Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 11:17 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Mueller and Comey are not "best buddies" at all according to those closest to them. I think there is mutual respect, which I would hope to be the case.

The reason we bring up the fact that Mueller is a Republican is because the right talks about his bias all the time. There was pretty universal praise when he was appointed, but now that things are getting hotter some on the right are trashing him. It's absolutely disgusting. The man served our country for decades as a soldier in Vietnam, a US attorney, and FBI Director. And the right is willing to thrown him under the bus for a self-serving pu$$y grabber. They should be ashamed of themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2018, 11:18 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,917,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Mueller is best buddies with Comey and his ex FBI top and hired only Democrats that backed Hillary and gave money for her election campaign!

All of a sudden, the left wing propaganda media is constantly mentioning that Mueller is a Republican!

Russian collusion couldn't be found but wrong doing and collusion at FBI, DNC and Clinton Foundation seems to be where the investigation will lead too.

Democrats already have started the blame game by saying Mueller is a Republican.
I think you misunderstand why people bring up the fact that he is a Republican. It's pretty simple: this fact is brought up because Mueller is consistently called a Democrat... When he is not.

Easy, right?

Old 01-28-2018, 11:20 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Mueller's a Bush establishment Republican and those guys hate Trump possibly more than the Democrats do and the fact that he only hired Trump haters showed his hand. Now if they actually did find something on Trump, no Trump supporter is going to believe Mueller's merry band of Trump haters.
You seem to have a problem with facts.

With the bolded, I don't think anyone is surprised.

Old 01-28-2018, 11:21 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,632,022 times
To remove mueller now is going to create a real problem for your leader Trump. Let their investigation continue without involvement by the radical right wing. What’s to be worried about unless your afraid the moron is guilty. From all the signs he is. Let’s just hope justice is served...

Old 01-28-2018, 11:42 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Of course not....

But Mueller not only had a vast majority of democrats -- not one republican -- they were highly partisan democrats who showed him they were willing to act to destroy a president they didn't agree politically with.
And Mueller hasn't fired any of them.....

Who hired Mueller? Um that would be Rosenstein. The deputy Ag was appointed by Trump and is a Republican. Nice try but your lack of knowledge is embarrassing.

Old 01-28-2018, 01:07 PM

10,782 posts, read 4,353,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Mueller and Comey are not "best buddies" at all according to those closest to them. I think there is mutual respect, which I would hope to be the case.

The reason we bring up the fact that Mueller is a Republican is because the right talks about his bias all the time. There was pretty universal praise when he was appointed, but now that things are getting hotter some on the right are trashing him. It's absolutely disgusting. The man served our country for decades as a soldier in Vietnam, a US attorney, and FBI Director. And the right is willing to thrown him under the bus for a self-serving pu$$y grabber. They should be ashamed of themselves.
I'm pretty sure most Republican swamp creatures don't like Trump.
He regularly didn't have the support of his party in 2016.
So it would come as no surprise if a Republican FBI guy was anti-Trump.
A lot of the most traditional Republicans surely hate Trump.
And it doesn't get much more traditional than Mueller.
Oh he served in Vietnam? That means there is no chance of him hating Trump?
And he's a US attorney? You trust all those guys?

Old 01-28-2018, 01:33 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
I'm pretty sure most Republican swamp creatures don't like Trump.
He regularly didn't have the support of his party in 2016.
So it would come as no surprise if a Republican FBI guy was anti-Trump.
A lot of the most traditional Republicans surely hate Trump.
And it doesn't get much more traditional than Mueller.
Oh he served in Vietnam? That means there is no chance of him hating Trump?
And he's a US attorney? You trust all those guys?
Mueller is the one who brought down the Gotti and Gambino families. I trust him far more than any of the GOP.

Old 01-28-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Mueller is the one who brought down the Gotti and Gambino families. I trust him far more than any of the GOP.
I'd like to trust him, but I've never worked with him or any of the GOP either, so its not easy to assess.

Old 01-28-2018, 01:41 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,700,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I think you misunderstand why people bring up the fact that he is a Republican. It's pretty simple: this fact is brought up because Mueller is consistently called a Democrat... When he is not.

Easy, right?

I don't know where Trump supporters get some of their ideas. The notion we "hate that Mueller is a Republican" could not be further from the truth. I don't care if he is R or D or Independent, he is a smart man with a lot of integrity, and the right man to do this job.

If anything, the GOP should fear him being one of them.

Old 01-28-2018, 01:45 PM

If we're talking about party bias, there is a greater chance of someone being harder on their own party than letting them off the hook.
Nobody wants to be accused of favoring their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies