Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2018, 05:17 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yet it's the Macy's workers losing their jobs. Guess who got the bad end of that deal.

Like most everything else you post, it's nonsense.
I can post it for you but I can't understand it for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 05:25 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,599,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Definitely. Obama and Hillary both, probably Bill Clinton too.
**** why stop there? Everyone knows Jimmy Carter had a hand in this.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:27 PM

666 posts, read 513,151 times
There is a lot of nonsense being posted in this thread.

I used to work for Macy's. Macy's has been struggling for well over a decade now. When I last worked for the company in 2008, it was already in dire straits.

I am convinced that a large part of the reason why Macys and other department stores are dying is the Walmart Effect. An entire generation grew up being indoctrinated with the idea that unless it's priced at rock bottom rates, it's not worth paying for or it's a ripoff, no matter the quality. Either it has to be $1 or it's a no go. Naturally, a generation like that isn't going to go to retailers like Macys or Victoria's Secret (where things a little more pricey) and spend $12 for two pairs of well made underwear if they could just buy a four pack of "irregular" imported cotton panties with loose seams for $5 at Walmart or some other store.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:30 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...res/ar-BBHRtZV

Trump's fault? You can bet if they were hiring 5,000, he'd be taking credit for it.
Macy, the first to trash/bash Trump but learned faster than anyone how much that boomeranged back.

Not just people buying online as some will claim but mostly upset buyers who rather buy else where. We are not boycotting Macy but if we can find the same elsewhere then out of support to the President, we will buy elsewhere.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:52 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Macy, the first to trash/bash Trump but learned faster than anyone how much that boomeranged back.

Not just people buying online as some will claim but mostly upset buyers who rather buy else where. We are not boycotting Macy but if we can find the same elsewhere then out of support to the President, we will buy elsewhere.

CEO, shareholders and others who actually are involved with Macy's likely haven't given that so called "boycott" a sustained thought.

As noted and repeated several times in this thread, Macy's along with other large department stores have been going through problems for years, long before His Orangeness arrived on the scene.

Online retail has been eating the lunch of brick and mortar for a good decade or more. As technology has improved (movement away from PCs to mobile devices) shopping online has become so much easier.

Macy's (formerly known as Federated Department Stores), has been trying to right itself for years now in response to changes in trends and the market place. The future of retail is clearly online with perhaps smaller physical spaces. Those big barns of stores in malls and or other locations increasingly are surplus to requirements.

Macy's to close historic store in downtown Miami - Sun Sentinel

Old 01-04-2018, 06:05 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Macy's has been in a decline for some time now. I noticed a while back they didn't seem to have good buyers anymore. I don't know what they look like on paper, but I see more people in Nordstrom.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:45 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,947,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Macy's (formerly known as Federated Department Stores)
There in lies the rub...

Macy's has become a crap company and is swirling the drain with Sears and JCPenney.

Even the downtown Cincinnati store is closing.

It was not such a good idea to do away with the regional store names and rebrand everything as Macy's, they should have kept Lazarus, Shillito's, Rike's and L.S. Ayres.

Maybe General Motors should change it's name to Cadillac and put a Cadillac emblem on the Chevy Sonic too.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:47 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Righties just don't get sarcasm, it flies over their heads every time.
Okay, let me know when that sarcasm starts.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:16 PM

1,184 posts, read 720,671 times
Trump tweeted about the US Post office charging too cheap for items being sold at Amazon...if shipping was more expensive people might shop at brick and mortor stores

Old 01-04-2018, 07:28 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
They still sell everyone else's crappy, made-in-third world-countries clothing.

But, hey, at least we all know how you feel about third-world-countries--whose people have to eat, too, you know.
Feel free to call me out on my hypocrisy when I go around claiming that I'm going to "Make America Great Again" and that everyone needs to "Buy American Hire American."

Oh, that's right, that's the offshoring Trump and his complicit daughter who are pocketing extra cash while depriving Americans of jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, since 1962 did not mention tweets....
He or she quoted my post, which explicitly did mention tweets and said that was like Obama. So yeah, big back at you for trying to pretend that wasn't in the reference
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies