Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2018, 07:06 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,357,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
On paper Marxism might be great, but in practice it fails miserable every single time. Like past generation, you are more than willing to believe that somehow it will work now.

Trying to do the same thing over and over expecting different results.

There are just some laws of human nature that will never change, no matter how much you wish it to.

Being an optimist I'll point out how it is the other half who will believe complete BS, while pretending to understand it.
Even on paper it doesn't work, which is why it can't work in practice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 07:11 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
They were democrats. Know you history please.
I do. The Democrats and the republicans swapped camps in 1964 when LBJ signed Civil rights legislation. Google "Southern Strategy" for details. Harry Dent and Strom Thurmond led the Southern Democrats over to the republican side of the aisle. Harry trained Lee Atwater who trained KKKarl Rove. Lee called his opponents when he was dying from a brain tumor to apologize to them.

The democrats before and during the Civil War were the racists, conservative slave owners, the Confederates - the Alt-right of their day.

Last edited by cuebald; 03-21-2018 at 07:36 PM..

Old 03-21-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
On paper Marxism might be great, but in practice it fails miserable every single time. Like past generation, you are more than willing to believe that somehow it will work now.

Trying to do the same thing over and over expecting different results.

There are just some laws of human nature that will never change, no matter how much you wish it to.

Being an optimist I'll point out how it is the other half who will believe complete BS, while pretending to understand it.

What is the Party of Lincoln?

I can't believe so many people are so easily told to believe such utter nonsense, and they actually share it with us. Oh man, this is so sad.
Lincoln was a republican then. Today he would be called a "Democrat".

Old 03-21-2018, 07:14 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,571,630 times
Also, if you know your history, you know that central market planning is a joke, and a "dictatorship of the proletariat" cannot overcome the forces of economics. Every so-called communist state has amounted to some form of state-capitalism.

Old 03-21-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
That logic just shocks me. A group of people writes something down on paper, and regardless of what that is, you must obey or you're at fault?
It wouldn't shock you if you'd ever taken a Civics or Policital Science class.

Old 03-21-2018, 07:16 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Lincoln was a republican then. Today he would be called a "Democrat".
Prove it!

The way welfare has become the new slavery I'd say the Dems are still the masta's. They ignore Federal law just as the Confederates did. California progressives are actively trying to secede, just as the Confederates did.

I'm sorry, but you have been deluded into believe a lie. Just because it makes you feel warm and fuzzy doesn't make it the truth.

Ask yourself why?

Old 03-21-2018, 07:34 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,357,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It wouldn't shock you if you'd ever taken a Civics or Policital Science class.
They teach terrible ideas.

"Class, if those people in Washington tell you to punch an old lady in the face and you don't, you're the bad guy."

Old 03-21-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Prove it!

The way welfare has become the new slavery I'd say the Dems are still the masta's. They ignore Federal law just as the Confederates did. California progressives are actively trying to secede, just as the Confederates did.

I'm sorry, but you have been deluded into believe a lie. Just because it makes you feel warm and fuzzy doesn't make it the truth.

Ask yourself why?
I already did. See post #192, and google "Southern Strategy", which was Nixon's plan to appeal to the racist instincts of the republicans to win their votes. Kevin Phillips is commonly thought to have authored it, but it was actually Harry Dent's idea. Kevin was just the PR man for it.

Your turn. Prove me wrong.

Old 03-21-2018, 07:35 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
When you truly know your history, you are aware of historical context. Everyone knows who the erstwhile "Solid South" backs nowadays.
Not backing the racist democrats. I know that much.

Old 03-21-2018, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
They teach terrible ideas.

"Class, if those people in Washington tell you to punch an old lady in the face and you don't, you're the bad guy."
I rest my case. You never had either course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies