Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 07:36 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
So...I'm going to just leave this here since some of you all are still pretending that arming people at the school would "do nothing", and "so much for the trained armed" person defeating the shooter....because you don't hear those stories in the media, it doesn't make them the cash, nor does it divide, like killings do. Here you go sheep:

Officials: Armed man fatally shot by deputies at Tennessee high school; no students injured | Fox News

Wait for it....

This is why the schools should have locked doors, cameras, and armed security.

If it's good enough for loud mouthed celebrities, it's good enough for "The Children"â„¢
Silly, nothing bad happened because this person didn't have an AR, see if we ban ARs no bad things will happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 07:39 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
But you'd both support them signing their lives over to the US Gov't. At the same exact age that you are complaining about them voicing their opinions.

Yeah, we're the ones "off our rockers." Mhm.
With all due respect, you don't know how I feel regarding the draft age.

I'm an anti-globalist, isolationist CONSERVATIVE (NOT a "republican" - big difference since "republicans" are basically liberals in a different form in America today).

This generation of kids are entitled lazy SJWs on crack. Their opinions add up to dry **** to me. And to any rational reasonable American.

Yes, they will take over down the road. They will eventually flood our government with their poisonous Marxist mindsets and shred the Constitution, but it won't be in my life time.

Old 02-26-2018, 07:39 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Totally agree.

Not fit to serve? You don't get a gun.

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,...331273,00.html
The vast amount of women and all of old people aren't fit for military.

They are the weakest besides children.

You want deprive them the best tools for protection?

Old 02-26-2018, 08:32 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Interesting how Republicans, many being authoritarians, change their minds ONLY when their "Great Leader" says so:
"A new poll found that 70 percent of Americans back tougher restrictions on firearms, up from 52 percent after the Las Vegas massacre in October. Republicans account for a large chunk of this movement, and they are changing their minds because the president is changing his."

Old 02-26-2018, 08:35 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Ever have a pistol shoved in your face with the nut on the other end threatening you for about 4 minutes? I have. Close enough that I could count each bullet in each chamber and tell you how clean the barrel was.
So yeah, been on the wrong end of a few guns,knives and even chains. I remember telling one idiot "naw, that looks like a lighter" so he popped off a round and the shell casing hit me in the face as it ejected. A 25 cal automatic sure looked like a lighter.

Bet the closest you've ever come is either TV or someone telling you about it...
Of course you would say that, your M.O. is to attack and demean anyone who disagrees with you. You have no idea what has happened to me in my life, and your story might be true or it might not, but I don't see how it contributes to this thread, or means that you could defend yourself against an assailant with an AR-15 with a 30 round magazine.

Here's what I do know, my husband is a decorated USMC veteran who served two tours in Vietnam, he's been shot at, watched his best friend die and he's killed people. Occasionally I will share some of the comments on these threads with him and he shakes his head in disbelief. His view is that these weapons have no legitimate use other than killing large numbers of people very quickly and his opinion is supported by many other veterans so his position is probably more believable than many of the anecdotal stories one finds on internet forums.

You can read some of their opinions on the issue here https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Vets...eform&src=typd

Old 02-26-2018, 08:37 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Of course you would say that, your M.O. is to attack and demean anyone who disagrees with you. You have no idea what has happened to me in my life, and your story might be true or it might not, but I don't see how it contributes to this thread, or means that you could defend yourself against an assailant with an AR-15 with a 30 round magazine.

Here's what I do know, my husband is a decorated USMC veteran who served two tours in Vietnam, he's been shot at, watched his best friend die and he's killed people. Occasionally I will share some of the comments on these threads with him and he shakes his head in disbelief. His view is that these weapons have no legitimate use other than killing large numbers of people very quickly and his opinion is supported by many other veterans so his position is probably more believable than many of the anecdotal stories one finds on internet forums.

You can read some of their opinions on the issue here https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Vets...eform&src=typd

Your husband doesn't know much about guns then does he?

Old 02-26-2018, 08:41 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This is why the schools should have locked doors, cameras, and armed security.
Sounds good to me, now you tell me where we are going to come up with the 22.6 billion a year to pay for it and explain to me how can you justify that expense when all that it does is ensure that a small number of people can keep their AR-15's with 30 round magazines
http://cua6.urban.csuohio.edu/public...ill_032813.pdf

Old 02-26-2018, 08:53 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Interesting how Republicans, many being authoritarians, change their minds ONLY when their "Great Leader" says so:
"A new poll found that 70 percent of Americans back tougher restrictions on firearms, up from 52 percent after the Las Vegas massacre in October. Republicans account for a large chunk of this movement, and they are changing their minds because the president is changing his."
why is it interesting? Many Republicans changed their minds years ago
Many changed their Party
Even Independents that are conservative have changed their minds

I've changed my mind...however, my ideas are a bit different....

haven't you ever changed your mind?

also, on another not, this is not directed at craigirl

I'm surprised in reading how many people have great ideas that we can put into place, and yet, others on here, say, "Oh that won't work"

People, nothing will work 100% nothing....so if that's what your looking for, it ain't happening.

What this situation is going to take to help, and not completely fix the problem, are joint efforts....a little here, a little there....

This will have to be a communal work in progress

What will turn school shootings around are the following:

Parents getting more involved with what their children are doing, feeling, experiencing....
Getting involved with the teachers more, finding out what their children are doing in school, getting a lot more strict, and watching what you and others say in front of your kids, so the bullying stops...Stop giving children medications and deal with discipline.

The schools need to put in place some precautions, like closing off entrances so that all kids have to walk thru one area with a metal detector, and also, you need to have armed guards. Sad but true, this is the world "WE" have created.

Teachers are going to have to look for signs of mental health issues, violence....etc, and this country is going to have to build more mental facilities, to house mentally disturbed people who cannot live within society, or are a threat to themselves, and child molesters..

Change the age that one can buy a gun...

Set up a computer system that all gun sales must have, with a list that is generated by law enforcement...that must be checked before someone can purchase a gun...If they've been arrested, have a violent nature, have mental issues, they will not be permitted to purchase a gun...and this should be updated every day by data entry personal with a downloaded photo of that person.

The FBI and police involved, failed to move on the warnings they received, and those were the person's responsible...they couldn't have had more of a warning....and it could have been stopped, so we have to review, exactly how many times, they were called to Cruz's home for reports, and also, the warning the FBI received, and our courts have to decided how to change the laws...in other words, a repeated offender should not have guns or be able to purchase guns.

And there is more, but won't get into it...this is how change happens, thru trial and error, but getting rid of the AR is not going to solve anything...

Old 02-26-2018, 09:13 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times

Old 02-26-2018, 09:27 AM

5,110 posts, read 2,050,817 times
Thanks for posting that one Max210.

via Imgflip Meme Generator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies