Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2018, 01:20 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump held last minute rallies that may have influenced voters.
Don't forget that Cambridge Analytica had access to the early write-in ballots weeks in advance which gave them a massive edge on knowing where to campaign in those last days before the election.

Old 06-08-2018, 01:39 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
I disagree here.

There is indeed something fishy, statistically improbable about the election.

Trump won all four surprise swing states by the same 1%.

Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin have been reliably gone blue for a generation. Early voting had supposedly put Clinton in the win column in Florida.

But Trump won all four states with statistically improbable 1% wins. That's not how numbers work in the real world.

The is oft-repeated explanation is that "every professional pollster in the nation – despite each working independently and using differing methodologies – somehow managed to overlook the same pockets of Trump voters in these states. If such pockets did exist, they would have existed in varying sizes in each of the four states, thus resulting in different sized wins in each."

"Ask any statistician and they’ll tell you that a reasonable distribution of the results would have been Trump winning one of the states by one percent, won one of them by perhaps three percent, won one of them by two percent, lost one of them by one percent, or something along those lines. But instead the voting tallies looked startlingly different from any natural distribution. In fact they looked startlingly the same."

Rigged election: Donald Trump won every surprise swing state by the same 1% margin - Palmer Report

We are now learning that Russian propaganda FB ads were pushed in these states. But folks on this forum insist that these ads didn't influence their vote.

Trump held last minute rallies that may have influenced voters. But really, if you weren't voting for Trump on Nov. 1st, what could he possibly say that that would change your mind on Nov. 5th?

That doesn't make sense.

21 states had their election system targeted by hackers.

The Wisconsin Election Commission stated the state's systems were targeted by "Russian government cyber actors."

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ha...ackers-n804031

We may never learn why four states went for Trump by statistically improbable 1%.

But definitely something fishy going on that had nothing to do with what kind of candidate Clinton was.
All of that doesn't matter. Clinton was a flawed candidate, Trump a horrible one. People picked their poison, even if the above has truth to it. The Russian's goal was not necessarily who got in the White House, but to spread discord among Americans. They've succeeded, and if you read many of the posts here, they still are succeeding with Trump supporters swallowing the agitprop.

Old 06-08-2018, 01:55 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Don't forget that Cambridge Analytica had access to the early write-in ballots weeks in advance which gave them a massive edge on knowing where to campaign in those last days before the election.
Cambridge Analytica's CEO Alexander Nix is being questioned in the UK Parliament and is walking back some of his early statements.

Seems there was something going on between Cambridge Analytica and Wikileaks. Payments in cryptocurrency, meetings, ...

The whole campaign sounds fishy. From the odd NDAs, the changing stories about who paid what hush money, Briody claiming he paid off a mistress no one knew he had, ... and now:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...83214673072133

Old 06-08-2018, 03:30 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Cambridge Analytica's CEO Alexander Nix is being questioned in the UK Parliament and is walking back some of his early statements.

Seems there was something going on between Cambridge Analytica and Wikileaks. Payments in cryptocurrency, meetings, ...

The whole campaign sounds fishy. From the odd NDAs, the changing stories about who paid what hush money, Briody claiming he paid off a mistress no one knew he had, ... and now:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...83214673072133
Is anyone really surprised that the WH/Justice Dept/GOP Congress would go to any lengths to protect Trump and the GOP likely involved in criminal wrongdoing during the 2016 election and lead-up????

Since this Justice Dept has taken over the phones and laptop of a journalist when they HAD the former Govt employee also involved first hand...nothing surprises me...

There were ways to obtain that info w/o taking over the journalist's phones and laptop
Go to hell and back to protect POTUS but not a journalist's right to protected information--
From now on I think I am using this for "Justice" Dept....

Old 06-08-2018, 04:31 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Is anyone really surprised that the WH/Justice Dept/GOP Congress would go to any lengths to protect Trump and the GOP likely involved in criminal wrongdoing during the 2016 election and lead-up????

Since this Justice Dept has taken over the phones and laptop of a journalist when they HAD the former Govt employee also involved first hand...nothing surprises me...

There were ways to obtain that info w/o taking over the journalist's phones and laptop
Go to hell and back to protect POTUS but not a journalist's right to protected information--

Its not them protecting Trump I think. I think they are protecting their investigation.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post

"Justice" Dept. seized the phones and laptop of a journalist? Who? Why?

What former government employee?

I try to stay up on things, but this one slipped passed.

Old 06-08-2018, 05:20 PM

This can't be good.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1005227303687868421

Old 06-08-2018, 05:27 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Sounds great to me - Trump and his minions got their asses handed to them! What could be better?

Old 06-08-2018, 05:42 PM

So we learn that Davidson and Cohen are being sued for being in cahoots over Stormy's NDA and there are texts between them about booking Stormy on Hannity.

Next thing you know, Hannity is giving detailed instructions on his show on how to destroy cell phones evidence.

I'm not kidding.

Old 06-08-2018, 11:06 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
What has Trump done? And please don't cite CNN or some phony anonymous sources. What has been proven? The things he said to Billy Bush in private were reprehensible but at the end of the day just words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
Shall we talk to the multiple women who accuse him of sexual harassment? The Trump University students? The contractors and other people that he didn't pay?
YES, we should...and the fact that he lies daily and fictionalizes everything, a record that is unlike those having been in this position prior, being accused of wrongdoings unlike his. The fact that he is entirely lacking in character, compassion, knowledge, ability - he should have never been allowed to become president, having caused such upheaval and a lack of leadership, creating the need for his removal.

Yet some apparently think this is okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies