Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 07:45 AM

39,237 posts, read 27,623,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Buy now, and sell in black market after a ban? They are basically planning a crime.
No, buy now and hold on to it.

Like I said

Guns are durable useful tools, so they hold value in almost every situation. Even in situations where the economy collapses, guns will have fairly high value.

You have guns, pots and pans, screwdrivers, socket sets and other machines: now that's valuable, always.

You really need to stop demonizing people. You have no idea what people plan on doing.

I think there is a stigma around legal gun owners. Like I posted earlier, my ex boyfriend's sister said there must be something wrong with me simply because I am a legal gun owner, although she cannot figure out exactly what is wrong with me. His family members are very good people, but they do have irrational fear towards guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 07:45 AM

764 posts, read 235,554 times
Quote:
The problem has been with the mentally ill shooting up neighborhoods, so it would have to be a part of of.
Cool...... then let the NRA do the evaluation.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:47 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Absolute BS. Read my above post. Tanks can have road tracks that can drive on streets.

Another one who knows nothing.
"Tanks", as an example a restored Sherman or Russian T-55 at 30 - 40 tons cannot be driven on the street without a permit and that permit would be contingent upon the local authority determining it's not gonna chew up the streets or otherwise damage lineage etc., It would also be contingent upon it being a one off occasion like a local parade honouring veterans or something akin to it's historical involvement and it being transported to and from the parade route via a flatbed. It would never be allowed to cruise willy-nilly throughout urban or even rural streets/roads.

Regardless of road rubber track links; you ain't gonna get a license tag, PL or PD insurance for your Sherman tank. You ain't gonna be allowed to drive your Sherman tank anywhere in the U.S. on public roads at your choice of time date or century. Too wide, too heavy, and non-compliant with all known safety requirements for the things to be eligible for vehicle tagging. Not to mention, no insurance agency in it's right mind ever signing onto an insurance policy for a vehicle still having operating weapons attached. You'd pay through the nose just insuring the thing for use as a static display in your front yard.

The Cali. auction you speak of......did the buyers drive their purchases off the property and fuel 'em up at the nearest AAMCO to then cruise on home to Burbank or wherever? Don't remember that little fiasco showing up on the MSM as it most surely would have had it ever happened.

102" max width allowance on all U.S. highways precludes any "tank" from receiving permission to just go for Sunday outings. Even your old Shermans and more modern APC's are over-width at over 10' width.

There's knowing nothing and then there's knowing just enough to make yourself look sillier than Pee Wee Herman on a good day.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:48 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL IRON View Post
I was just logically continuing your line of discussion that people were rushing out to buy guns by checking some figures that coincide with permits issued. So were you just running your mouth and people aren't really rushing out to buy guns?
That was a claim made by someone else.

The argument was the Dems are terrified, and as a result people are rushing to stores to buy more guns.

That didn't make any sense, so I told that poster, that common sense suggests that the people rushing into the store are the terrified ones.

However, since then I have read articles that guns sales are down as much as 27% for some manufacturers, including Ruger which is one of the many who manufacture ARs.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:48 AM

18,501 posts, read 9,170,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post

But by all means, let the cops and the military be the only ones with decent guns...
You do realize that the military has drones, right? In a few decades, they’ll have artificial intelligence that is superior to most human intelligence. You and your cache of automatic weapons wouldn’t stand a chance.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
No, buy now and hold on to it.

You really need to stop demonizing people. You have no idea what people plan on doing.
I am not demonizing anyone, you said they are buying for investment. It is not an investment unless you plan to make money on it by selling it at a higher price once the ban kicks in.

Quote:
lilyflower3191981
If strict gun law is passed, I can see why people would want to purchase more guns for investment purpose alone.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:51 AM

39,237 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
I am not demonizing anyone, you said they are buying for investment. It is not an investment unless you plan to make money on it by selling it at a higher price once the ban kicks in.
Because law can be changed in the future.

That is why.

Everything is a gamble when it comes to investment.

So I can see why people want to purchase more guns before new gun law is passed. Plus, nobody wants to be the last good person without a gun when bad people are armed.

Bad people have no problems buying guns in the black market at a LOWER price, (below market price) they don't need legal gun owners to sell it to them at a higher price. Lol

All these gun laws are punishing good people. It is what it is.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:53 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Yep. It's not like they're actually defending our freedom.
That would be the Hollywood actors, and political activists

Old 02-27-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Because law can be changed in the future.

That is why.
What? Sell them after a ban is lifted and everyone can buy them from any store again? Not a good investment.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:57 AM

764 posts, read 235,554 times
Quote:
That was a claim made by someone else.

The argument was the Dems are terrified, and as a result people are rushing to stores to buy more guns.

That didn't make any sense, so I told that poster, that common sense suggests that the people rushing into the store are the terrified ones.

However, since then I have read articles that guns sales are down as much as 27% for some manufacturers, including Ruger which is one of the many who manufacture ARs.
I apologize if you weren't the one making the claim. I do know that sales have been down since Trump was elected. The general consensus is that the worry about gun control has gone down. I would be interested in seeing the gun sales figures in about a month. I would hope that you do see the correlation between new permits and new owners though. I understand that not ALL new C.C. permits are new owners but I would argue that many are and gun ownership is increasing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies