Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 02:33 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,087,271 times

Advertisements

OP, that is because homosexuality used to be more underground. Hollywood started to shove homosexuality down everyone's throat. Now the homosexuals themselves are forcing it all over society. In 2018 if you say homosexuality is wrong you are a bigot. If you say a trans woman is not a real woman cause they have a penis...then YOU are looked at as abnormal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 02:34 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,372,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I find myself asking this question more and more and I don't like nor belong to any religion.

But I've never had anyone scream at me or force me to go to church or pray with them. And I live in what is considered a religious area (I don't really consider it as such but whatever).
And you've never had someone scream and force you to marry someone of the same gender either.

That's not the same for plenty of LGBTQ people. Hence lies the difference.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:35 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,736,261 times
For members of the LGBT community that voted for Trump thinking he wouldn't be so bad, this is what the result is. Congratulations. Hopefully it won't be repeated in future elections. Trump's enablement of the Right has resulted in an ever-increasing march toward The Handmaid's Tale. Just imagine how much worse it will get with more Republicans in office.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:36 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,087,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I dont care what you do or where you take a crap if there are stalls.

I do care when they expect my daughter to change for gym with a boy who thinks he is a girl.

I think most people are like that...they just don't care.

But as the homosexuals continue to force feed their ways on people that don't want to go along with the homosexual agenda, then something will have to give.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:37 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,961,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Another thread where the real bullies claim to be the victims. Turn off the Fox News are look at the issue objectively. In many parts of the country it's still very difficult to be openly gay and doing so carries with it a huge risk and social stigma. I live in one of them. Christian parents still throw their children to the streets for coming out of the closet.

I fear a time is coming where the LGBT community will be forced back into the closet or into conversion therapy by law with the alternative being the death penalty. That is the ultimate goal of religious conservatives.

I think the society depicted in A Handmaid's Tale is closer than many want to admit.

Yeah, seeing as how you mention Christians... they think LGBT folks are weird?? Seriously??? They're running around having conversations with some dude who lives up in the clouds, like he's a real person who actually has some control over what goes on down here.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
True, the loony limp wristed liberal snowflakes, demonize anyone that doesn't buy their entire catalog of Crazy. They will eat their own quick if they step out of line.
As will Christians and other religious Fundamentalists. And they have proved that many times over.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
The real snowflakes are people that can't accept that not everybody in this society worships their diety, believes their holy book, or follows their rules. Christians want gay people to accept that people think it's an abomination to God and that God hates them. Fine, that's their right, but Christians need to accept that we have a First Amendment and they don't get to force everyone to bow to their religion.
This x infinity.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:40 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,535,603 times
They are not less comfortable with it now. They are just more comfortable telling the truth about how they feel now.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:40 PM

1,261 posts, read 952,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Then don't get bent, when they throw it in my face and I throw it right back at them twice as hard and they run to their safe space of granted privilege.

Attacking someone because they don't accept you, is a hate crime. See, it is a two way street, until government gets involved.
Why do you think LGBTQ people feel the need to be vocal about the challenges they face? Nobody is born an activist. People become activists, usually unwillingly, because of injustice.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:44 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
Quote:
The real snowflakes are people that can't accept that not everybody in this society worships their diety, believes their holy book, or follows their rules. Christians want gay people to accept that people think it's an abomination to God and that God hates them. Fine, that's their right, but Christians need to accept that we have a First Amendment and they don't get to force everyone to bow to their religion.

I'll tell you again.
Their are choices in life. Own who you are and wear it like a badge of honor. Or let your conscious run your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies