Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 06:56 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
Villify what? here are the facts:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...mental-n727221

Your so called president has blood on his hands:

"President Donald Trump quietly signed a bill into law Tuesday rolling back an Obama-era regulation that made it harder for people with mental illnesses to purchase a gun."
WOW!!! THIS IS INSANE!!! Another post where you are misrepresenting this story. It was signed last year in February, not Tuesday!!!! Everyone, please, click the link, and look at the date!!! February 28th, 2017!! That's the date of the story. This did not happen on Tuesday. I don't care about the story itself anymore, I am just absolutely going crazy over how many times this user has posted this lie. It did not happen on Tuesday, it happened last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 06:56 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
About 15,000 lives per year are saved because of seat belt laws. I'm happy with that and I wish more people would understand how important it is to wear a seat belt 100% of the time.
And that is great. But as you point out, no law will make it 100%, because people choose not to understand or refuse to comply.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
You certainly implied it. So would you favor a ban on AK-47s and similar type weapons?
Honestly, I don't know.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:57 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Most school districts simply can't afford it...maybe the 30 billion dollars Trump wants for his wall would be better spent fortifying our schools?
Consider closing all military installations on foreign soil, bringing all of our troops home, & station trained folks in our schools. & work on practica, pragmatic & sorely needed infrastructure projects here in US.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:58 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,403,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Honestly, I don't know.
I apologize for some of my language. It was uncalled for.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:58 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
And that is great. But as you point out, no law will make it 100%, because people choose not to understand or refuse to comply.
I don't think anyone is expecting 100% rate of success...in anything.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:59 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
WOW!!! THIS IS INSANE!!! Another post where you are misrepresenting this story. It was signed last year in February, not Tuesday!!!! Everyone, please, click the link, and look at the date!!! February 28th, 2017!! That's the date of the story. This did not happen on Tuesday. I don't care about the story itself anymore, I am just absolutely going crazy over how many times this user has posted this lie. It did not happen on Tuesday, it happened last year.
Trump did roll it back, regardless of if it was Tuesday or not. Coincidentally or not, the same month the shooter got his rifle.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:59 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
This has been stated repeatedly and yet it keeps getting ignored.

Other countries do not put their children on psychotropic drugs in 1st grade.
So that's what we are blaming now?

Other countries ALSO do not arm their troubled young people with weapons of war.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:01 PM

736 posts, read 353,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Your logic isn't exactly infallible either.

How many people died in Boston and do we really think a 19 year old in Florida is going to fly a plane into the twin towers?

Let's AT LEAST make them work for it.

Do you imagine that other countries don't have despondent young men? Yet they don't go in over and over and over and shoot up their classmates.

Why is that do you suppose?
Probably because they get thrown in jail or are executed without much of a trial. In China, people get sent to hard labor camps.The government has free reign to investigate anyone for any reason. There are no limitations on privacy. Court trials are nothing more than rubber stamps. Rather effective at eliminating dissidence and potential criminals such in the case of mass murders. Obviously such similar system here would require the suspension of the constitutional rights and enabling of quick and inexpensive trials.

Forgot to mention, those countries have very tight control of their boarders. This keeps illegal immigrants and smugglers out. Countries like Korea, China, Japan, and geographically difficult to reach countries makes smuggling and illegal migrations difficult. Placing a weapon ban is easier to enforce in such countries either due to the dictatorship like style government or geographic advantage like in Japan. In the United States, it is too easy to smuggle drugs, weapons, and other illicit material through the boarders, which is why a weapon ban would not stop criminals from acquiring firearms.

Last edited by NekoLogic; 02-15-2018 at 07:13 PM..

Old 02-15-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I apologize for some of my language. It was uncalled for.
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies