Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 11:43 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
If only it was this simple.

The problem with your solution is that the bulk of serious HC costs are in the public option. The little and easy stuff covered by private entities is relatively meager. And as the public option covers the big stuff, more patients will wait until the biggie hits.

Then there will be 10 years in the making as to what is 'routine' or 'life saving'.

Is a Q 3mo office visit for a diabetic patient routine?

Is a gall bladder operation 'life saving'?

This solution might certainly be in the right direction, but its effect not large enough to change our HC conundrum.

Never said I had all the answers......

But hey, if an ex stoner, college dropout like me can come up with something like that off the top of my head......

Why can't your elected representatives in Washington do better than that pile of steaming horse crap that is Obamacare?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 11:50 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,477,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Never said I had all the answers......

But hey, if an ex stoner, college dropout like me can come up with something like that off the top of my head......

Why can't your elected representatives in Washington do better than that pile of steaming horse crap that is Obamacare?
Obamacare is good for the poor, those older and with pre-exisitng. Just too expensive for the broad middle class.

If I were king I would rebate 1/3 of OOP HC expenses to the middle class at year end. If they towed their medical line and did not overuse HC resources.

Old 01-30-2018, 12:45 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Obamacare is good for the poor, those older and with pre-exisitng. Just too expensive for the broad middle class.

If I were king I would rebate 1/3 of OOP HC expenses to the middle class at year end. If they towed their medical line and did not overuse HC resources.

What good is a rebate if you can't afford the deductible?

If you can't afford a 6k-10k deductible or more....EVERY YEAR then you really may as well not have insurance at all.

Because you're being forced to pay for a service that is too expensive to actually use .

This is what Obamacare did to millions of people.

And saying that "millions were covered" is misleading at best, because now, millions more who are "covered" don't go to the doctors when they should.

Old 01-30-2018, 12:51 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
because giving people options is bad, I get it.

The thing didnt function to start with(this is where I expect you to come back with blah blah x # million more covered blah blah rates were still increasing), but now you arent FORCED to buy if you dont want it
I assume the tape is to keep the rest of the sentence from coming out?

It's only bad when someone wants to make their own end of life decisions.
It's only bad when a woman wants to make medical decisions for her own body or pregnancy
It's only bad when homosexuals want to engage in acts..

Yep, you are actually right. If we are going to build it on Republican concepts, we have to include all of them, like hate, bigotry and sexism.

Remove the tape.

Old 01-30-2018, 01:04 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:

If you can't afford a 6k-10k deductible or more....EVERY YEAR then you really may as well not have insurance at all.

Because you're being forced to pay for a service that is too expensive to actually use .

And saying that "millions were covered" is misleading at best, because now, millions more who are "covered" don't go to the doctors when they should.
Come on you don't really believe that Obamacare is the reason for the enormous deductibles? There is one simple reason and that is the GREED of the Corporate Health Care machine. Without Obamacare your deductible might very well be $20K a year. Because in case you have not sorted this out yet there IS NO LIMIT to how hard they are going to squeeze us for every last penny in our pockets. Because they CAN, because health care is NOT on open marketplace like buying a car or a refrigerator. It's called inflexible demand and if you don't understand what that means, that is exactly why this situation will never get better. And exactly why you will die without a dollar in your bank account.

Old 01-30-2018, 01:14 PM

3,840 posts, read 3,069,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
What is Trumpcare?

sounds like theres some major misadvertisement going on here...there is no policy named Trumpcare

I'm wondering the same thing. Did the lunatics on the left re-name 0care to Trumpcare?

Old 01-30-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:

I didn't say free, I said 1/3 off.

At least for the middle class Obamacare works when the sht hits the fan. You get taken care of, and might get billed for copays and deductibles.

Old 01-30-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Come on you don't really believe that Obamacare is the reason for the enormous deductibles? There is one simple reason and that is the GREED of the Corporate Health Care machine. Without Obamacare your deductible might very well be $20K a year. Because in case you have not sorted this out yet there IS NO LIMIT to how hard they are going to squeeze us for every last penny in our pockets. Because they CAN, because health care is NOT on open marketplace like buying a car or a refrigerator. It's called inflexible demand and if you don't understand what that means, that is exactly why this situation will never get better. And exactly why you will die without a dollar in your bank account.
Before Obamacare we paid $17K a year for high deductible major medical. We saved a lot going with a group/Obamacare.

Old 01-30-2018, 01:40 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,494,901 times
The tRumpCare plan is the JDA ...Just Die Already! Your costs may vary by locale.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:22 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Japan also has no love of Christians, so quit pretending their culture is singularly maintained by keep "the dirty Muslims" out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...hurch_in_Japan

Even without right-wing religious nuts (Christian, Muslim, etc.) they STILL are able to produce domestic terrorists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_subway_sarin_attack

So, let us stop pretending that xenophobia is the solution to all our problems.
" so quit pretending their culture is singularly maintained by keep "the dirty Muslims" out."

Quit making things that I did NOT say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies