Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 11:00 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,426,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Election Day ought to be the day before Tax Day...and you vote on your return...that way nobody can defraud anyone.

Better yet...make it so unless you at least have some tax liability, regardless of whether you actually owe anything....you don't get to vote.
Why don't you go for your real goal? To vote you must be male, white and own land. Blame it on the founding fathers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2018, 11:11 PM

38,652 posts, read 26,462,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Most military members don’t even bother. Their vote doesn’t really influence an election enough to worry about suppressing it.

So please...stop it. SMH

Don't bother?

"In the 2006 election, the U.S. Election Assistance Commission ("EAC") reported that of almost 1 million absentee ballots requested by military and overseas voters, only about a third were ever counted; two thirds of the uncounted ballots were returned by the postal service without reaching the voters who requested them; another 10 percent arrived too late to be counted."

https://www.brennancenter.org/public...-citizens-vote

With that out of the way, the next question becomes, exactly what sort of revolting bag of **** would make light of depriving military personnel serving overseas the well-deserved right to vote?

Old 02-13-2018, 11:35 PM

31,270 posts, read 22,268,814 times
Amazing, many Democrats want to give the vote to Illegal Aliens but don't want our service men and women to vote. Communist Radicals from the 70s have indeed taken over the party

Old 02-13-2018, 11:39 PM

38,652 posts, read 26,462,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Why don't you go for your real goal? To vote you must be male, white and own land. Blame it on the founding fathers.

Don't have to be any of those things to have some skin in the game.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:11 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,374,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
I mean it’s a stark difference between banning people who show up to the polls to vote their right to vote

And restricting ballots through fax and email (that’s not really 100% safe-proof)
There have been hacking stories daily
Because there have been "stories" does not give anyone the right to make sure every vote isn't counted. I don't really care how they do it as long it makes sure they are counted.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:22 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,707,378 times
I'm actually surprised one can vote by fax or email. Doesn't seem secure at all.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:03 AM

45,777 posts, read 27,424,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Podesta actually did it correctly. It was his IT guy who told him to engage.

The report has a whole lot of suggestions to make the overall process more secure. Thought you Right Wingers would love that. The electronic transmitted ballot is a tiny part of the overall and could be handled.
I would like to know what IT guy told him to engage a phishing email... was it Imran Awan?

Old 02-14-2018, 08:07 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,374,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I would like to know what IT guy told him to engage a phishing email... was it Imran Awan?
No IT guy is going to suggest "yeah, go ahead, click it". None.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:09 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,153,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC
Give me one account where hacking directly relates to the military vote.

We had Obama virtually eliminating the border and urging illegals to vote, and they have the nerve to put this out there. You have got to be freakin' kidding me..

It could happen, giving the person is not there in person to cast a ballot. Everyone else does it by mail like out of state residents. I can’t send anything via fax or email

And y’all still spreading this lie of illegals voting like it’s gospel. It’s a reason trump let that claim go and stop the “investigation”. It’s FALSE

Fact-check: Did 3 million undocumented immigrants vote in this year's election? | PunditFact

Old 02-14-2018, 08:11 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,153,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Because there have been "stories" does not give anyone the right to make sure every vote isn't counted. I don't really care how they do it as long it makes sure they are counted.
Nobody else can vote via email or fax.

It’s not a secure form of voting especially in this day in age

Out of country or state residents send via ballot via mail. There is no reason why mail doesn’t suffice for military member either
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies