Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Donald Trump a racist?
Yes 259 55.34%
No 209 44.66%
Voters: 468. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 03:35 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,433,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Lee View Post
I would say it is a slip of the tongue. What Trump might actually mean to say is that he prefers more immigrants from 1st world countries like Norway but less immigrants from basket case countries like Haiti.

But the problem is Norway is predominantly White while Haiti is predominantly Black.

If Trump had cited other countries like Japan instead of Norway, then probably he wouldn't be called racist.
He did cite other countries....he said Asian countries after Norway. The liberal media leaves it out because they obviously want to call him racist.

Old 01-16-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Most everybody knows the connotations of what Trump said, or at least can understand how many people would interpret his remarks as such.

Historically, most, if not all, things associated with "black people" was connected with "trash" (to say the least); so much so that anything linked with Blacks was automatically considered trashy (their food, music, accent/dialect, and even their homeland itself).

So Donald well knows how a lot of people would interpret his remarks IF the Trump's base is right about how socially intelligent he is (potentially an interesting avenue for discussion, ya think). That makes it hard to see Trump actually thinking "Oh, I don't mean the people, I mean their land"; contrary to what he and his camp claims. No other interpretation of his remark is reasonable. His denial of what it means sounds more like an obnoxious South-basher calling some deep south state "inbred redneck" getting called out at a party by a white deep southerner, then says "Oh, I meant the states government or the 'lower segment' of those people. Not you or people like you!!"

Or, some bully getting blowback from the person who bullied, "Oh, I don't mean you!".

Same thing with Trump and the ****hole remark.

I'll leave the Central Park Five bit to people who are half-way knowledgable about it.

Ever heard of subtext? The unspoken but obviously present message that goes along with words. It's kind of like a persistently bullying co-worker telling his or her target", I hope you're not upset about my unbecoming behavior". Would you take the bully's statement at face value? I sure wouldn't. I'd take it as an implicit message to the target "You need to toughen up" or "I don't give a damn about your emotional well-being or feelings" or perhaps even a threat of some sort. If you can't see that, then your sentence interpretation skills are no better than those of a computer - hyper-literal to the point that makes even Sheldon Cooper look socially suave.

Once again, an example of irrelevant parallel from Trump's defenders.

The non-racists who think OJ is guilty of murder did not castigate the entire segment of OJ's broadly defined group. Trump did castigate an entire set of nations with a well-known common trait - being inhabited overwhelmingly by dark-skinned people. The link between the people and the land I described above. Also, non-racists, by definition, do not have a history of engaging in bigoted remarks against other races and certainly not blatantly and publicly so like Trump did during his campaign, and even well before it. Trump himself does have a track record. So your comparison to people who believe Trump was not being racist with his remark with believing OJ guilty is simply irrelevant and inadequate.
I would say you are desperate to make his comments racist in nature.

Why are people fleeing certain countries to immigrate to the US if they are so great, as you see it?

The reality is Democrats know most of these immigrants from poor countries are likely Democratic voters.....that's why you want them to come here. If they were likely GOP voters, a massive wall would have been built 50 years ago.

Old 01-16-2018, 03:43 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,900,054 times
Quote:
I would say it is a slip of the tongue. What Trump might actually mean to say is that he prefers more immigrants from 1st world countries like Norway but less immigrants from basket case countries like Haiti.

But the problem is Norway is predominantly White while Haiti is predominantly Black.

If Trump had cited other countries like Japan
instead of Norway, then probably he wouldn't be called racist.
But the real problem is liberals are anti-white and have no problem Haiti is black and Japan is Asian but have a big problem that Norway and America are historically white. And the bigger problem is the people make the culture. Norwegian make Norway, Japanese make Japan, Haitian make Haiti and white Americans made America in the ultimate merit test of culture. But we must take mass immigration largely from the third world due to liberals because of my first sentence.

Old 01-16-2018, 03:45 PM

MLK's niece said Trump isn't racist.

Diamond and Silk say Trump isn't racist.

Old 01-16-2018, 03:46 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,491,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
He didn't disclose his long form birth certificate until much later,...
correct, in 2011. the certificate of live birth that obama released in 2008 was a legal contemporary state issued document compatible with what both mitt romney and donald trump released as legal proof of birth.

Quote:
You havent' explained how questoning Obama's citizenship is evidence of racism.
yes, i did.

obama proved the facts of his birth in june 2008. by demanding the "long-form" birth certificate obama was held to a higher standard of proof than either mitt romney, ted cruz or donald trump ( or any previous presidential candidate that didn't make their birth certificate publicly available ). even when supplied the birthers demanded an even higher level of proof.

to hold a black candidate to a higher standard than a white is racist.

Old 01-16-2018, 03:50 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,788,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
MLK's niece said Trump isn't racist.

Diamond and Silk say Trump isn't racist.
MLK's nephew says he is not racist too.

Old 01-16-2018, 03:50 PM

716 posts, read 394,691 times
Quote:

If Trump had cited other countries like Japan instead of Norway, then probably he wouldn't be called racist.
You would have a point if he didn't have a very long history of making the exact same type of comments when it comes to any issue involving any minority group. It's the same with his pathological lying, how many times does someone have to hear an obvious and documentable, "untruth" before it dawns on them that everything he says should be taken with a big grain of salt?

Your defense of Trump was used when the Access Hollywood tape exposed the way he thinks about women, when his defenders would claim: '...It was a slip of the tongue. What Trump actually meant to say was, "Nobody has more respect for women than I do"...

Old 01-16-2018, 03:52 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,588,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
correct, in 2011. the certificate of live birth that obama released in 2008 was a legal contemporary state issued document compatible with what both mitt romney and donald trump released as legal proof of birth.

yes, i did.

obama proved the facts of his birth in june 2008. by demanding the "long-form" birth certificate obama was held to a higher standard of proof than either mitt romney, ted cruz or donald trump ( or any previous presidential candidate that didn't make their birth certificate publicly available ). even when supplied the birthers demanded an even higher level of proof.

to hold a black candidate to a higher standard than a white is racist.
Look, the only reason that Obama's birthplace was a question is that Obama made it a question.

His book (the back cover or some such) indicated that Obama was born in Kenya.

Obama has refused to release his school records, which would indicate whether he applied as a foreign student.

All the Liberal-Progs want to tell us how Obama is the smartest person in any room, yet, we've seen virtually no record of his scholarly pursuits, other than his Choom Gang photo.

IMO, Obama played his "foes" masterfully. He got them to question his birthplace for years and then presented a birth certificate that allowed him, with media assistance and backing, to claim that anyone who questioned him was/is a racist.

Of course, we all remember how Obama ridiculed Trump at the Correspondent's Dinner, and then how Trump won the election, and now how Trump is eradicating Obama's policies.

So, maybe Obama should have just been forthcoming rather than attempt to be "clever"?

Old 01-16-2018, 03:53 PM

8,397 posts, read 4,391,844 times
Is the Pope Catholic?

Old 01-16-2018, 04:03 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,491,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Look, the only reason that Obama's birthplace was a question is that Obama made it a question.
no he didn't. again he released his legal proof of birth in june 2008 and it was confirmed by the HI department of health ( the highest authority on vital records ) in october 2008.

Quote:
His book (the back cover or some such) indicated that Obama was born in Kenya.
no it doesn't. the "born in kenya" blurb came from a industry-only brochure promoting the literary agency. mariam goderich has admitted to writing error.

Quote:
Obama has refused to release his school records,....
as have all presidents ( including trump ) during their terms with one exception. gw bush released one page of his yale transcript in 2004. the exact same page had already been leaked by the new yorker in 1999.

Quote:
....which would indicate whether he applied as a foreign student.
the "foreign/fullbright" student myth comes from taking a 2009 april fool's prank seriously. even breitbart helped to debunked that one.

The Vetting - Exclusive Document Debunks Myth About Obama's Columbia Years - Breitbart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies