Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 01:07 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
again, he's free to spend whatever, as long as he gets Congressional approval over 5K, which he did not. This is the issue.

The receipts have been submitted to Congress. They total less than $4000. For blinds in two offices.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:11 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,460,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The receipts have been submitted to Congress. They total less than $4000. For blinds in two offices.

so the 31K table and chairs was paid for with prayers?

Old 02-28-2018, 01:23 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
But, but, but--the brilliant Carson found $5 billion in an audit, and it was all Obama's fault. The alt-right made him a hero.

Can't they take it out of that?--oh yeah--it was fake news.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ksfor-hud.html

Old 02-28-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
so the 31K table and chairs was paid for with prayers?
I don't know what budget that came out of, but it wasn't for his personal office. It was for general use within the entire HUD building it's located in. It replaced furniture that was, according to documents, unable to be repaired any more.

It was for a conference room. It was a conference table, conference table chairs, and a hutch, and it stays whether he stays or goes. Neither Carson nor his wife requested that the former 50 year old table be replaced in the 1960s era suite it was placed in.

The fact that so many news media sources continue to imply that it was for Ben Carson's "dining room" says nothing good about their take or slant on the topic. It isn't dining room furniture, it didn't go in Ben Carson's dining room or his private office, and he didn't order it.

Neither Ben Carson nor his wife picked it out, ordered it, or even knew about the purchase till recently. He furnished his own office with furniture from the HUD basement, furniture bought and stored long ago.

Just for the record.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:47 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,460,058 times
Quote:
I don't know what budget that came out of, but it wasn't for his personal office. It was for general use within the entire HUD building it's located in. It replaced furniture that was, according to documents, unable to be repaired any more.

It was for a conference room. It was a conference table, conference table chairs, and a hutch, and it stays whether he stays or goes. Neither Carson nor his wife requested that the former 50 year old table be replaced in the 1960s era suite it was placed in.

Ben Carson did not pick out or order this furniture and in fact did not even know it had been purchased till recently. He furnished his own office with furniture from the HUD basement, furniture bought and stored long ago.

Just for the record.

and he was required to get congressional approval for it and didn't, although now I see you're simply being obtuse here if you really believe neither he nor his wife was involved here.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
and he was required to get congressional approval for it and didn't, although now I see you're simply being obtuse here if you really believe neither he nor his wife was involved here.
Do you have any evidence that Ben Carson or his wife even knew about this conference room furniture that was ordered for a conference room used by the entire HUD building? That's a serious question, because I can't find any evidence that points to that.

How could he get congressional approval for that if it wasn't even for his office and he didn't know about it? Do you really think that Ben Carson is involved in ordering conference room furniture for the building? I sure hope not.

You do realize that the room in question had not been redecorated since the 1960s, right? I mean, I think that the government in general, including HUD and most government bureaucrats (probably including Carson), is terrible at fiscal management and is too slap happy with tax payer dollars, and probably spends too much money on just about everything, but after getting bids for painting my dining room, stairway, and office for $8,000 nothing much surprises me anymore.

Don't stoop to personal insults by the way. It's a tell.

Old 02-28-2018, 02:06 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
Damn. I can’t believe this man is ruining his legacy like this.

Old 02-28-2018, 02:10 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Do you have any evidence that Ben Carson or his wife even knew about this conference room furniture that was ordered for a conference room used by the entire HUD building? That's a serious question, because I can't find any evidence that points to that.

How could he get congressional approval for that if it wasn't even for his office and he didn't know about it? Do you really think that Ben Carson is involved in ordering conference room furniture for the building? I sure hope not.

You do realize that the room in question had not been redecorated since the 1960s, right? I mean, I think that the government in general, including HUD and most government bureaucrats (probably including Carson), is terrible at fiscal management and is too slap happy with tax payer dollars, and probably spends too much money on just about everything, but after getting bids for painting my dining room, stairway, and office for $8,000 nothing much surprises me anymore.

Don't stoop to personal insults by the way. It's a tell.
It's used by the entire HUD building? I was under the impression it was a dining set for Carson's office. While I think it's perfectly reasonable for a cabinet secretary to want to redecorate his office/suite, I also believe that the $5,000 budget cap is reasonable. A custom-made dining set seems a bit excessive when it comes to government offices.

Old 02-28-2018, 02:26 PM

3,840 posts, read 3,069,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Watching the blatant racism of the lefties is disgusting. Attack the Black guy whenever possible, high-five!

DEMS don't like blacks leaving their plantation and getting themselves nice comfortable chairs.

Old 02-28-2018, 02:51 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Damn. I can’t believe this man is ruining his legacy like this.
Well, after the whole "great pyramids are grain silos" thing, I dunno.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.