Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 08:04 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,284,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Many do believe it. I've seen it stated confidently and matter-of-factly on a lot of right wing sites. They fully expect construction on the wall to begin tomorrow, because Trump said it would. It's hilarious how they still believe him.

No doubt. It’s been posted here numerous times.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:05 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,737,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Interesting. So, why do you think Trump didn’t follow through with his veto threat?
Ryan/McConnell sat him down and explained how a veto would worsen the odds of keeping the R congressional majority.

OR - golf.

5,993 posts, read 3,732,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You can fool some of the people all of the time.
The Trump base are those people.

Quote:
You can fool some of the people all of the time.
I imagine it’s like taking candy from a stupid baby.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:06 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,796,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Pretty much.

But I'm not so sure that the Rs could have passed the bill on their own. I don't see either Ryan or McConnell giving up an inch to the Ds unless they felt forced to, and the only way they would have felt forced to is if they couldn't put a bill together with just Rs.

There's a reason why this bill was fast-tracked behind the scenes, and I think a good guess is that Ryan/McConnell DON'T want the world to know how fragmented the Rs actually are.
So the two major pieces of legislation passed so far is a huge payday tax scam that runs up the national debt and a huge omnibus spending bill that runs up the national debt.

Going to be hard for Republicans to run on "fiscal responsibility" and lowering the national debt.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Golf.

-OR-

The Democrats made him sign it.

-OR-

He's got some dastardly plan up his sleeve that we don't know about yet, but boy are we going to be surprised!

-OR-

Golf.

I'm going with the first and the last answer.
Oh yeah, what was it... 3-D chess?

Old 03-25-2018, 08:11 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,737,785 times
Quote:
So the two major pieces of legislation passed so far is a huge payday tax scam that runs up the national debt and a huge omnibus spending bill that runs up the national debt.

Going to be hard for Republicans to run on "fiscal responsibility" and lowering the national debt.
I know there are some folks who still believe this propaganda, but I can't imagine why. There's literally decades of experience to show that most Congressional Rs don't care about it.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:13 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,069,613 times
Quote:

No, it's not going to be hard at all for the Republicans to sell their base on the fantasy that they are still (were they ever??) the party of fiscal responsibility even after these huge bills. We've read enough right wing posts here to know they're suckers for the GOP's slogans. Most still believe the GOP is the party of family values, despite what's sitting in the White House right now.

You can't fix stupid.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:13 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,253,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
He SIGNED the bill. He could have vetoed it (as he threatened). He could have gotten a 2 week extension on the short term spending, and worked to get a bill that kept at least one promise he made to his base.

But he had to get out of town, had a Friday tee time in Florida.
I would bet money that is why he signed the bill. He knew he would be stuck in DC if he didn't sign it.
He did NOT want to be there for the protest march, so left Friday. He even changed his motorcade route in Palm Beach to avoid seeing those protesters. And Melania is staying for the week...tic tock - 60 Minutes.

So he really really wanted out of town. His base really needs to realize just how short-sighted, small-minded and superficial this guy is.

He will disappoint them again. He did not think twice about ignoring his base to make himself feel better.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:17 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,153,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
America needs a third major party.
It would be racked with the same divisions over “god, guns, and gays” that dominate our politics now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies