Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 11:08 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
A decision that was vindicated by the nation-wide confiscations that followed, right? Oh, wait...
No, it was more of a worry that they would no longer be available to be sold.

It didn't turn out that way but you know what they say about insurance......

"Once you have it , you don't need it.".

Old 03-24-2018, 11:10 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post

You see odanny, I don't own weapons because I am afraid to live my life or because I live in fear for my life. I own weapons so that I am prepared should the need to have them ever arise. It's really no different than stocking your shelves before a storm, or leaving the faucet running a little to prevent your pipes from freezing. You don't do these things because you are absolutely sure that the coming storm will threaten your life. You do them so that you are prepared should things turn for the worst.
That's the same reason I own guns. The difference is I don't run to the gun store every time intelligent, articulate, and passionate teenagers stand up and speak out about gun violence, nor do I oppose common sense regulations on being able to purchase firearms. I think it should be difficult to purchase a firearm, and that one should have extensive background checks required to do so. That way those people like the Va. Tech shooter, the Parkland shooter, the Columbine shooters, might be prevented from purchasing these weapons. Doing nothing is not working.

A lot of gun owners go ballistic when the mere mention of sensible gun regulation is brought up. I'm not one of them.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:13 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,122,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Beta males are all those fearful, pot bellied rednecks who think they need an AR-15 to feel safe. Real men are not scared all the time.
Beta males white knight to women and virtue signal to minorities because they are sexist and racist.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:16 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
I know he's passionate about what he is doing and I believe he's genuine. This said, I think he is too emotional. He doesn't really know what he is talking about majority of the time. (In my opinion only, of course)

I found him to be a little annoying.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
“Now you wanna run around talkin' bout guns
Like I ain't got none; what, you think I sold 'em all”

-Millionaire Rapper Dr Dre
"What you know about AK's and AR-15's
Equipped with night vision, shell catchers and inf-beams, huh?" -- 50 Cent, "Wanksta"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShOQQOy5pf8

Old 03-24-2018, 11:18 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
"What you know about AK's and AR-15's
Equipped with night vision, shell catchers and inf-beams, huh?" -- 50 Cent, "Wanksta"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShOQQOy5pf8
If he’s such an enthusiast and his guns are legal then why isn’t he speaking up for his 2nd amendment rights ?

I think I know why .

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
That's the same reason I own guns. The difference is I don't run to the gun store every time intelligent, articulate, and passionate teenagers stand up and speak out about gun violence, nor do I oppose common sense regulations on being able to purchase firearms. I think it should be difficult to purchase a firearm, and that one should have extensive background checks required to do so. That way those people like the Va. Tech shooter, the Parkland shooter, the Columbine shooters, might be prevented from purchasing these weapons. Doing nothing is not working.

A lot of gun owners go ballistic when the mere mention of sensible gun regulation is brought up. I'm not one of them.
I don't know.

It is very nice that all I have to do is show my "CHL" to buy a gun (and fill out one page of forms) but on the other hand, consider the cost and effort I went through to get that piece of plastic.

As my first CHL instructor noted, "The cop who brings you up on his computer should realize that you went through a more thorough background check than what he had to in order to be a police man.".

Is that what we want to require of citizens so they can use their rights?

2,951 posts, read 2,520,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Freud had an opinion on men afraid of weapons...
LOL! Freud was a paranoid coke head. Look it up.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
College educated voters are leaving the GOP in droves. There's a reason for it: it's not possible to be elected as a republican without being anti intellectual or engaging in conspiracy theory peddling.

The fact is that the GOP lives in fantasy land where tax cuts balance budgets and everything that ever goes wrong is blamed on the deep state
Entrepreneurs, investors, tech inventors, and other people with drive and creativity are overwhelmingly libertarian. They don't subscribe to political partisan ideology.

THAT is the future.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:22 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
And yet the enlightened left coddles criminals, is ok with the murder of 700k babies each year, and loves 189 genders.

I don't think anyone is okay with murdering babies.

700K each year? Only about 4 million babies are born each year in the United States, you think almost 1/4 of those babies are murdered? Every year? that's like 2,000 babies each day being murdered... Seems like something the media would be reporting on more. Is the US murder rate even that high???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies