marriage ceremony is an "acquisition" for most Millennials--like buying a fancy car.
Just read the bible...something will happen that will bring people back to the faith and renew the family.

It will happen for people of all races and these walls being put up between us by these Democratic snake oil salesmen will be taken down and we will finally be a big family.

But it won't be easy, like everything else about human beings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 08:51 AM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
I know from hard experience that almost all Blacks (even those with high paying gov't jobs) absolutely HATE white people, and will sabotage & harm them as much as they can get away with--even the whites who are 100% brainwashed to put Blacks on a pedestal & give them every preference imaginable. If Blacks ran the nation, their treatment of ALL whites would make Hitler's treatment of the jews seem benevolent. I wish it would happen (after I'm safely away) so liberals could see how much "goodwill" all those preferences got them.
That may well be true for War Generation blacks--and for pretty darned good reason.

Much less so for Boomer blacks, although the hyper-paranoia of Boomer whites over the last 10 years has caused some hardening of Boomer black attitudes this last decade.

Important to note is that Boomer blacks are the last generation born into apartheid. Most young folk don't realize that people born before 1959 went through childhood on a different planet. We're like Autobots and Decepticons, fighting an old, old war...that we'll be fighting until we're dead.

To some extent, Millennials are reflecting their Boomer parents (so many of them are still living under our roofs, after all), but they were not raised on the same planet as their parents. When we're dead and no longer directly influencing them, the fact that they were actually born and raised on this planet will assert itself.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:58 AM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's funny growing old enough to remember when casting ANY negative connotations towards unwed mothers was decried both sexist and racist.

Women didn't NEED a man to help raise their kids and anyone saying otherwise was a conservative racist pig.

Welcome to the late 1980's. You may find this hard to believe but it actually became a little trendy to be an unwed mom around that time, until some gals I knew did it and then word got around that it was actually a ton of work and difficult.

Oh well, anytime you have cultural upheaval there is going to be both progress and utter failure.

Please, don't respond with stories about how it worked out great for you. I'm happy for you...but for so many more it's ended badly.
You're right about that trend in the 80s. It was during the latter 80s that I found myself in more than one conversation with young women--young women with education and jobs--who proclaimed, "I don't need a man to raise children."

I've said before, the black family has suffered a three-pronged attack:

1. Racism. Racism has worked against black men being effective providers and protectors of their families...but racism alone wasn't enough.
2. Aid to Dependent Children. This particular program was injurious because it explicitly required that there be no evidence of a man in the household. This welfare program was actually passed in 1934, but it was administered by the states, which because of racism largely kept it out of reach of black mothers until the mid 60s. Although this threatened to be the "provider" that racism prevented black men from being, it wasn't enough.
3. Third wave feminism. This was the "don't need a man to raise children" ideology that gained prominence in the 80s. This proved to be the death stroke for the black family.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:09 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
+1

I solidified a middle class existence for myself and then had a kid when I was 40. 40!!!! Had I done so in my teens or twenties, the result would have been a disaster and being white would not have stopped it.
Assuming you are speaking for yourself since we were married at 19 and currently celebrating our 45th - and have children and grand-children and no funny business...and are upper class.

I guess it's different based on a lot of criteria.

Old 01-05-2018, 07:57 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,599,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
It's all good, liberals will fix this by pushing abortion on all the dark-skinned folks they hate.
Margaret Sanger would never have done that. Oh wait, nevermind.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:20 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
+1

Having babies out of wedlock, particularly when one is young, uneducated, poor, or a combo of all three epitomizes self-destructive behavior.

If we urge people to NOT do this, isn't it because we wish better for them?

Placing that in the same universe as racism is pure stupidity.

I solidified a middle class existence for myself and then had a kid when I was 40. 40!!!! Had I done so in my teens or twenties, the result would have been a disaster and being white would not have stopped it.
I understand that having a child out of wedlock, in the case of being poor, uneducated, and young, is a recipe for disaster. I know this. I have seen it up close and personal. As for racism, this is the thing. The OP made this about Blacks and Hispanics. Race was brought into it from the very beginning, and in my opinion, I think this was done as a way to complain about Blacks and Hispanics.

All of this aside, I don't think it would be possible to urge people to stop doing such things. This crap has been going on before the start of the "welfare state". And with the "I don't need a man" mantra flying around, things got worse. People are going to do what they want. People will also do what they know. When there are women around having children out of wedlock and that passes for normal in that particular setting, it becomes a cycle. The way the kid is raised will not help. This is one reason I rarely discuss it. There might be solutions, but it is up to the individual.

Old 01-06-2018, 12:27 PM

4,505 posts, read 4,619,106 times
I never understood why the states need to be involved in the marriage business anyway. What is the point of a marriage license, other than an excuse to gouge the people for more money? What does the state do with all the money they collect from the newlyweds who purchase a 100$ marriage license? The state is running a racket, I'm sure.

Old 01-06-2018, 12:39 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Jeez, being born out of wedlock and using IQ as a end-of-all argument? What is this? 1954?

Half of French and English kids are born outside marriage, and they seem to do just fine.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:22 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Jeez, being born out of wedlock and using IQ as a end-of-all argument? What is this? 1954?

Half of French and English kids are born outside marriage, and they seem to do just fine.
Then what you do you think is going on here is the USA that is causing problems?

Old 01-11-2018, 08:14 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,599,516 times
This is an issue with all races of society. Let's not act like white people are exempt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies