Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 12:36 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,527,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I believe the OP is trying to say that Mr. Page has 'updated' his defamation suits against Yahoo and the Huffington Post, citing the Nunes memo:

Carter Page to update his lawsuits against the press after Nunes memo release

The article notes that the original defamation suit was 400 pages long. Dazzle them with BS, as the saying is.

I hope that Mr. Page is being counseled adequately. Recall that in defamation suits the plaintiff's 'reputation' is a primary issue. Mr. Page will be subjected to numerous depositions investigating his reputation. There have been many defamation lawsuits in which the jury concludes that 1) the defendant libeled or slandered the plaintiff, but 2) the plaintiff's reputation is so poor that damages would only be $1.00.

As for the defamation part, Mr. Page will probably be ruled (by the trial judge) as being a 'public figure', meaning that the bar for proving that he was defamed is set higher ('actual malice' or 'reckless disregard for the truth'). Also, of course, 'truth is a defense'.
Carter Page manages to be dumber than the average forum poster, which is a special kind of achievement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What's the charge?
Hint: it's called the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. Page was linking up with foreign (Russian) spies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 12:38 PM

89,291 posts, read 45,013,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
Hint: it's called the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. Page was linking up with foreign (Russian) spies.
Linking up, how? What's the charge against Page?

Old 02-06-2018, 12:47 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,417,441 times
Quote:
Linking up, how? What's the charge against Page?
Apparently you are unaware.....heres the transcript of a bug on some Russian spies who were trying to flip americans...

The FBI intercepts record:
Quote:
PODOBNYY: [Male-1] wrote that he is sorry, he went to Moscow and forgot to check his inbox, but he wants to meet when he gets back. I think he is an idiot and forgot who I am. Plus he writes to me in Russian [to] practise the language. He flies to Moscow more often than I do. He got hooked on [the Russian state energy company] Gazprom, thinking that if they have a project, he could rise up. Maybe he can. I don’t know, but it’s obvious he wants to earn loads of money.

Male-1....is Page BTW.

As for charges...there don't have to be charges for someone to earn a FISA warrant.

Old 02-06-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Apparently you are unaware.....heres the transcript of a bug on some Russian spies who were trying to flip americans...

The FBI intercepts record:

Male-1....is Page BTW.

As for charges...there don't have to be charges for someone to earn a FISA warrant.
So... The FBI used a dossier paid for by the DNC and loaded with fabrications to get a warrant to spy on Page, and he still hasn't been charged with any crimes?

The optics of that aren't good.

Old 02-06-2018, 12:56 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,417,441 times
Quote:
So... The FBI used a dossier paid for by the DNC and loaded with fabrications to spy on Page, and he still hasn't been charged with any crimes?

The optics of that aren't good.
That quote I provided isn't from the dossier. Its from a investigation of Russian spies long before the dossier.

And the dossier was listed, but its highly unlikely it was the only reason given, especially given the quote I provided above. IE Page was already on the radar of the FBI for his involvement with a Russian spy ring!

It was stated that the dossier came from a political source. The bias of it of course would be obvious. But more importantly the FISA warrant was renewed several times, each renewal requiring evidence that intelligence of value was being found! Including under the Trump administration!

As for being charged-a FISA warrant does not require anyone to be charged. Why do you keep trying to imply that is relevant?

Old 02-06-2018, 01:02 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,402,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Too bad for Page he'll have to not only prove what was reported about him was false, but it was done with malice or a reckless disregard for the truth.
He wasn't a public figure, so no he won't have to prove that. Although it would be pretty damn easy to prove.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:15 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,033,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....efamation/amp/

I bet that Carter Page rightfully, will make a lot of money after the wrong doing by Yahoo, Steele, Fushion GPS, FBI, etc.

Most likely there will be a lot of settlements to prevent these companies to be exposed for the enormous amount of garbage they were able to sell as facts!

Obamagate will take a lot of players down!
Won't go anywhere.

As part of a defamation suit, Yahoo will be allowed to ask for essentially access to a bunch of his emails and private records.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I saw him on the Ingraham Angle tonight. Felt sorry for the guy. Hardly Dr. Evil. See if anyone posts it later on youtube.
Of course he's not evil. He is a moron though. The transcript from the conversation of the Russian on Carter shows that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
The malfeasance by the Obama administration in trying to rig the election makes Watergate look like toddler play.
What malfeasance? Every time something gets "released" it gets shot down a few days later. The Nunes memo is dead already.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:23 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,402,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
What malfeasance? Every time something gets "released" it gets shot down a few days later. The Nunes memo is dead already.
Pay attention. You will find out you couldn't have been more wrong.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
That quote I provided isn't from the dossier. Its from a investigation of Russian spies long before the dossier.
That just begs the question... Why use a fabricated dossier as evidence in FISA Court? Just use only factual evidence.

And after all this mayhem... turns out Page never even committed any crimes. No charges. Whatsoever.

The optics of that are incredibly bad.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:33 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,033,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Pay attention. You will find out you couldn't have been more wrong.

Quote:
Republican leaders are acknowledging that the FBI disclosed the political origins of a private dossier the bureau cited in an application to surveil former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page, undermining a controversial GOP memo released Friday and fueling Democratic demands to declassify more information about the bureau’s actions.
The whole basis for the memo was destroyed. It's irrelevant now.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies