Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 01:40 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,806,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
In your face double standards, create terms like "Hate crime" to protect their base from the truth.
The real snowflakes are people that can't accept that not everybody in this society worships their diety, believes their holy book, or follows their rules. Christians want gay people to accept that people think it's an abomination to God and that God hates them. Fine, that's their right, but Christians need to accept that we have a First Amendment and they don't get to force everyone to bow to their religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 01:47 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,301 times
Come on homophobes let that hate flag of yours fly! And BTW homosexuality is actually naturally it occurs in the animal kingdom as well as the insect. Do you think they believe in god?

Old 01-25-2018, 01:50 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
Unless I missed it we are on page 3 and nobody blamed Trump yet.

I guess this means the world will be ending in 3,2,1...

Old 01-25-2018, 01:51 PM

15,525 posts, read 10,492,988 times
For a lot of people, gays are acceptable because it's a sexual orientation. And for a lot of people, trans are unacceptable because it's perceived gender identity. That's a big difference. Imho, gay leaders who allowed trans people into their movement made a mistake.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:53 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,365,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Another thread where the real bullies claim to be the victims. Turn off the Fox News are look at the issue objectively. In many parts of the country it's still very difficult to be openly gay and doing so carries with it a huge risk and social stigma. I live in one of them. Christian parents still throw their children to the streets for coming out of the closet.
The fact that many gay people are treated badly, even by their own families, doesn't give them the right to hurt other people.

And the truth is that on a small scale, in many personal encounters and relationships, gay youths are bullied or mistreated before they are old enough and independent enough to find a "safe space" for themselves. However, on a large scale -- involving the coordinated efforts of the national government, the mass media, the universities, and all other important institutions -- the LGBTQ's (or people who claim to be acting for them) are the bullies.

You're illustrating my old observation well.

The Left consists of people who believe they have the right to commit aggression against others.

Liberals are those who believe they deserve to be aggressed upon by Leftists.

The rest of us say "BS" to both the Left and liberals.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:56 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,584,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Unless I missed it we are on page 3 and nobody blamed Trump yet.

I guess this means the world will be ending in 3,2,1...
BOOM!

Thanks, dude.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:57 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,365,745 times
Quote:
The real snowflakes are people that can't accept that not everybody in this society worships their diety, believes their holy book, or follows their rules.
I consider Dr. Atkins a prophet, but Gary Taubes is my diety. Who is yours? Perhaps we can find some common ground.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:00 PM

693 posts, read 356,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Actully, I don't call them homophobes. A phobia suggests fear and people who are homophobic really aren't scared. They're just intolerant jerks.
I may be wrong, but I think the definition of phobia covers either fear or aversion. They clearly have an aversion.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:00 PM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
Quote:
Another thread where the real bullies claim to be the victims. Turn off the Fox News are look at the issue objectively. In many parts of the country it's still very difficult to be openly gay and doing so carries with it a huge risk and social stigma. I live in one of them. Christian parents still throw their children to the streets for coming out of the closet.

I fear a time is coming where the LGBT community will be forced back into the closet or into conversion therapy by law with the alternative being the death penalty. That is the ultimate goal of religious conservatives.

I think the society depicted in A Handmaid's Tale is closer than many want to admit.

Your fear is unfounded and self destructive.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:11 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,719,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They have bullied their way into our lives.
One could say the same thing about corporate America and they might be, more or less, equally true. Complainers often win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies