Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 08:30 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Everyone knows female mechanics and construction workers are very rare. You can claim whatever you want but it's just silly. Outside of TV and the internet they are as rare as a hen's tooth. But if feminist think they all want to do construction and mechanic jobs and at more than just a token representative be my guest.
https://womenautoknow.com/the-awkwar...d-auto-repair/
Sigh. This is what you don’t get. Women may not want to be mechanics in droves. But, if they did and have the required skill sets, they shouldn’t be barred because of their gender. That’s literally all most women are asking for, the opportunity to be available if they’re qualified and interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 08:32 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Egalitarian doctrine maintains that all humans are equal in fundamental worth and social status. .
No the definition is all people deserve equal rights and opportunities. But the doctrine is equal or better outcomes than whites and males. I'm against equal opportunities and privileges without equal duties and responsibilities and especially against forced equal or better outcomes. Feminism seeks forced equal and better outcomes.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
I brought more tools into the marriage than my husband. YouTube makes it super easy to learn new home repair skills and more. I only care about breaking a nail in the sense that dang, it can really hurt sometimes. But I don’t get manicures or anything.
No joke. YouTube has instructions for everything. I replaced a broken sink trap last week while my husband was watching a game. Easy peasy.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:37 PM

Quote:
No the definition is all people deserve equal rights and opportunities. But the doctrine is equal or better outcomes than whites and males. I'm against equal opportunities and privileges without equal duties and responsibilities and especially against forced equal or better outcomes. Feminism seeks forced equal and better outcomes.
When one has been privileged, equality feels like oppression.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:38 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
No joke. YouTube has instructions for everything. I replaced a broken sink trap last week while my husband was watching a game. Easy peasy.
So your husband let's you fix a sink trap while watching a game and you're ranting at me for basically saying I would fix the sink trap but the woman of the house can make sandwiches lol .

Old 02-27-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
So your husband let's you fix a sink trap while watching a game and you're ranting at me for basically saying I would fix the sink trap but the woman of the house can make sandwiches lol .
Yes, because your default is based on what you perceive men are good at and should do and what women are good at and should do. Why, in 2018, do we have to base who does what on gender alone?

BTW, I fixed it because I wanted to and could, not because my husband “let” me. Later, after the game, he did the laundry while I read a book. We each made our own sandwich.

Last edited by UNC4Me; 02-27-2018 at 08:49 PM..

Old 02-27-2018, 10:30 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
I could make a very long of things almost as long as life, from changing a flat tire on the high way to storming a building with an active shooter, of things we should insist women have to do because we can't have men's and women's work. And that would be the downfall of society.
Actually your list couldn't be good enough. They say if men it were up to men to have children the human race would be extinct, they say, men couldn't bare the pain let alone the monthly thing for all those years. So go back to your list making, it wouldn't compare.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:34 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,507,892 times
This entire thread is based on something that is not even true. The goal of feminism is to give women choices. They can choose to be housewives if they want to.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:37 PM

409 posts, read 293,197 times
There's a troll or two on here, folks. Don't bother trying to engage or reason with them, they're just trying to stir the pot.
Some people enjoy being mean-spirited on forums just for the sake of it.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:37 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Tell the guys who rotate my tires not to tighten the lug nuts with power wrenches and I would be able to change my own tire. Not like I get much chance to, my last flat was 3 years ago.
I could change a tire but why should I when I make plenty of money I pay someone to do it. Hey at least he's earning money, unlike the women under chest thumping men with little man syndrome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies