Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump's military parade: yes or no?
Yes. 37 16.37%
No, 170 75.22%
Don't care. 19 8.41%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 06:38 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Trump is definitely following a LOT of the Hitler playbook. But he is too dumb to make it really happen.

But, my - this guy knows how to spend money. Upping the Deficit and National Debt at a time when money is coming into the Treasury big time...that takes talent. Now he wants to waste money on parades so he can brag to Rocket Man?

Trump needs to be tied to a chair with his eyelids pried open and shown hours of footage of American boys being turned into hamburger in Vietnam and elsewhere. Maybe there is speck...just a speck...of something close to being human somewhere in his overweight body and scheming brain.
Alas, he'd just order a bunch of Big Macs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 06:39 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,096 times
How long will it be before trump starts sporting epaulettes?

Old 02-06-2018, 06:39 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,549 times
Meanwhile many of our vets are still homeless on the streets

But millions of dollars for a parade makes a good show

Old 02-06-2018, 06:41 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Have a tank parade in every sanctuary city.

Old 02-06-2018, 06:44 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Great Idea. The military parade in France was awesome.
So you think it's a good idea for this country to spend money they don't have that could be used to help those who really need it just to feed this maniac's ego? Really? This country is in worse shape than I thought. What would you have said had Obama wanted that?

Old 02-06-2018, 06:45 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
cool.
He doesn't deserve a parade for his bone spurred self.

Old 02-06-2018, 06:53 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I thought the USA had grown up & realized it didn't have to do that kind of grand standing -- guess not.

Wonder how much a parade costs -- remember you conservatives love those crumbs - wouldn't the crumbs a parade would cost be better spent...on....maybe....the VETS....lol.

And yes the irony of a President who made sure he didn't even have to take a desk job in the military wanting to brag about the American military

He wants us to think it is HIS military -- it isn't -- it is OUR military.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Oy vey

In whole it is really scary for humankind how easy it is to write a fake article with no facts and no links to witness', and some humans run with it.
Truly scary to be walking the earth with them.
The article that the OP linked is written without cites. A very poor written article.
With being written so unproffesionaly, people have a right to question it.

If this is true that our President Trump is looking into this, then I owe those an apology on here.
The way the article is written I still do not believe it.
When and if Trump says it himself, I will then believe it.

Last edited by Atalanta; 02-06-2018 at 07:11 PM..

Old 02-06-2018, 06:58 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,799 times
Quote:
The article that the OP linked is written without cites. A very poor written article.

If this is true that our President Trump is looking into this, then I owe those an apology on here.

I
Quote:
The White House confirmed on Tuesday that President Donald Trump has asked the Pentagon to explore the possibility of holding a military parade.
“President Trump is incredibly supportive of America’s great service members who risk their lives every day to keep our country safe,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement. “He has asked the Department of Defense to explore a celebration at which all Americans can show their appreciation.”
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-parade-395933

EDIT:

Quote:
A Pentagon spokesman, Charlie Summers, says Pentagon officials are aware of the request and are "looking at options."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/06...ry-parade.html

Old 02-06-2018, 06:59 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:

I
I do not ordinarily read The Washington Times, but I thought perhaps, as a direct competitor to WaPo, it might be a source that would satisfy you.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...litary-parade/

If this is not sufficient, just Google "Trump military parade." There is news about this everywhere.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:01 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
BUT we now have confirmation the Pentagon has been asked about dates.

So there is a plan for a military parade.

And no they wouldn't be looking at dates if it was going to be July 4th...even I can figure that one out.
No, not on July 4th. There is already a big event scheduled on the mall every year. I've been to several of them over the years but not recently. Just too crowded.

And the other thing is that during summer months (especially July) DC is like an oven. Very, very hot. Not a good time to have a military parade and be riding around in tanks which are hot (even though some latest versions may have some kind of A/C) and uncomfortable (I've ridden in them). Also, they are heavy enough (60+ tons) that they might crunch up the pavement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies