Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 03:49 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Good lord. At least you are honest.
So you agree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 03:56 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
reparations are crazy. mad maxine is crazy.
She didn't invent it, it's something that had been done on other countries albeit in a minor scale. I don't agree with it on principle, besides that it's not implementable. That doesn't mean she can't sponsor a bill, that will go nowhere.

Old 03-06-2018, 04:22 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nobody was taken off the ballots. And even that is sure as hell a lot more choice than what the Democrats had.
I didn't even vote in the primaries because I was disgusted with the choices, but I had a pretty big red pill moment when I watched that campaign rally in San Jose and the police just standing around watching it. Yeah, I don't want those idiots in power anymore. And even though I prefer some moderate Democrats over the really far right candidates, I'm still not voting for them because I don't trust a one of them.

Old 03-06-2018, 10:23 PM

292 posts, read 245,216 times
And if this cray cray old cat lady was to get those reparations for past slavery through, here is a few things to consider.

1.) Have each and every Negro who receives a check endorse the check and send it straight up to Michigan and into the Greater Detroit Coffers!

A. Why? Because Detroit was one of the stops along the underground railway for negro slaves who escaped.....since those Frenchies in Detroit took in said escaped slaves and gave them a place to live and a fresh start at a new life, they should pay those people, those very same people back!

B. Some of those very same slaves who set up a new life in Detroit did not, it seems, instill in the next generations the work ethic of which was needed to prosper in life. Keep in mind part of the reason that the ex- slaves were welcomed into the area was that there was a need for workers in the area. Most of this was manual labor, especially blue collar type work...which offered a future that was not available in the southern states at that time. Many ex-slaves had these skills, so it was a fit.

Also, how about a genetics background check to make sure those said ex-slaves actually hale from families that were brought over and sold into slavery? Contrary to popular mythology and current urban myth, many Nergos have come to the USA from other countries, and had no ancestral connections to slavery here.

Lastly look into who actually rounded up African Negros and sold them into slavery...you might be amazed....nobody from the USA sent ships over to Africa, headed out into the dark continent and rounded up local Bantu's into slavery. And it was mostly the Bantu's who were rounded up. Why?
Well....they were large and very very strong.....but as far as Intellect went, not too smart to the ways of the world...especially to the ways of the more, how should we say this? More educated African Nergos ( who were typically from opposing Muslim and other religious identity tribes) Arabs and other northern African and middle eastern ethnic groups. People who took advantage of a native culture which lived a sort of ancient lifestyle on the dark continent, the Bantu.

That's right, Many Muslim Africans and middle Easterners were the predominant slave traders...so do ring them up and inquire about reparations from them, would you?

And when you do.... would you do me a favor?

Ring me up on this very forum

Why? Because I am a multi-racial/ethnicity person who has ancestors who descended from slaves...ancestors who were European indentured servants and African Slaves.

But....I do not expect reparations from human beings who had absolutely no hand in any of the decisions regarding slavery.....simply because they were not alive on this Earth to make those choices.

If you chose to force reparations upon a group of citizens who had absolutely no hand in slavery, then it is only just and fair to forward those payments to one of the largest cities in the nation of which has suffered due to Negro crime and neglect.......Detroit.

You are being played by your political actors......played for your vote, played for your inability remember history and lack of desire to reason this out.

They DO NOT give one rats ar$e about you.....They.Are.Using.You.

Do you want to be played "yet again" by those who are above you, both in status and wits, then go ahead.......fall for it!

And be used and abused " yet again" ( shaking head, and shrugging shoulders)

Those who refuse to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it.

Last edited by Celiene61; 03-06-2018 at 10:40 PM..

Old 03-07-2018, 06:58 AM

89,033 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
It has to be seen to be believed.

Maxine Waters promises Reparations for Blacks if Democrats take back control of Washington.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=MflTiiNASHM

Here We Go=> Maxine Waters Promises 'Reparations" if Democrats Take Presidency in 2020 (VIDEO)
Ah... I see... Don't you DARE stereotype all Blacks as dine-and-dashers in a restaurant so have them pay up front (Chinese restaurant thread), but stereotype all Whites as slave owners who owe reparations.

Pound sand!, crazy Maxine.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:04 AM

18,499 posts, read 9,167,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Facts make you uncomfortable, I see. Its a hard life.
I don’t get my “facts” from White Nationalist websites.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:06 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,086,246 times
Quote:
They still can't seem to figure out why they lost the national election.
Well give it time. Every day more mentally ill people in the US. The majority of them vote Dem.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:07 AM

89,033 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
She’s trying to rally the black folks troops to come out for the 2020 election, like they did for Obama. Nothing like the promise of free money to get blacks off their butts and go to the voting booths.
There aren't enough of them to elect Maxine. And after years of being taught and conditioned to "hate whitey," a white Dem candidate can't win, either. Hello? Hillary? Can you hear me now?

This is just more of the same. Reverend Wright, Obama's spiritual advisor and pastor of his "hate whitey" church for 20+ years, Obama's selection of a "kill whitey" artist for his official Smithsonian Presidential Portrait, and Obama's buddy Louis Farrakhan just recently uttering: "White folks are going down. And Satan is going down."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/28/polit...ech/index.html

You can't just ignore the common "hate/kill whitey" expressed theme amongst all of them. There's a race war bubbling to the surface, for sure, but the hatred is not coming from whites.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:14 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Blah blah...no one is looking for any such thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Blacks have been getting reparations for generations now. It’s called all the freebies the government has doled out.
Really? I’m the first generation born in the U.S. so my family has gotten no such thing. It has nothing to do with us and we work for what we have. Furthermore, generational Black people in the U.S. are only getting what was given to whites for years prior. That’s not reparations. That’s equality. The U.S. is simply less backward than it used to be and some folks want the “good ole days” when they got more than others based on their (white) skin color. Time to get over it and work hard like everyone else.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:16 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
She didn't invent it, it's something that had been done on other countries albeit in a minor scale. I don't agree with it on principle, besides that it's not implementable. That doesn't mean she can't sponsor a bill, that will go nowhere.
it doesn't matter whether she invented it or not. she agrees with it and just promised to push for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies