Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 08:19 AM

66 posts, read 31,788 times

Advertisements

A corrupt government doesn't care about laws or following them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 08:22 AM

4,512 posts, read 5,057,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Must be a record for spinning of the Nunnes memo contents. I practiced law for 50 years. If an attorney submits a pleading (say a request for a warrant), he must sign a statement that the contents that he is presenting to the court are true and correct. Any adverse information must be disclosed, otherwise it's a fraud on the court. For example, if the Steele Dossier was submitted as a part of the evidence submitted to the FISA court and the FBI did not notify the court, that it was prepared at the request of and paid for by the Democratic National Committee, the Hillary Clinton Campaign, and the FBI, then it is a fraud on the court. The doctrine of the fruit of the poison tree may arise in any case involving the FISA warrant or the Steele Dossier if it can be proved that it was obtained wrongfully, or with the intent to deceive.

it's not whether or not the DNC/the HRC Campaign/or the FBI paid for the Steele Dossier or even the Dossier's contents, but the failure of the DOJ/FBi to disclose contextual facts to to the FISA court so it had a fair chance to weigh the evidence in this ex parte proceeding.
You are exactly right ! I'm waiting to see what the judge that issued the warrant is going to say about not being told the true source of the document. It kind of makes him look foolish and I don't think it's going to sit to well. And didn't the FBI/DOJ go back to him 3 times to renew it ? I heard that somewhere but I'm not sure where.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:23 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,502 times
So.. the fact is that the FISA warrant where in place MONTHS before anybody even knew about the Steele Dossier!

The Steele Dossier where mentioned in the 3-4(?) FISA application, which means the FBI where investigating/wiretapping Carter Page for 180-270 days, before anybody knew about the Steele Dossier.

Go back to law school..

Old 02-03-2018, 08:25 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
So.. the fact is that the FISA warrant where in place MONTHS before anybody even knew about the Steele Dossier!

The Steele Dossier where mentioned in the 3-4(?) FISA application, which means the FBI where investigating/wiretapping Carter Page for 180-270 days, before anybody knew about the Steele Dossier.

Go back to law school..
Yeah, this little fact does make one doubt the second sentence of the OP. He may have been a lawyer for 50 years, but it doesn't sound like he was a good one.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:26 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
As an attorney of 50 years, you know there are two sides to every story. You only have one side. When and if the Democratic memo comes out, you will have a more balanced view. I write "if" because the memo must be approved by Trump. There is chance, albeit a small one, that Trump may not approve a release. I would withhold judgement if I were you until all sides are heard.
What's the other side?

Do you expect the Democrat rebuttal to the Nunes memo will indicate that the FISA court was on four separate occasions informed that the Steele dossier was produced by Russians and paid for by the DNC and Hillary Clinton campaign?

Do you think they knew that and still approved the warrants?

Old 02-03-2018, 08:31 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
One of the benefits of the publication of this memo should be to raise the level of scrutiny that these FISA judges give to these FISA warrant applications.

Regardless of what anyone's political perspective is on the release of this memo, I hope we can all at least agree on that point.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:32 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Must be a record for spinning of the Nunnes memo contents. I practiced law for 50 years. If an attorney submits a pleading (say a request for a warrant), he must sign a statement that the contents that he is presenting to the court are true and correct. Any adverse information must be disclosed, otherwise it's a fraud on the court. For example, if the Steele Dossier was submitted as a part of the evidence submitted to the FISA court and the FBI did not notify the court, that it was prepared at the request of and paid for by the Democratic National Committee, the Hillary Clinton Campaign, and the FBI, then it is a fraud on the court. The doctrine of the fruit of the poison tree may arise in any case involving the FISA warrant or the Steele Dossier if it can be proved that it was obtained wrongfully, or with the intent to deceive.

it's not whether or not the DNC/the HRC Campaign/or the FBI paid for the Steele Dossier or even the Dossier's contents, but the failure of the DOJ/FBi to disclose contextual facts to to the FISA court so it had a fair chance to weigh the evidence in this ex parte proceeding.

FISA used to violate the 4th Amendment of Americans. Not foreigners.
Page just opened the door.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...rth-amendment/

It branched out to include over 30,000 Americans when it was all said and done.
Susan Rice caught red-handed with the spreadsheets of the entire Trump campaign and even after he was elected, up to inauguration day and then some.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:36 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,847,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
You are exactly right ! I'm waiting to see what the judge that issued the warrant is going to say about not being told the true source of the document. It kind of makes him look foolish and I don't think it's going to sit to well. And didn't the FBI/DOJ go back to him 3 times to renew it ? I heard that somewhere but I'm not sure where.
Well if you read the Nunes memo then you can see that it was renewed twice during the Trump administration, including being signed off on by Trump appointed officials.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:37 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,794,600 times
Yea, the exculpatory evidence is considered just as important. If the judge had known it was oppo research by the Clinton camp and the news article was circular reporting there's no chance in hell he would have approved it.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:38 AM

66 posts, read 31,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post

Go back to law school..
From what I've read....

Steele contacted the FBI in July 2016 and gave them his dossier information.
That FISA warrant got issued in the fall of 2016.

Looks to me like damning evidence that the dossier was in the hands of the FBI before the FISA warrant got issued.

WE didn't find out about this dossier until well after the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies