Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 06:06 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times

Advertisements

Look at how liberal run education has resulted in the U.S. Dropping Out of the Top 10 in Innovation Ranking. You try to teach children that gender or race isn't defined by DNA and wonder why the rest of the world thinks you're anti science?

You have grades going up but standardized test results going down, ever more illiterate "graduates" even from universities and blame Republicans? Who is it who has the vast majority of (so called) teachers? Liberals, so utterly devoid of any sense of personal responsibility they'll blame every failure on someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 06:14 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,503,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Look at how liberal run education has resulted in the U.S. Dropping Out of the Top 10 in Innovation Ranking. You try to teach children that gender or race isn't defined by DNA and wonder why the rest of the world thinks you're anti science?

You have grades going up but standardized test results going down, ever more illiterate "graduates" even from universities and blame Republicans? Who is it who has the vast majority of (so called) teachers? Liberals, so utterly devoid of any sense of personal responsibility they'll blame every failure on someone else.
The "liberal" schools around me are doing fine. When you average the results of the New England states and other places that value education with states like MS and AL and others who don't want to spend money on their schools you get the poor results for the country we have. If you really look at the stats on school performance and quality of education you'd see it's the tightwad red states of the Bible Belt dragging the country's results down.

Old 01-23-2018, 06:21 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post

Colleges are no longer institutes of higher learning, but rather social justice clubs, and party central. I think one of the prerequisites to be in the top 10 is to NOT TEACH CHILDREN THAT THERE ARE 95 GENDERS

Old 01-23-2018, 06:24 PM

30,375 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
The United States is no longer in the top 10 of countries for innovation and new technology. A big reason for this are cutbacks in research and development at universities. You cannot compete in the global marketplace if you don't invest in R&D.

"The U.S. Drops Out of the Top 10 in Innovation Ranking"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-as-u-s-falls
Near useless metric. South Korea #1....all they do as copy what Americans create. Yes, I worked at the top electronics company in Korea...kudos for the Koreans bringing in creators from the West.

Old 01-23-2018, 06:28 PM

1,184 posts, read 720,828 times
Like Singapore and Finland is more innovative than the USA lol get real

Old 01-24-2018, 12:27 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,749,349 times
You call right-wingers anti-science but leftist icons like Bill Nye isn't a scientist, and Al Gore doesn't have a background in science.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:37 AM

31,073 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
This is one area where I believe republicans are making a very big mistake. Education is the backbone of this country's success, both economically and militarily. We wouldn't have the defensive edge over other countries if it weren't for our smart engineers/scientists solving tough problems and staying ahead of the curve.
Sure I'm an Aerospace Engineer working in the Defense Industry and most all of us are Republican or at least have a conservative bias. All of us are very well educated with the strongest science skills in the world. People in this country getting worthless degrees are mostly on the Left, getting degrees in Alternative gender studies or some other over rated degree.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:42 AM

31,073 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Near useless metric. South Korea #1....all they do as copy what Americans create. Yes, I worked at the top electronics company in Korea...kudos for the Koreans bringing in creators from the West.
They all copy us. Working in my industry, I watch the Chinese come out with their newest military Aircraft. No surprise they are using components that look just like what I was working on 10 years ago Half the time I'm thinking, good thing we don't use that crappy design anymore

Last edited by LS Jaun; 01-24-2018 at 12:51 AM..

Old 01-24-2018, 01:17 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,584,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
One of the enormous risks of this trend is that it makes us less safe. The DOD depends on that R&D to ensure that they have the most modern weapons technology in the world. This is where we need to be spending our tax dollars, on cutting edge research under ARPA/DARPA, not on some ridiculous border wall.
Or, perhaps universities could cut out all the spending on gender / race / ethnic / sexuality studies and spend instead on research that would assist our defense efforts.

Yeah, the Left will agree to that!

Old 01-24-2018, 01:54 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
It seems like to be tolerated by the left you have to be a liberal, atheist and globalist. But they are intolerant toward straight men and whites and American citizens too. I guess to be tolerated by the left you have to be a liberal, atheist, globalist, "person of color", gay and trans, immigrant from a s-hole country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies