Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the second amendment should be kept or repealed
I’m conservative and think it should stay 107 56.02%
I’m conservative and think it should be repealed 2 1.05%
I’m conservative and think it should stay but greatly reduce the types of weapons citizens can own 14 7.33%
I’m liberal and think it should stay 20 10.47%
I’m liberal and think it should be repealed 5 2.62%
I’m liberal and think it should stay but greatly reduce the types of weapons the average citizens can own 43 22.51%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 04:09 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-fan View Post
To quote from my first referenced link:

If you read my second linked article, maybe you'll understand that 2A was added to appease slave owners.

Are you a slave owner?

Yes! I have many slaves. Would you like to drop by the plantation for a Mint Julep?

Stupid question.

Last edited by Scotty011; 02-25-2018 at 04:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2018, 04:28 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
If the interpretation of the 2nd and it’s “well regulated militia” is that anybody, anywhere at anytime can have as many types and amounts of guns as anyone would ever want then yes, it should be repealed.

No it should not. And quit trying to take my rights away.

Old 02-25-2018, 04:41 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
As usual I'm in the minority.
I'm conservative and think it should greatly reduce the kinds of weapons that people are allowed to own.

The second amendment will NEVER be repealed, nor should it be.
Im not picking just on you, because a lot of people share the same sentiments, but it makes no sense.

In able to greatly reduce the 'kinds of weapons', the 2nd amendment has to be repealed.

Some of you just dont understand how the 2nd amendment works.

Old 02-25-2018, 04:47 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Once a Demwit takes over office they will come for our guns.
There's always going to be Nazi's trying to take away someones right to defend themselves.

Old 02-25-2018, 05:02 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Shall we talk about the history of limiting the access to guns in this country? Anyone realize that there was a time when black people were not allowed to have guns? Even free black people? There is a long, long history of having limits on gun ownership. And, yet... the Second Amendment is still here. Miraculous!

Old 02-25-2018, 05:03 PM

144 posts, read 94,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Yes! I have many slaves. Would you like to drop by the plantation for a Mint Julep?

Stupid question.
It's called exasperated sarcasm.

I think our constitution was designed to be a living document. To evolve. The second amendment is no longer relevant, except as a money machine for the gun industry.

Old 02-25-2018, 05:24 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,143,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-fan View Post

I think our constitution was designed to be a living document. To evolve. The second amendment is no longer relevant, except as a money machine for the gun industry.
If it is no longer relevant why are we still arguing about it? Seems pretty relevant to me.......

Old 02-25-2018, 05:28 PM

144 posts, read 94,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
If it is no longer relevant why are we still arguing about it? Seems pretty relevant to me.......
It's relevant because there's a huge amount of money in them there guns, high capacity magazines and bullets.

But it's no longer relevant to our constitution's founders original intent.

Old 02-25-2018, 05:29 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,672,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
No it should not. And quit trying to take my rights away.
No right is absolute. The second especially.

Old 02-25-2018, 05:36 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
No right is absolute. The second especially.
Pretty scary. I find myself in agreement with you. Interestingly enough, Condoleeze Rice shares my feeling - I'm not exactly sure what you have in mind, so I won't presume anything.

Condy and I (we're best friends, now) believe that semiautomatic weapons should not be made available to civilians. So in our mind the second amendment stays, weapons that can be rapidly fired and reloaded would go.
Quote:
"I don’t understand why civilians need to have access to military weapons. We wouldn’t say you can go out and buy a tank," Ms Rice told Hugh Hewitt, an American radio talk show host. ”So I do think we need to have that conversation.”
Condoleezza Rice: America must 'consider Second Amendment's place in the modern world' | The Independent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies