Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 03:11 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times

Advertisements

If it is such a wonderful place, then why are people upset citizens of Haiti here in the US have to go back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 03:18 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
So after trump called Haiti a **** country, Conan obrien goes there for his show to show how great the people are. Well two scenes in a mob of Haitians almost attack him and you can tell he was nervious! Hahaha. Classic snowflake liberal!

LOL liberal clowns are so amusing! Haiti didn't just appear. Yet Conan's never chosen to go there before this big "statement." In fact, none of them have ever considered Haiti to be a vacationer's paradise.

There's a reason for that.

Old 01-27-2018, 03:38 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
LOL liberal clowns are so amusing! Haiti didn't just appear. Yet Conan's never chosen to go there before this big "statement." In fact, none of them have ever considered Haiti to be a vacationer's paradise.

There's a reason for that.
All progressives who were offended by Trump's remarks should plan vacations to Haiti and not just to the walled-off resorts but across the country. That way they can help the Haitian economy with their tourist money and get to interact with the real Haitian people. I'm sure they'll find out that Haiti is a safe place where they can feel secure strolling along by foot either through the wilderness or through the cities.

Safe travels!

Old 01-27-2018, 03:54 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,145,575 times
Quote:
So after trump called Haiti a **** country, Conan obrien goes there for his show to show how great the people are. Well two scenes in a mob of Haitians almost attack him and you can tell he was nervious! Hahaha. Classic snowflake liberal!

Meh. Stupid. Trump was being his usual mean idiot self with the remark, but we known perfectly well what he meant - it's not about beauty and it's not about nice people.

Old 01-27-2018, 05:06 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Meh. Stupid. Trump was being his usual mean idiot self with the remark, but we known perfectly well what he meant - it's not about beauty and it's not about nice people.
You're right. It's about living conditions. That's what makes Haiti a blankhole.

Old 01-27-2018, 05:20 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Haiti has REAL problems. The average IQ is in the sixties. Maybe they should use Trump's comment to highlight their very significant problems instead of mocking a president of a successful country, but they are going along with ginger boy because he pretends to sympathize with them. Conan really stepped out of his preppy bubble for this one.
Conan and other progressives should fit right in.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:04 AM

30,392 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Conan and other progressives should fit right in.
Glad I didn't have food in my mouth when I read your comment....they should move there.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:09 AM

10,489 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
My boyfriend is a Haitian American, and most of his family is here from Haiti. I asked him once a while back about going there to visit his family there, maybe just take a cruise there for the day, and he was completely against it. Told me there was nothing to see there, it's nothing but filth and corruption, and it's why his family moved to the USA to get away from there.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:14 AM

10,489 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
False dichotomy from conservatives. Either Haiti is a paradise or it is a s***hole.

I have not heard a single liberal say Haiti is a paradise. Conservative strawman.

Arkansas is the 2nd poorest state in the country and Mississippi is the poorest. Is it fair to ask the question are these two states paradises or s***holes?
Eh, well, in Haiti, it's not uncommon to see 10 year old girls, naked, with flies buzzing around their private parts, run up to white male tourists and trying to prostitute themselves......

Old 01-28-2018, 10:21 AM

5,112 posts, read 2,054,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Loved his photos from the Wahoo Bay Beach Resort, sadly the average Haitian couldn't even get in there.
I already mentionned it in another thread but I couldn't resist to mention again, some folks had fun to photoshop some photos of Conan in Haiti and post it on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Yagibss/status/9...066176/photo/1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies