Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 10:11 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,603,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I loved when they are outraged, once again, that Trump met with the "scantily-clad" cheerleaders. What other kinds of cheerleaders are there?
If the MeToo crowd had their way, they'd be wearing burkas.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:18 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,281,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Yeah Trump makes me long for George Bush, something I never thought would happen. As stupid as Bush was, he wasn't crazy and I could sleep easily at night with him at the helm. Not so with Trump. We are truly in uncharted territory as a nation.

the same W Bush that got us into a war in Iraq for no valid reason that killed and wounded many Americans and Iraqi civilians. The same A-hole that wanted to put Harriet Miers in the S.C..the same genius that gave the DEEP State unlimited powers with the Patriot Act.

The same President who was for open borders, amnesty and more of the same trade deals that have screwed the middle class of this country?

W Bush made 8 years of Oba possible by his failures in foreign and domestic policies but Trump is the crazy one?.....lol

Bush is the reason Trump got elected and I'm glad he won. We couldn't afford another Bush or Hillary in the W.H.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:36 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,655,756 times
Meh, Certain people flock to certain threads. Make an outlandish or exaggerated claim in a title and the apologists come running. I stay off main stream TV stations and cable news. I have quite a few articles in my feed on the web. I understand that many are in fact "opinion" with or without a label. I take what I read with grain of salt. Beware of words like probably, "could lead to", possibly, not yet confirmed (is a favorite). I prefer facts when I can get them. This forum thrives as an outlet for opinion. The verbal jousting is entertaining at times. Careful with your words as they will come up again at a later date, a point you need to make will not have any weight.

If Trump has done anything he has inflamed the establishment. I love to see the old guard frustrated and flabbergasted. Time for some new faces that do not have to rely on cronyism to feel confident in their position.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:50 PM

177 posts, read 108,240 times
This forum definitely leans right. Look at the thread titles. I miss the days when one could have a real discussion here, without the name-calling.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:10 PM

31,077 posts, read 22,122,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Really? This forum has basically turned into a Trump love-fest. Try saying something bad about Trump and most of the thread will be Trump supporters piling onto whoever dared criticize Dear Leader. There aren't very many "trump haters" left here.
Most have switched to Trump Lovers What's that hash tag "LOVE TRUMP, DON'T HATE"

Old 02-05-2018, 11:13 PM

31,077 posts, read 22,122,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
the same W Bush that got us into a war in Iraq for no valid reason that killed and wounded many Americans and Iraqi civilians. The same A-hole that wanted to put Harriet Miers in the S.C..the same genius that gave the DEEP State unlimited powers with the Patriot Act.

The same President who was for open borders, amnesty and more of the same trade deals that have screwed the middle class of this country?

W Bush made 8 years of Oba possible by his failures in foreign and domestic policies but Trump is the crazy one?.....lol

Bush is the reason Trump got elected and I'm glad he won. We couldn't afford another Bush or Hillary in the W.H.
Well GW did have the support of just about everyone except Obama and the crazy old man, so Obama had to destroy Libya and Syria just to catch up to GW

Old 02-05-2018, 11:39 PM

29,601 posts, read 16,577,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
After almost a year of talking collusion the liberal propaganda media switched to obstruction and today after not mentioned the gains on the stock market aside from reporting what the Dow ended the day with, propaganda media had a field trip with the stock market crash as they called it.

Right away obstruction was dropped...propaganda media had their new topic!
The Dow's record High before the Obama administration was 14,164

So from March 5th, 2013(the day they beat the previous record) to November 8, 2016 , The Dow Jones had 122 record days.

I dont remember the News ever making a giant fuss about it. Why should they do it for Pres. Trump ?

https://www.thebalance.com/dow-jones...e-1929-3306174

Old 02-05-2018, 11:58 PM

24,512 posts, read 33,339,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Oh, yeah... I remember that one. It was the second from the last Republican depression. It began in 1980 and didn't end until 1992.
There was no "Republican depression" in the 1980s.
There was a recession from July, 1981 to Nov., 1982. There was no "1980-1992" recession. Where did you get that from? On the contrary, the economy was doing very well in the mid-'80s to 1990. Strong GDP growth and low inflation and unemployment.

Quote:
The one that followed in the 21st century was worse, though. Probably because the Republicans are getting worse at electing stupid Presidents. It makes me wonder how low the Trump depression will fall to, after so many years of rising prosperity.
What Trump depression?

Is this "make wildly inaccurate posts day?"

Old 02-05-2018, 11:58 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,408,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
After almost a year of talking collusion the liberal propaganda media switched to obstruction and today after not mentioned the gains on the stock market aside from reporting what the Dow ended the day with, propaganda media had a field trip with the stock market crash as they called it.

Right away obstruction was dropped...propaganda media had their new topic!

The Dow is down 8.5% from its peak.

December 8th, 2017 was the last time it was this low...OH THE HORROR !!!

Nevermind that it's still up 21.4% from one year ago.

It took the Obama Dow 3 years, 6 months and 10 days to grow 21.4% (4-26-2013 to 11-6-2016).

Last edited by momonkey; 02-06-2018 at 12:16 AM..

Old 02-06-2018, 12:36 AM

9,174 posts, read 13,268,294 times
Default This forum has turned into MSNBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I cut the cable a few months ago because there was nothing to learn from the likes of CNN and MSNBC. Both had turned into a nonstop Trump bashing machine. So I click on this forum and what do I see? Half dozen threads about the stock market "crash." This is Joe Scarborough territory. Hapless people who had been waiting around for a day like this, just couldn't resist jumping on the board and pleasuring themselves. Scanning other threads, they aren't much better. One is beating himself over the head because Trump met some cheerleaders or was clapping for himself. This is passing as controversy.
Actually I think both Democrats/Liberals and Republicans/Conservatives are well represented here on this forum. However, I will say that the Trump bashing has gotten to the point of being ridiculous and probably becoming counterproductive.

Btw the way you can complain about MSNBC and the way it treats Trump but I seem to remember the way that FOX treated Obama or Clinton. Not a pretty picture either.

I no longer watch CNN so I do not care what they think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies