Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 05:14 PM

6,120 posts, read 4,612,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingBoat View Post
Barack Obama, who never served in the military, served as president. As usual he didn't know what he was talking about.
This is Trump's idea and on his watch, not Obama's.

Go start a thread about Obama if you'd like. This thread is about something that Trump came up with.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:40 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
As usual, he doesn't know what he's talking about.
As if gun control zealots do. You won't find a bigger collection of the ignorant outside of the flat earthers than gun control nuts.

Serving in the military doesn't grant someone expertise in weapons or crime. Plenty of law enforcement support arming teachers, but the left hate cops too so you won't care about that either.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:49 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,952 times
Since Lincoln, every assassination or attempted assassination on a U.S. president has taken place with armed and well-trained guards near the president.

I assume we all know the Brady Bill was named after James Brady. He was standing right by Reagan, who was guarded by armed Secret Service officers. Those men with guns didn't stop the attack.

Anyway, we are talking about schools, when the two deadliest mass shooting attacks in U.S. history happened at a nightclub and an outdoor concert on the Las Vegas strip.

Who should we arm? All concert attendees? Should they have started firing across the strip with a .38, at a gunman who is 40 floors up and 1,500 yards away? Yeah, I'm sure that's the answer.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:59 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
I never served in the military, and I'm armed.

Liberals are so weird.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:01 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I never served in the military, and I'm armed.

Liberals are so weird.
I'm a liberal, I did serve in the military, and I am a gun owner.

I am also against having teachers carry guns in class.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:02 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
As usual, he doesn't know what he's talking about.
Speaking of not knowing what one is talking about, explain why being in the military matters

Old 02-22-2018, 08:13 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,398,193 times
armed teacher, I think thats a good idea, or why not just have cops in schools.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:29 PM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
I'm a liberal, I did serve in the military, and I am a gun owner.

I am also against having teachers carry guns in class.
All teachers? Oh heck no. But like with air marshals...if you have 1 or 2 that are sufficiently trained then I'm ok with that....just like you have school security officers at most large highschools, the rougher ones all have metal detectors etc.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:27 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
As usual?

Trump is seeking advice from all quarters and has crystalized their opinions into action. Arming select teachers has support from many democrats, repubs, teachers, surviving parents and law enforcement. Trump will make this happen now as opposed to NEVER, such as under Obama which saw nothing accomplished except a skyrocketing murder rate.

As usual, Trump will get this done NOW!

We could ban anti aircraft guns and 50 caliber rifles. As long as something is banned the left is happy. and willing to sacrifice many more students and citizens to achieve that lofty theoretical, distant future goal of no guns, no gun violence. Meanwhile we bleed and the left cares not.
This is absolutely incorrect
Trump has done NOTHING as far as action goes
Beside the fact that he needed a crib sheet to keep himself on topic and remind himself to show empathy--
This is a man you think is a great leader???
Trump can't force states to hire people as teachers who are willing to be stand in LEOS as needed
States have a variety of laws regarding who they hire as public school teachers
States used PUBLIC tax money to support the costs of public education
People who own property have a voice in how their local districts are run
I know plenty of people who will not want their children to be taught by teachers with GUNS

Old 02-22-2018, 09:31 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
All teachers? Oh heck no. But like with air marshals...if you have 1 or 2 that are sufficiently trained then I'm ok with that....just like you have school security officers at most large highschools, the rougher ones all have metal detectors etc.
The shooting at Douglas was over in 6 minutes
How much time does that leave for any effective intervention???

Be real---
The only way to have prevented that boy from shooting those students and teachers was to have shot him first

The one teacher who apparently was told about it from a student who left the building and saw Cruz loading ammunition into his rifle didn't even call it in--
He drove the student off campus using the golf cart he was in when the student found him

That is just screwed up decision making
I can understand the kid not wanting to confront Cruz but the teacher made a bad decision to do what he did
And I don't know that the teacher tried calling 911 during that golf cart ride---not from the story I read the student who escaped told...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies