Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 05:21 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,333,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It's not my idea of a precondition. It's Trump's idea.

If a member of Team Blue was selling it as a precondition you'd be buying it too.

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not a statist.
You:
Bring up the points. I'll get my Freud on and help you out.

This is fun.

Me:
At about 1.06 min the female host asked the question: Why would they think this is a group they could do business with? Right after that segment is another woman saying: "Those that hate us will always hate us. that is never going to go away."
Rate this post positively

Hey, you didn't respond. I was all excited to have you go Amish Freud on me. Oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 05:26 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
You:
Bring up the points. I'll get my Freud on and help you out.

This is fun.

Me:
At about 1.06 min the female host asked the question: Why would they think this is a group they could do business with? Right after that segment is another woman saying: "Those that hate us will always hate us. that is never going to go away."
Rate this post positively

Hey, you didn't respond. I was all excited to have you go Amish Freud on me. Oh well.
I don't know what your point is here.

Cons reacted to Obama saying he would meet with enemies minus any preconditions.

Trump and his Fox cons view NK initiating contact as a precondition. And it is...if you're a statist or have the maturity/principles of an 11-year-old (which are pretty much the same).

Where do you want me to comment next?

Old 03-17-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
I don't know what your point is here.

Cons reacted to Obama saying he would meet with enemies minus any preconditions.

Trump and his Fox cons view NK initiating contact as a precondition. And it is...if you're a statist or have the maturity/principles of an 11-year-old (which are pretty much the same).

Where do you want me to comment next?
I understood that commentary I directed you to to mean that it was pointless to meet with NK at all. Not under the right circumstances but under any circumstances.

Old 03-17-2018, 05:45 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I understood that commentary I directed you to to mean that it was pointless to meet with NK at all. Not under the right circumstances but under any circumstances.
I suppose I can give you that one as a con (whoever it was) being hypocritical. Most of them were critical of the no preconditions part though.

Again, Trump and his supporters are selling NK making the first move as a precondition. It has merit in a juvenile/statist framework.

I'm not even that interested in this witch hunt. Liberals have been insanely off with 99.9% of their Trump criticism which is pretty amazing considering Trump's personality/imperfections.

Then you have the Libs attacking Trump from the traditional Right's POV with the whole Russia thing...it's quite comical.

I've always worried about the Left's mental health as a whole. Since the rise of Trump they have been completely unhinged. TDS apparently has no cure.

Old 03-17-2018, 05:58 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,223,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
What a great video!! Thank you!

Old 03-17-2018, 06:01 PM

Quote:
I suppose I can give you that one as a con (whoever it was) being hypocritical. Most of them were critical of the no preconditions part though.

Again, Trump and his supporters are selling NK making the first move as a precondition. It has merit in a juvenile/statist framework.

I'm not even that interested in this witch hunt. Liberals have been insanely off with 99.9% of their Trump criticism which is pretty amazing considering Trump's personality/imperfections.

Then you have the Libs attacking Trump from the traditional Right's POV with the whole Russia thing...it's quite comical.

I've always worried about the Left's mental health as a whole. Since the rise of Trump they have been completely unhinged. TDS apparently has no cure.
Well we saw the same thing then you just missed it the first time around is all.

What is TDS?

Edit: Hardeharhar: Trump Derangement Syndrome knock off of Obama Derangement Syndrome

I'm always suspicious of people that paint their distractors as mentally ill. ODS is not something I would have been OK with even as a Lib. People have different viewpoints. I think we should be very careful with calling people "insane" "mentally ill" just because they disagree. It can be used for manipulation as cited below. We're ALL Americans, TDS or ODS or apathy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politi...e_Soviet_Union

Last edited by L8Gr8Apost8; 03-17-2018 at 06:13 PM..

Old 03-17-2018, 06:13 PM

26,512 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Fox News is about affirming conservatives.

MSNBC is about affirming liberals (MSNBC does this kind of thing too).

However, your video is not comprehending an obvious point or it is lying for partisan gain.

Obama said that he would meet with North Korea's leaders without preconditions. Many of the conservatives were clearly criticizing Obama for saying "no preconditions" and was even included in the video. Trump said he needs preconditions.

Some will be too hyper partisan to comprehend the difference.

Quote:
Despite the White House’s dramatic Thursday evening announcement of President Trump’s decision to accept a meeting invitation from North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un, the historic summit between two feuding leaders is far from a certain occurrence.

White House officials have stressed that Trump will not sit down with Kim until Pyongyang meets a set of preconditions, but aides have declined to specify what those preconditions might entail.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/t...rticle/2651222

Quote:
QUESTION: In the spirit of…bold leadership, would you be willing to meet separately, without precondition, during the first year of your administration, in Washington or anywhere else, with the leaders of Iran, Syria, Venezuela, Cuba and North Korea, in order to bridge the gap that divides our countries?

OBAMA: I would. And the reason is this, that the notion that somehow not talking to countries is punishment to them — which has been the guiding diplomatic principle of this administration – is ridiculous.
https://www.nationalreview.com/blog/...on-byron-york/

Old 03-17-2018, 06:13 PM

30,392 posts, read 19,184,321 times
There are idiots and hypocrites at Fox News, just far fewer than the number of idiots and level of hypocrisy you see at Certifiably not News (CNN), MSNBC, PBS, ABC, CBS, et al.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
There are idiots and hypocrites at Fox News, just far fewer than the number of idiots and level of hypocrisy you see at Certifiably not News (CNN), MSNBC, PBS, ABC, CBS, et al.
We agree on the main point we just disagree with which channels have the majority of idiots. I can live with that.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:20 PM

26,512 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Didn't NK make the first move?

I think that's the difference.
The difference is, at least for many of the conservatives...Obama said he would meet with dictators without preconditions. Trump said he needed preconditions.

There is a difference.

I don't necessarily mind meeting with a dictator without preconditions per se and do think Obama was unfairly criticized for that willingness. However, you can clearly hear some of the conservatives in the video criticizing Obama for not having "preconditions." Trump has stated that there will be preconditions.

This nuance will be too difficult for TDS sufferers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies