Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 12:53 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,288,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
will those guards have guns?
Nah. Bows & Arrows like the Amazons had in Wonder Woman to fend off the Germans with guns.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:06 PM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
As usual, he doesn't know what he's talking about.
As usual?

Trump is seeking advice from all quarters and has crystalized their opinions into action. Arming select teachers has support from many democrats, repubs, teachers, surviving parents and law enforcement. Trump will make this happen now as opposed to NEVER, such as under Obama which saw nothing accomplished except a skyrocketing murder rate.

As usual, Trump will get this done NOW!

We could ban anti aircraft guns and 50 caliber rifles. As long as something is banned the left is happy. and willing to sacrifice many more students and citizens to achieve that lofty theoretical, distant future goal of no guns, no gun violence. Meanwhile we bleed and the left cares not.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:14 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
ok.
I served. I was in Desert Storm. based on your required qualification, I am an expert on the subject.

I want to arm teachers.

THanks for clearing this up. We have won the debate.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:15 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
I seriously doubt that he is talking about shoving guns into the hands of all teachers and telling them to start shooting. Instead, I suspect that he's endorsing the idea that those teachers who choose to do so could undertake the training necessary to earn a concealed-carry permit, and then make use of that permit and that training on school grounds during school hours.

Honestly, I think that this is one of the most effective ideas out there. Not that I'm against having uniformed security in school, but the fact is that a gunman intent on harming his fellow students will do one of two things: (1) intentionally target the uniformed officer first, so that he can then continue shooting at others unhindered; or (2) intentionally position himself as far away from the uniformed officer as possible, so that he can claim as many targets as possible before the officer can arrive to interfere.

But our hypothetical gunman would have no way of knowing which teachers (if any) are armed, so he would have no way of pre-emptively defending himself against an armed teacher until that teacher actually deployed his weapon.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:22 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,751,282 times
Quote:
You have to have served in the military to talk about gun control? Well that eliminates most of the left then.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:26 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
The fact that Trump always offers an opinion, and is known to change that opinion within the next 40 seconds is not new
Neither is the fact that he often gives opinions on topics he has no knowledge or background--
He likes to pontificate----narcissists always think they are the authority in the room...
Trump wants to arm teachers because the NRA offers that as a solution to the epidemic of gun violence in schools...
Do you think the NRA is willing to pay for all that gun training or increased salaries for teachers who volunteer to man the guns at their schools???
Do you think the NRA will support metal health checks for teachers to be certified to bring guns on campuses???
You have teachers who obviously have issues with being adults since they have sexual relationships with their students---
Just because someone gets a teaching job doesn't automatically equate to their ability to wield a gun in an assault situation...

What do you think police think about entering a building with a report of armed shooter and know there are 30 teachers with guns in the building????
A MINEFIELD of disasterous possibilities IMO...

When you are a hammer, every problem is a nail
The NRA sees the problem of gun proliferation and massive numbers of assault rifles owned by Americans as something that can be cured by bringing MORE guns into the equation---
Like having more than one form of cancer is beneficial

The NRA is great at propaganda--making rabid gun owners feel threatened by responsible gun laws, trying to protect its turf from a rival gun organization, gaining more money to pay politicians to resist gun legislation efforts....
They are NOT great at keeping guns out of the hands of dangerous people and they never want to be good at that...

It would be $$$ better spent than all the $$$ they give politicians based on one thing and one thing alone.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:27 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Are you suggesting the parent who lost his child in the shooting and made the suggestion doesn't know what he is talking about also ? Would that parent have to have served in the military to make the suggestion ?

Old 02-22-2018, 01:42 PM

653 posts, read 784,372 times
I respect everyone's opinion on this matter, and many others that our society is facing today. Personally, I don't think that more guns is the solution. Whose to say that a teacher wont be the next mass shooter? So is the problem really being addressed?

I know a lot of people are pro-guns and feel that bearing arms is their constitutional right, which it is... But I don't see why civilians should have access to warfare weaponry like AR-15s and AK-47s. Think about it, why should Joe Schmo be able to buy an automatic weapon and carry a more powerful firearm than our police officers? As far as I know, Police Officers carry handguns everyday, why on earth am I allowed to carry an AR-15?

Truth of the matter is, guns are not going anywhere... No matter who is in office. There is too much money involved. I admit that it is a very difficult issue to resolve, but if Sandy Hook didn't prompt change, nothing will.

We should all just pray to God that tragedies like the Florida shooting never find their way to our own personal lives.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:45 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,886 times
Quote:
Trump, who never served n the military, wants to arm teachers.
Logic fail...

Old 02-22-2018, 02:41 PM

9,519 posts, read 4,348,945 times
Quote:
What does Trump's lack of military service have do to with anything? This thread makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies