Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 08:08 PM

62,885 posts, read 29,114,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
So the length of an actual wall is shrinking. Now in some places nothing to be done, then fencing for 700 miles already existing and parts of whats left gets a wall. Why? Makes no sense.

This entire proposal is a boondoggle waiting. A joke. Money to be for some had though.

The 700 mile long wall along the most porous areas of our border was already approved by congress back in 2006 and that's all that needs to be completed. Currently only 76 miles of the good wall have been erected. There are natural barriers to illegal entry on most of the rest. Fewer will try at these more difficult and dangerous areas and fewer will succeed and the Border Patrol can handle those areas. So yes that does make sense and isn't a boondoggle. I'm tired of trying to educate you and your fellow anti-wall people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 11:14 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,815,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The 700 mile long wall along the most porous areas of our border was already approved by congress back in 2006 and that's all that needs to be completed. Currently only 76 miles of the good wall have been erected. There are natural barriers to illegal entry on most of the rest. Fewer will try at these more difficult and dangerous areas and fewer will succeed and the Border Patrol can handle those areas. So yes that does make sense and isn't a boondoggle. I'm tired of trying to educate you and your fellow anti-wall people.
Not what I read., About 650-700 mile of fencing already exists. Plus some parts with bad terrain, nothing else needed. Leaving the remainder ......

Old 01-31-2018, 11:17 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,815,358 times
So, part fencing (which obviously defeats the purpose of a wall), part nothing, and then parts of a new wall (with visible spaces in between).

Boondoggle. Money to be made, money to be had, by a select few.

Last edited by Weichert; 01-31-2018 at 11:27 PM..

Old 01-31-2018, 11:33 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,492,992 times
Quote:
I am tired of you changing Trumps own words. They are on record. Trump literally said an 80 foot wall across the entire border.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Not what I read., About 650-700 mile of fencing already exists. Plus some parts with bad terrain, nothing else needed. Leaving the remainder ......

It's only fencing and is not working. We are talking about a 700 mile long double wall along only the most porous areas of our border. Only 76 miles of this type of wall exist right now.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
I am tired of you changing Trumps own words. They are on record. Trump literally said an 80 foot wall across the entire border.

He has since realized that all we need are the 700 miles of wall along the most porous areas of our border already approved by congress. I'm not changing his words I am telling you that he changed his mind!

Old 02-01-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
So, part fencing (which obviously defeats the purpose of a wall), part nothing, and then parts of a new wall (with visible spaces in between).

Boondoggle. Money to be made, money to be had, by a select few.

Why don't you just give it up and admit you have an agenda to keep the border unsecured. You keep making the same old arguments over and over even though they have been debunked. Go boondoggle someone else with your BS!

Old 02-01-2018, 08:39 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,901,981 times
Quote:
He has since realized that all we need are the 700 miles of wall along the most porous areas of our border already approved by congress. I'm not changing his words I am telling you that he changed his mind!
If that is true, why has the price gone UP...from 18 Billion to 25 Billion??

Old 02-01-2018, 08:48 AM

52,706 posts, read 34,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I like it just fine. Like I said, if Fox is against the wall, then the wall is a good thing since his interests are those of Mexico, not the U.S. Think about that for a moment
exactly.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:53 AM

25,841 posts, read 16,519,439 times
I seriously believe we should trade California to Mexico for a wall then they will pay for it like the President said and we would be rid of a lot of traitors. Look how PC that would be. Mexico getting back Land the evil white man stole and the Hollywood idiots that hate this country could be Mexican citizens and above all of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies