Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support sanctuary cities and states?
Yes 29 11.65%
No 220 88.35%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 08:32 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Yes, state rights is key.

Why should i care what a state like New York or California wanna do with their illegal immigrants?
It's not a State's Right issue. Immigration is a function of sovereignty and the federal government under the Constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 08:32 PM

89,059 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It's a State's Rights issue.
Immigration into the US is a Federal issue. States don't issue Green Cards.

Old 01-18-2018, 08:48 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It's a State's Rights issue.
This. I don't have a particularly strong opinion. They are not breaking any laws. That is key. They are not breaking any laws. But if it angers the GOP - worth it!

Old 01-18-2018, 08:52 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
You know who supports sanctuary cities? Every person who can vote who lives in one and doesn't protest by writing their Representatives, Senators, Mayor and Governor.

Old 01-18-2018, 08:55 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,260,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Immigration into the US is a Federal issue. States don't issue Green Cards.
Right, up to feds to enforce, not state/local.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:03 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,228,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Every human being has the right of freedom of movement under the non-aggression principle.

When that movement conflicts with the NAP is when a private individual's property is encroached upon without permission by the owner.

What fictional governments do is only my concern in that I monitor them as to avoid being fined, caged, or killed.
Any property, not just private. Property rights are absolute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Right, up to feds to enforce, not state/local.
Oh. So state and local governments should just throw away all those "ten most wanted" bulletins the FBI sends them, right?

Interesting that the state National Guards are subservient to the Commander in Chief, then. Hey, I know...you should tell them that they shouldn't be doing that. Its not their job, see. They should just be used to catch speeders and carpool cheaters!

Old 01-18-2018, 09:04 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Do any of you ever have an original thought?

Many of these "sanctuary" cities are not breaking the law, but FOLLOWING IT AS IT EXISTS. It is not the job of the mall cop to take down terror networks in Afghanistan and it is not the job of towns and cities to do Federal Work. Period.

Now - if a criminal is caught by the police and does not have documentation, he should be held no matter what - after all, he did something (assume) which may be felony or other serious matter.

But in terms of hunting for "illegals" as many seem to wish, that is best done legally through employers - who could implement a system in a week if they wanted. Strangely enough, most of these employers are Republican.

But it's easier to yell at a city than a Political Party or the Boss of the company that employs you or a family member.

How many of you have turned in your employers to ICE? I'm sure someone will answer yes, but we can be assured that that vast majority keep their traps shut...except on CD where they open them wide and spew BE.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:08 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You know who supports sanctuary cities? Every person who can vote who lives in one and doesn't protest by writing their Representatives, Senators, Mayor and Governor.
Employers and Bosses and guys like Trump who hire foreign workers love these places. I'd say more GOP money supports sanctuary cities than anything else.

Repeat after me. Employers could - in one month - clean up millions of these situations.
But they don't and they won't because.

1. Immigrants work smarter and harder than you.
2. The Bosses make more money this way.

Think of it like organized crime - called the Republican Party and Corporate Profits. It's the very foundation of our country - virtual slavery.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:09 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,396,690 times
i figure the liberal be fighting tooth and nail over this

Old 01-18-2018, 09:11 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,260,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Interesting that the state National Guards are subservient to the Commander in Chief, then. Hey, I know...you should tell them that they shouldn't be doing that. Its not their job, see. They should just be used to catch speeders and carpool cheaters!
So you're OK with a hike in local taxes to do the fed's job? And a change to the laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies