Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump's statement?
Yes 229 48.21%
No 246 51.79%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 01:04 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Trump's base is eating it up. This is what keeps them in his corner. The racist -in-chief propped up by bonefide racists.
We know the democrats are the racists. Pelosi and her Five White Guys.

Old 01-13-2018, 01:09 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I agree that Trump has no political sense. So much for a stable and smart genius. He's a political idiot!

But what he said was not wrong.
I understand the sentiment, but back when your ancestors, and my ancestors came to this country, many people considered those respective countries ****hole countries as well. Irish immigrants, for example, were an underclass of people who no one wanted to hire in New York City. And many other nationalities have experienced this when racism was widespread.

But it is 2018 now, and we realize those were misconceptions. Well, most of us do.

Old 01-13-2018, 01:21 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
Caveat: I have a lot of legit issues with Trump...his vindictiveness with states that didn't vote for him, his inability to accept criticism, his crony family and cabinet picks, Twitter feuds, lack of diplomacy, etc., etc.

But this story in particular is so overblown. He said it in a closed door meeting, not in an official statement or otherwise publicly. I'm sure lawmakers, including past presidents, say all kinds of **** in closed-door negotiation sessions. But normally it wouldn't leak to the press because it's just part of the sausage being made. However, Trump is in a unique situation where he has no real allies in DC...his aides probably walk on egg shells and leak like a sieve to get back at him, Democrats want to tar & feather him rather than make a mutually beneficial deal, and Repblicans will throw him under the bus without a second thought. Then the media will predictably flip out at any little nugget that comes their way.

I'd almost feel a little bad for Trump, if this wasn't a self-inflicted wound. All the Twitter feuds, the fights with the media, the way he manages his staff, etc. He hasn't done anything to earn the benefit of the doubt. I expect another drama-filled few years and if he isn't re-elected it's going to be more on voter burn-out from his style, rather than substance.
I see it as treason when they want to destroy Trump and this country get nothing done. The Dems are spiteful and hateful. They don't"t want to fix anything. They just want to belly ache and use the race card constantly.

Old 01-13-2018, 01:26 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I understand the sentiment, but back when your ancestors, and my ancestors came to this country, many people considered those respective countries ****hole countries as well. Irish immigrants, for example, were an underclass of people who no one wanted to hire in New York City. And many other nationalities have experienced this when racism was widespread.

But it is 2018 now, and we realize those were misconceptions. Well, most of us do.

It has nothing to do with racism but the facts about certain countries past or present. It's not a misconception either. If that were so then why are the citizens of those countries clamoring to move here?

Old 01-13-2018, 01:46 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Um, you still don't get it. A "private meeting" with members of an opposition party that you crudely insult with all the subtlety of an eighth grader is not "said in private". Of course, members of his own party share his opinion (Paul Ryan said some nonsense about it "not being helpful", yea, whatever) but he will be called on such a statement by others in attendance who don't share his racist world view.

Oh, and by the way, African immigrants have higher levels of education than whites who are native born in this country. Those fleeing ****hole countries are usually more educated than barely literate Trump voters.

African immigrants are more educated than most
We don't know the context. Maybe he's talking about people from those countries taking advantage of our welfare system. Statistically, people from those countries do take more welfare.

It has nothing to do with race.

Old 01-13-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:

I am an immigrant who came from one of the sh$thole countries but I immigrated here based on merit, not to seek for asylum or welfare.

Old 01-13-2018, 01:55 PM

1,087 posts, read 782,498 times
Haitians were slaves brought to America continent from Africa, same as African Americans. Mexicans are descendants of Native Americans. Calling ****holes is insulting to America.

Old 01-13-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oo9 View Post
Haitians were slaves brought to America continent from Africa, same as African Americans. Mexicans are descendants of Native Americans. Calling ****holes is insulting to America.
I am not even sorry that the sh$thole countries are insulted.

Old 01-13-2018, 02:08 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,726,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We didn't need the richest and best long ago. We just needed immigrants who would come here even if poor to help build our nation and there was no welfare back then so you either sank or swim. Not true today. We are living in a highly technological world today and we don't need the poor, unskilled and uneducated. We have enough our own right now to care for. Our population numbers are much higher today also. Even our own blue-collared workers can't find jobs today as millions of illegal aliens have taken them by working for less.
Wait until computer robots take over those roles!! You ain’t seen nothing yet. I’m so tired of spokesholes lamenting how we have ALWAYS been a nation who wants the “tired, wretched, tempest-tossed”. That was LONG AGO. Times change and so does a country’s needs.

Old 01-13-2018, 02:13 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I have been poor in America and many Americans born here are homeless living in the woods,living in a car or in homeless shelters. Get real.

Poor to what extent? Ever stood in a line in a soup kitchen because you were so hungry? I think not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies