Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump's military parade: yes or no?
Yes. 37 16.37%
No, 170 75.22%
Don't care. 19 8.41%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 08:35 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I didn't reference Hitler in my original question. I added it ti THIS post. WTH is wrong with referencing Hitler? He should be compared to Adolph! I wasn't around then but I know how he came to power! HISTORY Channel is your friend
There's an entire thread about that and, no, it's not.

TV shows are NEVER your best friends when it comes to history; try books.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 08:35 AM

1,991 posts, read 900,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It's ok for France or Japan or Poland or many other countries besides North Korea and Russia to have military parades but it's somehow wrong if US does it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlGb0Z1v-bE
Yes. Now you are finally getting it.

Old 02-07-2018, 08:36 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
I didn't reference Hitler in my original question. I added it ti THIS post. WTH is wrong with referencing Hitler? He should be compared to Adolph! I wasn't around then but I know how he came to power! HISTORY Channel is your friend.
No one is going to take you seriously, it's just more TDS.

6,300 posts, read 4,197,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so what is wrong with showing some pride in our country? would you say the same thing if obama wanted a military parade?

yes, would say the same. As a mother of a veteran I am absolutely opposed to it, the money should be used to support veterans and children who have lost a parent serving their country. Pride in our veterans and our military starts with honoring their service by supporting them where it counts.

Plus we already have a day of a activities and parades to HONOR our veterans
https://www.military.com/veterans-day/events.html

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It's ok for France or Japan or Poland or many other countries besides North Korea and Russia to have military parades but it's somehow wrong if US does it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlGb0Z1v-bE
The United States doesn't need to do that crap because we have the mightiest military in the world. You know what France, Japan, and Poland all have in common? They lose wars.

3,594 posts, read 1,793,885 times
Trump's positions are polar opposite of that of dictators lowering taxes/regulations, private gun ownership, free speech, government decentralization. Stop with the non-sense.

Old 02-07-2018, 08:37 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Found a reasonable source.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-a...ade-1517975085

interpret it for yourself.

I see it as more of an ego feed than a threat. Just more signs he is imbalanced but I dont believe the Hitler comparisons.

Old 02-07-2018, 08:37 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,930 times
We should just have McDonalds cater an event at the White House. Trump can invite anyone he wants and they can watch Triumph of the Will. Lots of military parades and everyone claps and cheers for the Fuhrer. Not a single non-white face appears in the movie. Should be just the thing for Trump and his very fine Neo Nazi cult. Setup a camera so Trump's cult members can stream the event live in every trailer park in America.

Trump should get a uniform and a new snazzy title just like Idi Amin. Why be President when you can be:

His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal, Doctor, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul6uvAwuLIg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHs2...ctr=1518019699

Old 02-07-2018, 08:40 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
I put this in an existing thread but everyone is so busy fighting they ignored me so I deleted it.

I heard fourth hand today that Trump wants military parades with forced attendance and if a person refuses, they are branded a traitor! Has anyone else heard this? O M G if this is true. Heil Hitler.
Go ahead make light of the holocaust with the Hitler crap.

Its the best the left can offer when they have no policy.

Old 02-07-2018, 08:45 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Colossal waste of money, disrespectful to the troops to require them to put this on when we've got over 40k veterans homeless.

Use that money to take care of homeless vets.

We don't need a display of military might. The entire world and possibly aliens from other planets are well aware of our military power.

He just wants to use public money for a genitalia-measuring contest with North Korea.

Shameful behavior from a US President, but really, the bar he's set is already quite low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies