Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 08:50 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It all goes back to who is really responsible for their protection.
The SC has already ruled the police are not their for your protection, so what makes anyone think the school would be responsible?
Who's job is it to protect you as an individual person?

The solution has always been there since before the ratification of the Bill of Rights, which contains the 2nd Amendment. Your right, your child's right and every American's right. Like it or not!
Allowing teachers to carry is a state/ district issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2018, 08:51 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Most schools have not and will not experience a mass shooting no matter what is done, or not.

But when it does happen....

No one has messed up enough, for me to pull my sidearm out of my waistband in 35 years.... But when it does happen?

Old 02-25-2018, 08:56 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I'll be out there with them next month. Have no fears about that. Wouldn't miss it!

By "young enough", I simply meant that I couldn't be there with them in school to physically make a statement.
Got it. Sorry.... No bullying intended!

Old 02-25-2018, 09:01 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,112,501 times
Quote:
Being oppressed and living in constant fear, is better than being dead?
Give me Liberty, or give me Death!
No one but you, can protect yourself. If you feel differently, then slavery to others is in your future.
Keep your powder dry, good sir.

The instruments of change are exercising their voices. Soon, their majority will be in tune.

Fight your good fight, as your uncompromising, stiff necked, stand your ground attitude will yield you what you fear the most . . . It will render you empty handed.

37,213 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
I understand you don't trust anyone but yourself around a gun.
That is the same exact reason I pack heat. I don't trust other people either.
No, you really don't understand a thing.

And don't shoot yourself in the thigh trying to draw your pistol from your waistband. I had a buddy who did that in 1974 and hit his femoral artery. He bled out before the ambulance could arrive.

A good holster will pay for itself. Berns-Martin makes some good ones.

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
In some areas, parents advocated walk outs and school violence during the period of school integration.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:02 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Would you not expect them to be? They are getting graded for the drama class they all attend. They have memorized their scripted lines well by now. The show has ran for a week now, with spectacular reviews...
And at this minute, one of them is on a Sunday talk show expressing extremely articulate statements on this issue, while you are on a keyboard expressing condescending negative remarks disparaging them, rather than addressing the issue.

Like I said--underestimate them at your own risk.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:07 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
We had a walk out when I was in high school. They took our smoking pit away from us.
Your age is showing! LOL. As does mine in so many ways!

Old 02-25-2018, 09:11 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Translation: go ahead and kill our children, if that is what it takes for us to be able to keep our guns.

So you don't have a problem with our children being slaughtered, you just want them to shut up about it!
That's not a constructive argument. All it does is make people angry and defensive. You're just lashing out here.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:22 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,714,694 times
I don't agree with suspending them, but I think they should still be responsible for completing all work and should not receive any extensions or grace periods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies