Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 05:16 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,944,112 times

Advertisements

I thought rich powerful men had women fighting over them, so why are so many of them getting caught sexually harassing women? Do they really have trouble getting good looking women? Is it just for the ego?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2018, 05:20 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
It's a position of power for them. They think of themselves as God's gift to women, and just want to spread the wealth. To them, it's not harassing. It's bestowing blessings.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:20 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I thought rich powerful men had women fighting over them, so why are so many of them getting caught sexually harassing women? Do they really have trouble getting good looking women? Is it just for the ego?
Because its about power. Weinstein had enough money, he just enjoyed abusing the power that his position gave him.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:24 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Same reason some not so rich powerful men sexually harass women.

While the rich powerful ones get more attention -- there has much dialogue, discussion, conversation about how this behavior is not just a characteristic of the rich and famous.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:24 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Because men naturally want to monopolize all the women and sex and women want to monopolize a rich powerful man. When more of the former happens than the latter it automagically is considered "sexual harassment". So you see sexual harassment is largely about some women wanting more power and control.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:25 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Some people just enjoy bullying other people, and sexual harassment is a form of bullying. If you need constant reinforcement that yes indeed, you da man, harassment works pretty well.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:33 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
It's a power thing. Not in the sense of "bua-hahah, look at me abusing all these poor little women! How delightfully ee-vil I am!" That would be like a sociopathic or psychopathic cartoon character stuff. It's more like "I know this works (most of the time) because I have something they want and they have something I want, so here we go.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:35 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Some people just enjoy bullying other people, and sexual harassment is a form of bullying. If you need constant reinforcement that yes indeed, you da man, harassment works pretty well.
Claiming sexual harassment has become a form of bullying too. It has a "disparate impact" on males and heteros, and that's a no no.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:40 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
Let's not forget that many women cozy up to these men for furthering their careers, later feel guilty then blame the man. It's the "IN" thing to do now....so they all glom on true or not!

AS far as these celebrities go...saying they were afraid for their career so they went along with it shouldn't count because in the moment they went along with it they CHOSE to make that trade. Unlike all the women that Bill Clinton raped and molested against their will...who have had their lives destroyed for resisting and reporting the assaults.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:44 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Claiming sexual harassment has become a form of bullying too. It has a "disparate impact" on males and heteros, and that's a no no.
Yes, some women like to bully men. Doesn't make it OK for men to bully women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies