Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2018, 10:21 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Based on the way China acted before Trump's claims appear accurate. China's is making promises of concessions like they always have. What would be different is keeping them.

Knowing Trump he is using the twitter like he always does to keep the supporters informed and when its time for China to preform on their promises and they don't. Trump puts the hammer down on China with support from Trump supporters. The haters are never going to be onboard with Trump.
The cry babies/anti-Trumpers will run with the narrative about how mean Trump is and how he should give into to China to get along. Bla, Bla, Bla……………...
trump's not going to put the hammer down on China.

And if he did, why would anyone care if it's done with "support from Trump supporters."

Old 12-03-2018, 10:36 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post

And if he did, why would anyone care if it's done with "support from Trump supporters."
You don't know what Trump is going to do.
I don't either but I gave reasons for my opinion on what he might be doing.
Good thing I didn't rely on you for any reasons for your opinion.
Apparently you don't have any thoughts on it or maybe haven't put any thought into it.
Get back when you do. Go deep !!! Look forward to hearing what you come up with.

Meanwhile in the tech analysis news. ( inverse head-and -shoulder pattern ? )

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/thi...dist=bigcharts

Last edited by phma; 12-03-2018 at 10:49 PM..

Old 12-03-2018, 11:33 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,096 times
Quote:
Based on the way China acted before Trump's claims appear accurate. China's is making promises of concessions like they always have. What would be different is keeping them.

Knowing Trump he is using the twitter like he always does to keep the supporters informed and when its time for China to preform on their promises and they don't. Trump puts the hammer down on China with support from Trump supporters.The haters are never going to be onboard with Trump.
The cry babies/anti-Trumpers will run with the narrative about how mean Trump is and how he should give into to China to get along. Bla, Bla, Bla……………...
Quote:

Quote:
You don't know what Trump is going to do.
I don't either but I gave reasons for my opinion on what he might be doing.
Good thing I didn't rely on you for any reasons for your opinion.
Apparently you don't have any thoughts on it or maybe haven't put any thought into it.
Get back when you do. Go deep !!! Look forward to hearing what you come up with.

Meanwhile in the tech analysis news. ( inverse head-and -shoulder pattern ? )

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/thi...dist=bigcharts

Kindly point out the "reasons" you gave when stating that "Trump puts the hammer down on China with support from Trump supporters."

Old 12-04-2018, 12:28 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Kindly point out the "reasons" you gave when stating that "Trump puts the hammer down on China with support from Trump supporters."
I already posted the link about phase three which Trump hasn't enacted yet. Keep up !!!

If you can't figure out Trump supporters support Trump get a tutor on politics. Learn the basics.

Old 12-04-2018, 05:27 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
The OP is proving he is wrong time and again with his statements. Yes, the market will likely go up when TRUMP SHUTS HIS YAPPER..which is what I've been saying all along. BUT:

1. Until he leaves office he is a loose cannon and likely to do anything. Business is not going to make decisions based on what he decided to do for 90 days.

2. Our relationship with China is changed forever - not a good thing. They will look elsewhere for more stalwart trading partners...honest people they can count on.

3. When this is all said and done, the US Foreign Trade Deficit will not move in any meaningful way.....and wasn't that the whole idea of this craziness?

Trusting Trump on trade is like trusting him on Manufacturing (GM?) and on Health Care (better, cheaper and everyone covered?). It's just nutso.....given his record and lack of capabilities.
The OP isn't totally wrong...there has been an overwhelming biase/hate towards Trump due to the Media and stretching stories to fit their own purpose. Nothing pleases the Media until they have their own boys/girls in the whitehouse.

This was even evidenced back when Bush was President. But when I dem is in, oh my gosh, they salivate all over them, regardless of how bad they are....so keep your eyes fixated the next election and watch what they do....

Trump isn't the best, for certain, but...he has done a lot of good...to reject that fact is simply biased opinion, no matter what.

The repubs, said the same about Obama, and Obama did lie to the public/Americans...and when he was in office, our military was begging for supplies, I know b/c my son was in Afghanistan at the time, so....

No one is perfect, or never will be....

Trump has a big mouth, and has flip flopped back and forth on issues, every president has done that...he is not a slick politician or attorney, and he tweets b/c he knows if he doesn't the media will have him for lunch.

I'm not totally happy with what he is doing...but what I am happy about is the fact that a whole lot of Americans woke up and voted for him...to send a message, that they are tired of liberals breaking laws for convenience....they were tired of the PC bull, and tired of our police being attacked by criminals and still are, due to Obama's views...and b/c of this, and even before Obama, so many presidents and people we voted into Washington were ignoring the border problem. And due to that, California is slowly turning into a **** hole. So are a lot of other southern states.

Since Trump has been president, my 401(k) has been doing very well compared to when other presidents were in, from both sides...and of that, I'm pleased.

Money talks....and money is Trumps strong point, plus trying to do what is fair....

I'll grant you, he still has a way to go before he gets my total approval....

I want something done with our Health Care....so that everyone has coverage.
I want our vets to have free health care, which is not only good, but they shouldn't have to pay taxes after a certain age.
I also want to close our borders big time and get all the illegals here out, and start all over again with competent people running our systems.

If Trump really wanted to do something, believe me, they know where to find the illegals, but he hasn't done that yet...but if he'd start imposing great big fines on companies that hire them, it would change fast.

There are illegals working in every single restaurant in the U.S. in every motel and hotel cleaning staff....so....in every meat packing plant....and construction/landscaping businesses. And business owners will tell you, they hire them b/c their cheaper...which is slavery all over again.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 12-04-2018 at 05:35 AM..

Old 12-04-2018, 07:51 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,263,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
The OP isn't totally wrong...there has been an overwhelming biase/hate towards Trump due to the Media and stretching stories to fit their own purpose. Nothing pleases the Media until they have their own boys/girls in the whitehouse.

This was even evidenced back when Bush was President. But when I dem is in, oh my gosh, they salivate all over them, regardless of how bad they are....so keep your eyes fixated the next election and watch what they do....

Trump isn't the best, for certain, but...he has done a lot of good...to reject that fact is simply biased opinion, no matter what.

The repubs, said the same about Obama, and Obama did lie to the public/Americans...and when he was in office, our military was begging for supplies, I know b/c my son was in Afghanistan at the time, so....

No one is perfect, or never will be....

Trump has a big mouth, and has flip flopped back and forth on issues, every president has done that...he is not a slick politician or attorney, and he tweets b/c he knows if he doesn't the media will have him for lunch.

I'm not totally happy with what he is doing...but what I am happy about is the fact that a whole lot of Americans woke up and voted for him...to send a message, that they are tired of liberals breaking laws for convenience....they were tired of the PC bull, and tired of our police being attacked by criminals and still are, due to Obama's views...and b/c of this, and even before Obama, so many presidents and people we voted into Washington were ignoring the border problem. And due to that, California is slowly turning into a **** hole. So are a lot of other southern states.

Since Trump has been president, my 401(k) has been doing very well compared to when other presidents were in, from both sides...and of that, I'm pleased.

Money talks....and money is Trumps strong point, plus trying to do what is fair....

I'll grant you, he still has a way to go before he gets my total approval....

I want something done with our Health Care....so that everyone has coverage.
I want our vets to have free health care, which is not only good, but they shouldn't have to pay taxes after a certain age.
I also want to close our borders big time and get all the illegals here out, and start all over again with competent people running our systems.

If Trump really wanted to do something, believe me, they know where to find the illegals, but he hasn't done that yet...but if he'd start imposing great big fines on companies that hire them, it would change fast.

There are illegals working in every single restaurant in the U.S. in every motel and hotel cleaning staff....so....in every meat packing plant....and construction/landscaping businesses. And business owners will tell you, they hire them b/c their cheaper...which is slavery all over again.
I stopped reading somewhere when you said my 401K is doing well because of Trump compared to other presidents or something, almost spilled my coffee couldn't die laughing....post fail...

Old 12-04-2018, 08:11 AM

20,873 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, may I have your attention please....

It has begun!!!

Key yield curve hits flattest in 11 years; 3-year and 5-year note invert for first time since 2007
Quote:
Meanwhile, less common measures of the curve’s slope, like the gap between the 3-year note and the 5-year note have inverted, even as investors concede the interactions between two short-dated maturities doesn’t necessarily shed much light on the bond market’s outlook for the economy.

Still, the last time the 3-year and the 5-year note inverted was back in 2007. That is also the same year that an inversion occurred between the more closely followed 2-year and 10-year Treasurys.
Thank you, and have a nice day.

Old 12-04-2018, 08:11 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
I already posted the link about phase three which Trump hasn't enacted yet. Keep up !!!
Most accurate thing you have ever noted about all the bigly words. That has been my point.

What type of people believe everything an unsavory character says?? And even you have to admit that Trump is one of those.....

Laws are made by Congress. 99% of everything Trump pretends to do will never happen and MORE of it will be the opposite. Therefore the total effect is negative.

I'd be cheering with you if he was balancing the budget, didn't give tax cuts (from debt and deficit) and gave better health care to all...cheaper. Etc. Etc.

But he didn't.

Maybe I'm projecting, but we learned in school about the difference between talking and doing. Those that talk the most usually do the least.

Old 12-04-2018, 08:16 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, may I have your attention please....

It has begun!!!

Key yield curve hits flattest in 11 years; 3-year and 5-year note invert for first time since 2007

Thank you, and have a nice day.
Not to say I like to make money from misery....I don't. I'd rather a rising tide lift all boats.

But, given the state of things, does anyone have any intelligent and conservative ideas of how to keep a next egg safe and earn at least a minimum return (after inflation)???

Bad enough I had to go through my last 20+ earning years without decent interest rates (to save all the debtors)....so couldn't invest conservatively. I took risks and made out quite good...but I can't do that for the sunset of my life. It wouldn't be prudent being as I have many obligations (in my mind, at least) to family, etc.

So what's the move? Convert to cash? T-Bills? Worldwide indexes?

Trump will be gone someday and his effectiveness is likely to be low once the GOP House leaves....even the best of Presidents never got anything much done after their first year or two (LBJ, one of the most prolific POTUS's in history, got 90% of his stuff done in the first 18 months)....

Old 12-04-2018, 08:20 AM

20,873 posts, read 9,541,930 times
There's always the old mattress strategy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies