Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 07:22 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
See that's the problem with society. No one knows their place in the world anymore. Women don't and can't fix flat tires or effectively face down rampaging suspect in general. If we replaced all our cops or even half with women that would be a problem. There's things women are better at than men, but feminist seek to eject all of those.
I can't and won't fix my own flat tires? Maybe you care to tell me how I have managed to do so several times all by myself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 07:23 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,800,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I can't and won't fix my own flat tires? Maybe you care to tell me how I have managed to do so several times all by myself?
Me too. He acts like it’s akin to brain surgery.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:29 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,868,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Only things you’ve mentioned that women are better at is cooking, cleaning, childcare and making a house pretty. So in your view if a woman is doing anything but those things, she doesn’t know her place and should be firmly put back in it by a man. What a load of crap.
There's any list of things that a woman might be good at, but selectively demanding equality and selectively wanting equal or better outcomes, and wanting to be in charge of everything is the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Most women do not have enough physical strength to do it even if they have the know-how. Or they're too risk adverse to do it on the side of a road, so a man is called out. The fact I have to explain this just proves the point of how clueless and dishonest feminists are.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:30 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,947,540 times
Quote:
And nature intended for men to be in charge in general and I don't care who disagrees with it.
Yeah, I dealt with a character who tried to pull that angle on me. Lying, cheating POS. I wish I could have been a witness when his shackup threw him out of her house after finding out he had been cheating on her with multiple women (including me) for 9 years. Worst day for him was when I finally realized that he was full of it, and these "controlling" types are all the same. The idea of being found out scared the crap out him, and I made full use of that by exposing him.

I'd rather be single the rest of my life than take another gamble like that. The guys who beat their chests the hardest about being in charge are the same ones who have no business being in that position.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
There's any list of things that a woman might be good at, but selective demanding equality and selectively wanting equal or better outcomes, and wanting to be in charge of everything is the problem.
Please enlighten us with the list of things women might be good at. You’ve only mentioned things centered on traditional housewife tasks.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:40 PM

5,058 posts, read 7,497,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Well, you seem to embrace that both of you aren’t necessarily only allowed to fit within certain gender roles. Congrats! You’re feminists. No, seriously. Too many picture an angry third wave over the top feminist, when most feminists are everyday people overall.
I agree with every word. Though until such time the 3rd wave starts to either totally drop or widly circulate female equilivants of words like rape culture, toxic masculinity, or mansplanning, i will never consider myself to be a feminist.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:41 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,947,540 times
Quote:
See that's the problem with society. No one knows their place in the world anymore. Women don't and can't fix flat tires
Tell the guys who rotate my tires not to tighten the lug nuts with power wrenches and I would be able to change my own tire. Not like I get much chance to, my last flat was 3 years ago.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
I agree with every word. Though until such time the 3rd wave starts to either totally drop or widly circulate female equilivants of words like rape culture, toxic masculinity, or mansplanning, i will never consider myself to be a feminist.
Few women are the radical feminists you describe. Few belong to a women’s organization like NOW or have ever marched for women’s rights. I know I never had. All I want is want the same rights as those accorded to men. If I’m the best candidate for a job, my gender shouldn’t matter. If a man is the best candidate his shouldn’t either. I don’t expect to get a job for which I’m not qualified based on my gender either. Neither should a man.

I definitely don’t want to be expected to conform to traditional gender roles unless that’s what I want to do. I do expect my spouse to afford me the same respect I give to him. Pretty basic stuff. Nothing radical about any of this.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:54 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,868,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Please enlighten us with the list of things women might be good at. You’ve only mentioned things centered on traditional housewife tasks.
I did not and am not going to make any list. You act as if there's something wrong with being a traditional housewife. My problem with feminism is the creation of ad hoc laws to prop up their goals that violate equal protection, and trying to usurp men's positions and place in society.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
I did not and am not going to make any list. You act as if there's something wrong with being a traditional housewife. My problem with feminism is the creation of ad hoc laws to prop up their goals that violate equal protection, and trying to usurp men's positions and place in society.
There’s nothing wrong with it if that’s what a woman chooses. If anyone forces her into that position or if it’s the only choice she has, then that’s an issue.

Men’s positions and place in society being one where they hold all leadership positions both in public and private? No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies