Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2018, 05:52 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,714,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Three million fewer people have health coverage so far since Trump took office.
Still not as many as lost coverage when Obamacare started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 05:54 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
lmao ....finally liberals admitting Obamacare was an abject failure ....so bad they are calling it something else.

sorry, it doesn't work that way, it's your healthcare plan, not one Republican voted for it. it's a pathetic failure

lol
WRONG. What Trump and the GOP have done to Obamacare has resulted in millions losing health coverage. They own the mess they are creating. What is left is not what was originally passed and everyone knows that. Trump said on the campaign trail that he would give everyone health coverage - better coverage - and the government would pay for it. TRUMP LIED.

Old 01-30-2018, 05:58 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
No, he's not wrong. He's spot on. Everything that has happened under Obamacare was predicted, from increases in premiums to increases in deductibles. This has been going on since it's passage. It isn't something that's just occurred since President Trump took office.

Old 01-30-2018, 05:58 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,122,800 times
Quote:
WRONG. What Trump and the GOP have done to Obamacare has resulted in millions losing health coverage. They own the mess they are creating. What is left is not what was originally passed and everyone knows that. Trump said on the campaign trail that he would give everyone health coverage - better coverage - and the government would pay for it. TRUMP LIED.
The "mess" was created by your boy Obama. It will take tears to straighten it out.

If I were you I'd find a job and pay your own bills. Prepare.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:02 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
I've had to pay for my own insurance for the last 25 years. It used to go up 4-6% a year but since 2011 and Obamacare going into effect it has probably averaged 25% a year.

So a 25-30% increase is the norm since Ocare was passed. I'd be surprised if it was anything less.

Last edited by Rakin; 01-30-2018 at 06:38 AM..

Old 01-30-2018, 06:03 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
The "mess" was created by your boy Obama. It will take tears to straighten it out.

If I were you I'd find a job and pay your own bills. Prepare.
I have health coverage. I lost the Cadillac plan with Obamacare but felt it was worth it if everyone got health coverage. TRUMP LIED to the country, said everyone would get health coverage - better coverage - and the government would pay for it. TRUMP LIED LIED LIED. Millions have lost their health coverage in the year since Trump took office and millions more will lose their health coverage due to Trump. It's amazing that evangelicals cheer Trump on as millions of sick people lose their health coverage.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:09 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,801 times
Quote:
I have health coverage. I lost the Cadillac plan with Obamacare but felt it was worth it if everyone got health coverage. TRUMP LIED to the country, said everyone would get health coverage - better coverage - and the government would pay for it. TRUMP LIED LIED LIED. Millions have lost their health coverage in the year since Trump took office and millions more will lose their health coverage due to Trump. It's amazing that evangelicals cheer Trump on as millions of sick people lose their health coverage.

you all forget one basic thing, ACA was signed into law by a President -not- named Trump and with 0 GOP support. This is Obamas mess.

I lost my individual plan due to ACA an was forced to buy a more expensive plan on the exchange because if I didnt Id be forced to pay a Nazi-like ransom. good job on Trump for removing the Nazi mandate.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:13 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The first projections for Trumpcare 2019 are in: Expect rate increases of up to 30%

Looks like he has a great healthcare plan. Actually the interesting thing thats pointed out is that this will impact those making 4X the poverty limit, as the subsidies will shelter the poorer folks.

2019 will be the first time we see the impacts of the war on the ACA. Will it really be 30% as the study estimates? Barring some changes I can see that occurring.
Sounds very Obama-Like, to me.

No politician is going to be able to fix this mess.

Don't you people get it????

Old 01-30-2018, 06:16 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It is so great not to be forced to have health insurance. I don't know about you, but I really value my right to go bankrupt if I get seriously ill!
And thus dump your costs onto the hospital involved and thus driving up costs for everyone else!

I LIKE IT!

Old 01-30-2018, 06:35 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,122,800 times
Quote:
This gets more bizarre with each response. Our government isn't in the business to provide socialized health care as a birthright like some of your favorite countries.

Get that through your thick skull. Healthcare is a commodity that costs money. It is your responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies