Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2018, 01:44 PM

5,316 posts, read 2,124,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Meh.......

Unlike some people, I would rather my party not vote according to the hive mind group think.

The fact that the right doesn't vote in lockstep just means they aren't all as the Left likes to stereotype them on every issue.

I don't know about you.....but to me that's a good thing.
I agree not all in a party have to /should agree and vote in lockstep...but I have also seen a lot of people throw out RINO in response to any action outside of Trump devotion, etc.. Just sayin'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 01:50 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,216,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
I am a registered Democrat & I am ashamed of my party. If you want to protect the dreamers then agree to the wall. Give to get. Immediate problem over, government stays open & situation for now resolved.

These dreamers are illegal immigrants. They have broken the law. Are there what, a million of them? And yet, my party wants to hold this entire country of hundreds of millions hostage because of them.

The democrats used to be the defenders of the middle class. Where did my party go? It has abandoned me, a loyal voter who consistently supported straight democrat tickets on the ballots. Not the case anymore.
And that is why I am not longer a Democrat; they turned their backs on Americans in favor of illegals! For over thirty years I stood solidly behind my Party; but I learned - perhaps I was a slow learner.

How many times do we have to be told that we do not count? Look at the new NJ Governor: New Jersey Governor Wants to Create an Entire Agency to Protect Illegal Immigrants. The very first thing he cares about are illegal immigrants and he wants to use his State's money to provide legal protection. He is also talking about driver's licenses for the illegals. At the same time he turns his back on those that put him in office and he steals their money!

By the way; how does it feel to have your Party turn on you like a mad dog because your opinion differs from theirs? It's like: We got you now; you forgot how to goosestep! They obviously cannot wait for robots (under their control) to take over!

Old 01-20-2018, 01:51 PM

18,473 posts, read 7,124,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Survival can supersede law. Again be glad you never had too.
I used to work with dozens of illegal aliens.

To the point where I had to learn rudimentary Spanish in order to do my job.

Not one of them were here because they were starving in Mexico.

Most of them went home every few months to work on the houses they were building in Mexico or otherwise spend the money they made here.

They lived very well and with a few notable exceptions, most of them had no desire to stay here.... at least not enough to bother even attempting to go through the legal channels to do so.

Last edited by FatBob96; 01-20-2018 at 01:59 PM..

Old 01-20-2018, 01:54 PM

63,123 posts, read 29,304,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Ending DACA would hurt the economy. Many DACA people are valued employees at businesses, and those businesses would be hurt if they lost them.

"The data illustrate that DACA recipients continue to make positive and significant contributions to the economy, including earning higher wages, which translates into higher tax revenue and economic growth that benefits all Americans. In addition, DACA recipients are buying cars, purchasing their first homes, and even creating new businesses. The survey’s results also show that at least 72 percent of the top 25 Fortune 500 companies employ DACA recipients."

These are not "criminal illegals." These are people who came here as children -- a choice they did not make -- but have assimilated into our society. The majority of them have good jobs, pay taxes; a significant fraction of them are in college earning a degree.

Conservatives stereotype DACA people as unemployed migrants who illegal swam across the Rio Grande at night. It's a false characterization. Trump says he wants merit-based immigration; fine, the DACA people are the "keepers" so let's keep them.

You apparently don't know the truth about the DACAs. Also, having 800,000 of them here competing for jobs and resources against young Americans is not a good thing. If they had those jobs instead they in turn would be paying taxes and contributing to our economy. We don't need the DACAs to do that for us. Obama gave incentives to employers to hire DACAs that was not fair to young Americans seeking work.

Merit based also means coming here legally not illegally and only allowing them in if we truly need them.

https://www.lifezette.com/polizette/...-daca-program/

https://immigrationreform.com/2017/1...#comment-88430

Old 01-20-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I personally would have no problem with that. The parents were the criminals, the children were not. They were raised here and culturally, Americans. The only thing that separates them from us is a piece of paper. Send everyone who willfully does not follow are rule of law home. I believe that there are exceptions to every rule and the dreamers are the exception. If you start sending the parents back, how many dreamers will follow voluntarily? How many dreamers have no family left here and don't have family back in Mexico? Should they be sent to what's essentially a foreign country because they had no choice where to live as children? The haters would say so, but I think it's incredibly cruel. End DACA for future children. That could be a deterrent to future illegals, but grandfather the ones that are here.

The democrats are not supporting illegals over Americans. There was a bipartisan deal that Trump said he would sign, but, as usual, he went back on his word to feed an ever shrinking base.

One year to the day that Trump is in office and the government is shut down. Brilliant negotiation skills there. Enjoy.

So you'd separate the families by allowing the DACAs to remain here while deporting their parents? Hmm, I wonder what the DACAs would say about that as they are already demanding that their parents get to remain here also. That would be the next battle in congress, no thanks! They need to go back to their homelands with their parents and then they shouldn't care about supposedly not knowing their own country. What is it that they need to know anyway? They are taught the language and culture by their parents.

There is no hate in this issue just wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced. Yes, the Democrats did support illegals over Americans otherwise they wouldn't have put DACA in a budget bill when it has nothing to do with the budget.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:09 PM

3,281 posts, read 3,238,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruready4Bklyn View Post
That means you were never a democrat if you are for the useless repubs, the party of responsibility that blames everyone for their failures in govt and the American people,
Wow, so I was really a Republican for 40 some odd years; years that included serving on the Board of Directors of the local chapters of both the National Organization for Women & the American Civil Liberities Union. Years spent holding up Keep Abortion Legal signs at supportive protests sponsored by Planned Patenthoid. And I have to let the local Democratic Party know that I wasn’t one of them when I attended the first Bill Clinton inauguration and the state inaugural ball in DC. Who knew I was a party crasher? Who knew I was an imposter when I walked the neighborhood along with my democratic state rep, who was then running for state congress, soliciting votes and asking my neighbors to vote for him? Who knew I wasn’t supposed to get any invites, nor attend, the local Jefferson/Jackson fund-raising banquets hosted by the Democratic Party?

Of course, the all knowing Ruready4bklyn knew I was a fraud all along—so brilliant a poster.

Hope this poster is not a Democrat, otherwise, it further validates my opinion of being alienated by the party.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:28 PM

3,880 posts, read 1,814,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So you'd separate the families by allowing the DACAs to remain here while deporting their parents? Hmm, I wonder what the DACAs would say about that as they are already demanding that their parents get to remain here also. That would be the next battle in congress, no thanks! They need to go back to their homelands with their parents and then they shouldn't care about supposedly not knowing their own country. What is it that they need to know anyway? They are taught the language and culture by their parents.

There is no hate in this issue just wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced. Yes, the Democrats did support illegals over Americans otherwise they wouldn't have put DACA in a budget bill when it has nothing to do with the budget.
Well said. Nobody seems to be addressing the parents who brought them here. If DACA is continued what happens to their illegal parent?

I hope our leaders stand their ground on this issue. DACA needs to go.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:33 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,804,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
They can't even get everyone in their own party to vote yes! Boggles the mind that they would blame Democrats for this.
Wow, Republicans are not a bunch of brain washed followers and that's bad to a Democrat.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
When people rob a bank, should their kids be able to keep the things bought with that stolen money?

Under the RICO Act ANYTHING obtained with the money gotten through illegal means is FORFEITED.

Why shouldn't the SAME be for illgals children?

They should NOT benefit from their parents BREAKING laws.

Exactly! That's what I have been saying all along. It would also be rewarding their parents for bringing them here illegally. They are also demanding that their parents get to remain here. Are the left so clueless that they can't see the writing on the wall? What about the 800,000 jobs they'd be sucking up that should go to young Americans? I guess that doesn't matter to them.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:37 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,405,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Well said. Nobody seems to be addressing the parents who brought them here. If DACA is continued what happens to their illegal parent?

I hope our leaders stand their ground on this issue. DACA needs to go.
In actual fact nothing.

The illegal alien population is not leaving. And we have no real intention of deporting them. The population has been too large for mass deportation for 20 years or more. And there is no support among the US Citizens for anything like the massive effort it would take.

And in fact the last of the illegals that we would deport would be the Dreamers. So the real intent of the President's action on DACA would be to force the dreamers into the black economy. Preventing them from holding regular jobs and paying their taxes. The President has made it clear that no deporting of the Dreamers will be happening. Simply forcing them to abandon the legal side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies