Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 04:38 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Please read post #2 and post #4.
They are talking about gun licenses. I'm talking about the military personnel and Arabs that are not in the statistics. Israeli army is mandatory, and except clear nut cases and felons every able body 18 years old is in the military. You can see tons of young people on the streets open carry fully automatic battlefield rifles.
http://img.mako.co.il/2015/10/18/686277_I.jpg

When I went to the IDF at 18, I got after a week a fully automatic M-16 with 4 magazines and I took it home for the weekend. I had it home every second or third weekend.

Also, the Arabs with illegal guns are not in the statistics. Every hamula has a stash of weapons including RPG.

So, I'm asking again, why there are no massacres?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 05:04 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,167,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
They are talking about gun licenses. I'm talking about the military personnel and Arabs that are not in the statistics. Israeli army is mandatory, and except clear nut cases and felons every able body 18 years old is in the military. You can see tons of young people on the streets open carry fully automatic battlefield rifles.

When I went to the IDF at 18, I got after a week a fully automatic M-16 with 4 magazines and I took it home for the weekend. I had it home every second or third weekend.

Also, the Arabs with illegal guns are not in the statistics. Every hamula has a stash of weapons including RPG.

We seem to have an abundance of geniuses watching this thread, I'm sure one will be along shortly to clear up your confusion.....

Old 02-26-2018, 05:07 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,550,882 times
Quote:

The articles I linked in my first post addressed much of that.

Furthermore, how many armed off-duty soldiers are wandering the streets on any given day? Just because you found a picture showing a few of them does not mean they're widespread. If there were lots of them you should be able to find at least a few here and there on Google street view, but I have yet to find any.

In the US, police officers wander around cities and drive on patrols armed with guns. Why do you think that's any different than off-duty soldiers in Israel wandering around with guns?

Everything I have read indicates that gun ownership - and even gun possession rates - are much lower in Israel than in the US. If the US suddenly adopted Israel's gun laws, the NRA crowd would soon find themselves screaming, "Second Amendment! Second Amendment!" at the top of their lungs once they figured out what that really meant.

Go ahead and copy Israel's gun laws. Make my day.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:08 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,167,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Video games have a much higher market penetration in Japan. Try again.

Also, you probably should give Tzvi Lev credit for the OP, don't you think?

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/A...cle.aspx/21714
Yes Tzvi Lev should have full credit for the article....which all of you seem to hate. ......I thought it was rather well done.....

Old 02-26-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Everything I have read indicates that gun ownership - and even gun possession rates - are much lower in Israel than in the US.
Not that I need to state any more than I already have, but if what I've already pointed out wasn't enough, hopefully this will really drive home my point:

Estimated number of guns per capita by country
United States - 101 guns per 100 residents
Israel - 7.3 guns per 100 residents

I mean, it's almost funny watching the NRA crowd here tout how great Israel's gun laws are, and how widespread gun ownership rates are there, but when you actually look at the stats it makes Israel look like the NRA's worst nightmare!

Old 02-26-2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:
The articles I linked in my first post addressed much of that.

Furthermore, how many armed off-duty soldiers are wandering the streets on any given day? Just because you found a picture showing a few of them does not mean they're widespread. If there were lots of them you should be able to find at least a few here and there on Google street view, but I have yet to find any.
Because I'm Israeli and I know what i'm talking about. I don't know when those pics were taken, but I guess not on the weekend, and not in a secular area. Go to Israel and see by yourself.

Quote:
In the US, police officers wander around cities and drive on patrols armed with guns. Why do you think that's any different than off-duty soldiers in Israel wandering around with guns?
Police officers in US are going through a heavy vetting. In Israel about 50% of the population is going through the military and have access to battlefield military grade firearm at least few years of their lives. Half of the population!
Quote:
Everything I have read indicates that gun ownership - and even gun possession rates - are much lower in Israel than in the US. If the US suddenly adopted Israel's gun laws, the NRA crowd would soon find themselves screaming, "Second Amendment! Second Amendment!" at the top of their lungs once they figured out what that really meant.

Go ahead and copy Israel's gun laws. Make my day.
The gun laws are irrelevant, because you have the soldiers and the Arabs that are out of the statistics.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:43 PM

46,972 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Yes Tzvi Lev should have full credit for the article....which all of you seem to hate. ......I thought it was rather well done.....
It's considered good form to provide a link before one's plagiarism is pointed out by a third party. Just sayin'...

Old 02-26-2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Not that I need to state any more than I already have, but if what I've already pointed out wasn't enough, hopefully this will really drive home my point:

Estimated number of guns per capita by country
United States - 101 guns per 100 residents
Israel - 7.3 guns per 100 residents

I mean, it's almost funny watching the NRA crowd here tout how great Israel's gun laws are, and how widespread gun ownership rates are there, but when you actually look at the stats it makes Israel look like the NRA's worst nightmare!
It's not, because you are not taking the soldiers into account. You know 18-21, young and hot headed, the age of the murderers in USA.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:47 PM

46,972 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
It's not, because you are not taking the soldiers into account. You know 18-21, young and hot headed, the age of the murderers in USA.
Makes one wonder if perhaps a spot of mandatory military training would do wonders for the young (and many not-so-young) men in the US.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Then you are suggesting it's not the number of guns on the streets, but more along the lines of giving youth something to do besides getting angry at their school. That is, more of a cultural thing. Which I might even agree with.

You can quadruple and even quintuple the number of Israeli guns from that statistic to take into account the soldiers, and you're still going to get a much, much lower rate of guns in Israel than in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies