Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Donald Trump a racist?
Yes 259 55.34%
No 209 44.66%
Voters: 468. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 08:21 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,424,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
You've proven nothing. I asked you to post a quote from Trump that demonstrates his alleged homophobia. You did not.

No one in this country has a "right" to serve in the military.

Furthermore, you are all over the place in your accusations. This thread is supposedly about racism, but you've brought up sexual assault claims (really? Women never lie? Ask the Duke lacrosse players, for one), alleged Russian collusion, Jews and Muslims (again, Islam is not a race), now gays and transgenders. Even when "facts" are brought up, you ignore them.

Another classic example of TDS.
Am I missing something? I think you are missing something.

My comment is as follows... So most people with a clear mind knowing that it is MORE LIKELY than not that he is a racist, sexist and homophobic bigot.

I never mentioned a statement or quote. So where are you getting another false accusation from?
Furthermore never said Muslim is a race. I know that. I'm giving patterns of outrageous behavior. He has a discriminatory mindset, period. I'm addressing it all because it's again called a pattern. Something they use in a court of law as well. Hopefully, he will be there or in front of Congress soon.

Just because you mention one-offs, doesn't mean that is the majority. Please name more than 1 case out of millions of cases. There are expectations in every situation of life!

I'm not all over the place. I'm giving the facts on all the hate he continues to spew! That's all over the place.

Last edited by KayAnn246; 01-15-2018 at 08:30 PM..

Old 01-15-2018, 08:32 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Am I missing something? I think you are missing something.

My comment is as follows... So most people with a clear mind knowing that it is MORE LIKELY than not that he is a racist, sexist and homophobic bigot.

I never mentioned a statement or quote. So where are you getting another false accusation from?
I asked you for a quote, made by Trump, that shows he is homophobic.

Linking to policy decisions regarding, among other things, transgender people serving in the military, does not prove that Trump is homophobic.

You said Trump is racist against Jews. Again, where is your proof?

You the one accusing President Trump of being all of these things. Where is your evidence?

The NYT opinion piece you originally posted is highly debatable.

So I'm asking for evidence supporting all of your accusations.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:42 PM

Let me explain....common sense says...Actions speaks louder than words! No one needs an actual statement to display any form of discrimination or harassment. Just action! He has tried it. That's enough. There doesn't need to be a statement, quote or words.

It is clear that most forms of discrimination are not with words but power and actions. So if you don't understand or can't relate, well...

Just because you ask for quotes and word but I explain actions he has done doesn't make it less relevant at all.

Actions are enough. If you don't believe that the anti-LGBT laws (actions) he tried to put in place aren't homophobic, then I won't go any further in the discussion because it's pointless to continue. But it is clearly that.

Old 01-15-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Let me explain....common sense says...Actions speaks louder than words! No one needs an actual statement to display any form of discrimination or harassment. Just action! He has tried it. That's enough. There doesn't need to be a statement, quote or words.

It is clear that most forms of discrimination are not with words but power and actions. So if you don't understand or can't relate, well...

Just because you ask for quotes and word but I explain actions he has done doesn't make it less relevant at all.

Actions are enough. If you don't believe that the anti-LGBT laws (actions) he tried to put in place aren't homophobic, then I won't go any further in the discussion because it's pointless to continue. But it is clearly that.
Some of Trump's actions:

"In the 1980s & 1990s Trump donated heavily to charities that focused on the AIDS outbreak. When he floated a third party presidential run in 1999 he went on record saying he would consider adding sexual orientation to the Civil Rights Act. Trump is also believed to be the first private club owner in Palm Beach — in this case Mar-a-Lago — to admit a gay couple."

"Fast forward to the 2016 election and Trump’s view of the LGBT community remained unchanged. In June 2015 he forcefully condemned the terror attack at Pulse nightclub, a LGBT club. In condemning this attack, Trump bravely spoke an ugly truth many in the elite dare not speak – radical Islam and the LGBT community do not mix. Trump took this truth to Cleveland when he vowed to protect the LGBT community."

"During the same convention, Trump asked gay Silicon Valley tycoon Peter Thiel to address the Republican delegates. Thiel accepted then and is now a part of Trump’s transition team."

Memo to the LGBT community: Donald Trump is not your enemy | TheHill

More:

"Only a hyper-partisan, near-sighted Trump basher could consider the current administration hostile to gay rights. At most, Trump is easing away from a handful of bold policies Obama inched toward at the end of his eight-year term. If Trump is rolling back gay rights, he’s rolling them back to 2016.

In fact, many of the ways Trump has supposedly abandoned gay rights advances refer to steps the Obama Administration considered but postponed or rejected outright.

Here is a fairly comprehensive list of the administration’s supposedly homophobic steps:

It rescinds the Obama directive that schools must let transgender youth use the bathrooms and locker rooms of their choice. Schools are still allowed to keep such policies, which many (if not most) do. Rollback to: May 13, 2016.
Trump announces a ban on transgender people serving in the military, although his Defense Secretary freezes the policy pending further review. Obama’s inclusive policy is quite recent, announced just four months before President Trump’s election. Rollback to: June 30, 2016.
It files a brief opposing the courtroom argument that the word “sex” in the 1964 Civil Rights Act may be re-interpreted and broadened to include sexual orientation. While the Obama Administration applied the word “sex” to gender identity (not much of a stretch) it never did so to sexual orientation (an extreme overreach that does violence to the very idea that laws should mean what they say). Rollback to: Never.
President Trump signs a religious liberty order that does, basically, nothing – particularly regarding gay rights. Gay groups futilely object but cannot identify any harms. Though urged to create a sweeping policy allowing discrimination against LGBT people, he refuses, much to the quiet dismay of his Evangelical allies. Rollback to: Never.
It does not add sexual orientation and gender identity to the 2020 census. Such a move was vaguely discussed and rejected in the Obama years. Despite gay hyperbole about being “erased,” the census has been always silent about many subgroups, including Jews. Rollback to: Never."

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/11/tr...-back-to-2016/

Old 01-15-2018, 09:09 PM

That article is full of holes with a bias opinion. See how that works!

The accusation of saying I posted all upstate SC is racist when I never mentioned SC and you said I mentioned a homophobic quote when I didn't post that...I'm going to conclude we are in the spin zone and I'm getting off the merry go round.

To OP's question again. As a person that has been around many people during military service, corporate America, going to several different colleges around the world, living in cultural diversity neighborhoods all of my life and having friends and relatives from different cultures, Donnie is a racist among other things. No doubt about it.

Old 01-15-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
T you said i mentioned a homophobic quote when I didn't post that...I'm going to conclude we are in the spin zone and I'm getting off the merry go round.

To OP's question again. As a person that has been around many people during military service, corporate America, going to several different colleges around the world, living in cultural diversity neighborhoods all of my life and having friends and relatives from different cultures, Donnie is a racist among other things. No doubt about it.
The SC thing was a mistake on my part. I apologized.

I was ASKING you to provide a quote from Trump that demonstrates that he is homophobic, which you accused him of.

You can't or won't.

Then you gave me a diatribe about actions being louder than words.

I then posted some examples of Trump's actions that demonstrate that he is not homophobic.

But that's not good enough for you because I guess you can just tell by your feelings that he is.

Whatever.

Old 01-16-2018, 03:11 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,509,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
yep.

this would not have affected his US "natural born citizen" status nor would it have made obama the first POTUS with multiple citizenships during their term.

neither clinton or her campaign raised the issue. phil berg, a clinton supporter who was not connected to the campaign, raised the issue in the first of 230+ birther lawsuits.

no it wouldn't. after the age of 4 adoption does not affect indonesian citizenship. obama has yet to be eligible for indonesian citizenship under indonesian law.

add to that, adoption ( which there is no evidence that soetoro did adopt ) doesn't affect US citizenship. a 3rd party can not renounce a person's US citizenship and the US state department doesn't allow children to renounce their own.

i've never seen any evidence that this happened.

what exactly haven't you seen from obama that you have from other presidents?

i've seen his COLB, "long-form" birth certificate, 1961 HI birth index, two contemporaneous birth announcements, elementary school admissions, a book from high school classmates and interviews with college classmates.

i'm just stating the facts on the issue. if there's something you believe is wrong please point it out with evidence to support.
Okay, I will leave it at that..

Old 01-16-2018, 07:18 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Not all Trump voters and supporters are white obviously. Are YOU and the liberals talking about white people when you attack in biblical proportions those voters and supporters? Or are they all "racist" no matter their race?
that has nothing to do with anything that I said

Old 01-16-2018, 09:00 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,967,617 times
Trump racist? No. Jesse Jackson? Yes.

I think 60% of the people on this board have NO idea what racism really is. Sad.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:11 AM

26,582 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Okay, I will leave it at that..
fair enough, but i am curious if you still believe "Obama has a very gray past, very limited words, very sheltered via archives and media." ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies