Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2018, 10:45 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
She’s trying to rally the black folks troops to come out for the 2020 election, like they did for Obama. Nothing like the promise of free money to get blacks off their butts and go to the voting booths.
It was Trump who just looted the Treasury for "free money".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 10:46 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,003,036 times
Maxine Waters is a complete nut job, there isn't a person alive today who was a slave, that is unless they are 153 years old. If we dig far enough in the past we may most likely find that many of our ancestors were slaves and one point, do we go after reparations for that? When are we going to say enough is enough, let's stop playing the slavery card, it doesn't apply in this day and age.

Old 03-08-2018, 10:58 AM

15,973 posts, read 7,036,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How about if every group used the public assistance resources at the same rate, so there's less basis for resentment from the federal income taxpayers who are forced to fund it?

The groups using disproportionately more than their fair share:

Democrat voters
Independent voters
Blacks
Hispanics
Women, predominantly single mothers with children

For reference:

The politics and demographics of food stamp recipients | Pew Research Center
Food stamps are for the poor and the poor has no color or gender or age. There is nothing fair or unfair of this "share" of poverty, it is not some gold medal. Amazing how some minds work. Tell us more about how you propose aportioning it. What portion will the children get?

Old 03-08-2018, 11:15 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It has to be seen to be believed.

Maxine Waters promises Reparations for Blacks if Democrats take back control of Washington.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=MflTiiNASHM

Here We Go=> Maxine Waters Promises 'Reparations" if Democrats Take Presidency in 2020 (VIDEO)
GOOD! They should be sure and put that in their platform, along with Gun Banning for Election in 2018 and 2020. I've never seen such an Out of Touch bunch with the American People.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:17 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
GOOD! They should be sure and put that in their platform, along with Gun Banning for Election in 2018 and 2020. I've never seen such an Out of Touch bunch with the American People.

I do feel bad for that poor individual who asked her about reparations. Clearly someone who truly believes he is a victim of American society and is "entitled" to compensation for his very unfair life.

Democrats love that and promote it.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:07 PM

89,034 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
She’s trying to rally the black folks troops to come out for the 2020 election, like they did for Obama. Nothing like the promise of free money to get blacks off their butts and go to the voting booths.
In Chicago, the Dems' "get out the vote" crew bribes them with free cigarettes and free booze to get in the big passenger vans or buses that shuttle them to the polls and back on election day.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Food stamps are for the poor and the poor has no color or gender or age.
Actually, they DO disproportionately share certain characteristics. I listed them, and so did Pew Research.

Democrat voters
Independent voters
Blacks
Hispanics
Women, predominantly single mothers with children

For reference:

The politics and demographics of food stamp recipients | Pew Research Center

It is no coincidence that bad decision-making skills frequently results in poverty.

Quote:
Tell us more about how you propose aportioning it. What portion will the children get?
Whatever their parents earn. Part of being a parent is having to make decisions. Can you afford to support a child? Yes? Have one. Can't afford it? DON'T have one. It's NOT the responsibility of the rest of us to pay to raise other people's kids.

See what I mean about bad decision-making?

Last edited by InformedConsent; 03-08-2018 at 12:21 PM..

Old 03-08-2018, 12:24 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Maxine Waters is a complete nut job, there isn't a person alive today who was a slave, that is unless they are 153 years old. If we dig far enough in the past we may most likely find that many of our ancestors were slaves and one point, do we go after reparations for that? When are we going to say enough is enough, let's stop playing the slavery card, it doesn't apply in this day and age.
No one is taking Waters seriously. But to address your post...my ancestors were not enslaved in the U.S. but we’re enslaved. They never received reparations. However, I’m not against African-Americans receiving land or some other form of reparations for their ancestors’ enslavement, displacement and for the effects of Jim Crow. I honestly don’t get why people are so bothered by that. You are not entitled to everything.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
No one is taking Waters seriously. But to address your post...my ancestors were not enslaved in the U.S. but we’re enslaved. They never received reparations. However, I’m not against African-Americans receiving land or some other form of reparations for their ancestors’ enslavement, displacement and for the effects of Jim Crow. I honestly don’t get why people are so bothered by that. You are not entitled to everything.
Should they also get reparations specifically from Democrats for their modern-day Jim Crow?

Chicago: America's most segregated city - CNN

Chicago Isn't Just Segregated, It Basically Invented Modern Segregation - Chicago Magazine

The most segregated schools may not be in the states you’d expect - The Washington Post

Democrats were and still are the most pervasive racists.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:39 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
No one is taking Waters seriously......
Those audience in the OP video was certainly taking her seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies