Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2018, 10:28 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
OK

Trump has essentially striped the bark off of Obama's legacy over the last year. Most on the left agree with that and have complained about it.
He then whittled a wooden marital aid out of the tree as a visual aid to help explain what Obama did to the tax payer.
The largest tax increase in every living persons life to date. It had an impact on the economy. What and how much can be argued.

So Trump made a policy change and going forward we will see if its better or worse for most people. Regulations, healthcare, taxes all have an impact and time will tell the extent of success and failure. Everyone and anyone can make assumptions but they aren't facts.
I wonder. Are you in any way interested in a response that might challenge your assumptions and opinion, or are you just wanting to toss out your assumptions and opinions without consideration?

Starting with what Trump essentially striped (or is that stripped?). What legacy are you referring to and how has Trump done anything of the sort? Obama presided as POTUS over the course of time it took for our economy to recover from the worst recession ever (almost to become another depression). Obama also finally did what many presidents before him couldn't do, and actually accomplished the first steps toward providing access to health care for ALL Americans. Also reversed course of our military involvement in Iraq...

Trump became POTUS as all that negative when Obama took office began to turn positive when Obama left, and now we're continuing to enjoy those gains that no doubt Trump has further fueled if the tax cuts and stock gains are your/America's end-all measure of how we're all doing. Problem is, we're ALL not doing so well because of stock gains, but either way. We enjoyed those gains with Obama and now with Trump too. If you haven't figured out why in proper context by now, you probably never will.

Not sure what you are also claiming "most of the left agree" about, because your comment is about as vague as a comment can be...

What Trump then did is join with the same old tired chorus of the Republican party to reduce taxes and regulations, much like a one armed blind man might go about performing heart surgery on someone simply needing to do more exercise. Meanwhile offending just about everyone possible and making America look like some sort of looney bin managed by an unstable moron.

Regulations, health care, taxes all have an impact on a great many things including our environment, health and financial future going well into the future. Which regulations? What health care?? Which taxes??? Without specific evaluation of every possible option related to any of those topics, we're just talking through our arse. Is that the new language of choice now that we've got Trump talking like a loon too?

Please have mercy!

Old 01-12-2018, 10:29 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
Dow is about to break 26000.... HOLY MOLY.... Trump is the GREATEST PRESIDENT!

Old 01-12-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Dow is about to break 26000.... HOLY MOLY.... Trump is the GREATEST PRESIDENT!
Right. I forgot it's bumper sticker comments for you Trump types...

Old 01-12-2018, 10:40 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Right. I forgot it's bumper sticker comments for you Trump types...
We don't generally write books or read them here. Certainly not on finance.

There is a blog though that can be more friendly to that idea.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
We don't generally write books or read them here. Certainly not on finance.

There is a blog though that can be more friendly to that idea.
Largely true with Trump types I think, but occasionally I do encounter and exchange opinion with people in this forum who do read books and write comments that don't fit so well on a bumper sticker. Thanks for the concern and advice though...

PS: It's not so much finance but economics that better relates to how markets are affected by politics.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:06 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Look what Trump did for cryptocurrency market up like over 1000%

Old 01-12-2018, 04:20 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Largely true with Trump types I think, but occasionally I do encounter and exchange opinion with people in this forum who do read books and write comments that don't fit so well on a bumper sticker. Thanks for the concern and advice though...

PS: It's not so much finance but economics that better relates to how markets are affected by politics.
I'm not concerned with your lecture. Call it anything you want. Finance is a field that deals with the study of investments.

When its my money, its my finances and I make the decisions on my finances.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finance

Old 01-13-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
I'm not concerned with your lecture. Call it anything you want. Finance is a field that deals with the study of investments.

When its my money, its my finances and I make the decisions on my finances.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finance
You are not concerned with a great many things it seems, but okay. I'll leave you be with your studies and decisions. Obviously you know all you want to know. I get it.

Old 01-15-2018, 09:35 AM

1 posts, read 513 times
Quote:
President Trump is absolutely the greatest on the economy. Dow breaks 25,000

They say it still has room to run !!!!

Go ahead 401K make my day !!!
President? as in US president or did you mean to say Putin puppet boy, liar and narcissist who will save his family a BILLION $$ and much more to all his buddies, filter less fart.... that's who u meant right?

Old 01-15-2018, 09:48 AM

8,499 posts, read 4,565,672 times
I have not been able to locate any information that indicates a record stock market is directly benefiting the poor and lower middle class. They are the people that need help but most of them don't own stock so a bull market personally means little for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies