Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2018, 10:45 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,100,500 times

Advertisements

All this unprotected sex going on all willy nilly. Disgusting.

Seriously, there is no excuse for this OOW birthrate. You can get birth control for free at the clinic and these "men" need to start using condoms.

BTW I am black before some of you get an attitude and start replying to my comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 10:51 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,607 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post

Seriously, there is no excuse for this OOW birthrate. You can get birth control for free at the clinic and these "men" need to start using condoms.

BTW I am black before some of you get an attitude and start replying to my comment.
What I'm seeing is purposeful pregnancies - so access to birth control isn't really the issue. The issue is purposely creating babies when you're not in a committed relationship with stable housing/income.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:53 AM

72,979 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't think you can compare the two communities - hispanic families and black families. Their culture and social norms are nothing at all the same.

Hispanic men are very involved in their families, although maybe they're not technically married. When you see groupings of hispanic families at parks, you see old couples, young couples, babies, etc. It's not the norm to see a hispanic young man who has babies from 3 or 4 different young women, with the babies being all roughly the same age. That's just not tolerated, either by the young women or the older generation.
There is something else you should understand. Men in the Hispanic population are more likely to run their homes. More respect for men. In the Black population, a majority of men don't have children. It should make you wonder how many men are getting women pregnant out of wedlock?

Old 01-16-2018, 10:55 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Approaching 80% now, cool. Looks like Latinas are closing the gap and folks wonder why Trump prefers Norwegian and Asian immigrants, ok.
Oh, I get it now, Trump wants Asians and Norwegians because they are less likely to have babies born out of wedlock? Well, I guess if that's the new standard he will have to cross the Scandinavians off that list and look to the Nations with the lowest rate of out of wedlock births like Israel, Turkey, Japan and Korea

reproduced pursuant to fair use doctrine, source OECD families and children database

Old 01-16-2018, 10:55 AM

72,979 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post

Well, the women need to use it too. The women need to start demanding that the men use birth control. Women can get birth control too. If a woman doesn't make a man use birth control, or if she doesn't use it, she's as culpable as that man. The women need to take responsibility too. The men by themselves are not the only ones to blame.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:02 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't think you can compare the two communities - hispanic families and black families. Their culture and social norms are nothing at all the same.

Hispanic men are very involved in their families, although maybe they're not technically married. When you see groupings of hispanic families at parks, you see old couples, young couples, babies, etc. It's not the norm to see a hispanic young man who has babies from 3 or 4 different young women, with the babies being all roughly the same age. That's just not tolerated, either by the young women or the older generation.
But if the children are born out of wedlock, then they are. And when you look at most Hispanic nations, the OOW rates are high as well. Situations where black men have 3 or 4 children roughly the same age are less common but the OOW rates are high. In Africa, not so much. Just South Africa and then Latin Africa have higher rates. The rest of Africa tends to be more traditional, which is why the rates among African immigrants is significantly lower than the Black American and Hispanic populations.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:10 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
3:1 ratio, where did you get that? I'd sure like to see a source for it.
Sure:

Quote:
"The 1996 Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act (PRWORA) gave states greater flexibility to formulate and implement initiatives to reduce welfare dependency and encourage employment for members of low-income families with children. For the nation, in 2006, 10 years after passage of the Act, the birth rate for women 15 to 50 years old receiving public assistance income in the last 12 months was 155 births per 1,000 women, about three times the rate for women not receiving public assistance (53 births per 1,000 women)."
http://www.census.gov/prod/2008pubs/p20-558.pdf

And, again...
Quote:
"For the nation, the birth rate for women receiving public assistance was 160 births per 1,000 women, almost three times the rate for women not receiving public assistance (56 births per 1,000 women)."
http://www.census.gov/prod/2010pubs/p20-563.pdf

Old 01-16-2018, 11:22 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,699,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And do you see rates for teenage pregnancy. It’s the lowest it’s ever been. You should those up.

You are NOT the decider of who opens their pussie to whom and who doesn’t.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:24 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
Here we go with the throwing stones and race-baiting:

Can anyone post a thread about white America and the problems that exist within that community? It's easier to point to minorities at every turn. First, we aren't going anywhere so like us or not, Middle Eastern, Black, Hispanic, mixed, Native American.

It's funny how no one posts or starts a thread in large numbers about the higher rate of drug abuse among whites. Misuse of prescription drugs, illegal drugs, and binge alcohol. But hundreds of minority statistics.

In 2000, non-Hispanic black persons aged 45–64 had the highest rate of drug-poisoning deaths involving heroin (2.0 per 100,000). In 2013, non-Hispanic white persons aged 18–44 had the highest rate (7.0 per 100,000).

Right now, whites have the highest rate of illegal drug use. 2.6 vs 1.8 among blacks. Other minorities lower rates as well. p228.

Most recent study from an accurate report from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/hus16.pdf#050

Poverty is almost equal among black and white people. But race baiters will start posts that are otherwise. There is a difference of .5-.8 giving room for error. P215.

There are so numerous studies that white people get welfare at a higher percentage and it has been that way for a long time. One example.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...n_6771938.html

White males commit the most mass killings by far. Isn't that one of the most dangerous forms of society?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...hooter-s-race/

Now if that's not more damaging and dangerous than the OP's post I don't know what is...

So let's address all problems not just problems among minorities because the race baiters believe only white hands is clean. Minorities won't fall for it. We are diverse and different. We are proud of that. Every race has issues. Most people aren't ignorant to that even though the race baiters here try it every time with their bubble of pointing a finger at one group instead of their own. I'm glad that MOST white and minority people on this forum are smart enough not to fall for it.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:25 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
And do you see rates for teenage pregnancy. It’s the lowest it’s ever been. You should those up.
What difference does that make? The problem is POVERTY regardless of the age of the parents, and the over-reproduction of the poor.

The FACT remains that Medicaid (the government-provided free health care program for the poor) pays for 48% of all annual births in the US, despite the fact that the US only has a 13.5% poverty rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies