Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2018, 11:33 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Ummm....abortion
Oh, you didnt actually mean babies. You just wanted to be dramatic. Gotcha!

Old 03-24-2018, 11:34 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,444,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Entrepreneurs, investors, tech inventors, and other people with drive and creativity are overwhelmingly libertarian. They don't subscribe to political partisan ideology.

THAT is the future.
I would not deny that they are libertarian but most libertarians i meet are fairly intelligent. They don't constantly peddle conspiracy theories and live in a fantasy world like Republicans. Republicans are anti intellectual and almost constantly angry. Just read the their posts on this site....it's all conspiracy theories all the time

Old 03-24-2018, 11:36 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Quote:
Entrepreneurs, investors, tech inventors, and other people with drive and creativity are overwhelmingly libertarian. They don't subscribe to political partisan ideology.

THAT is the future.
Silicon Valley at least today is super liberal though .

Old 03-24-2018, 11:37 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,124,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
You guys can't face reality. No wonder right wingers cling to conspiracy theories.
You mean like the "fake news" from all the big MSM outlets and papers that said Shillary had a 98% chance of winning for months.?

That reality?

19,029 posts, read 14,213,258 times
There are two reasons to ban guns, assault or otherwise:
1) Fear of guns, and
2) Fear of guns.

The first reason is that they're scary, so let's ban them to feel safe - just not from predators.
The second reason is that you're a predator (or their ally), and you don't like it when prey shoot back at you.

The real beneficiary of disarmament is the predator, not his prey.

Quote:
*you're and you're

Law and order is for Statist losers. It was a pretty good TV show, though.
Republicans always complain about minority politicians who are corrupt but when it comes down to Trump, they think it's funny or claim it's all made up by some shadowy conspiracy group like the deep state.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:38 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,199,992 times
David Hogg and his friends are the real alpha males making change happen. The female students in the movement are just as courageous. They could have opted for long term trauma recovery after that horrific shooting, but rolled up their sleeves to get their message out. Because of them, a staunch Republican Florida governor, Rick Scott, signed stricter gun control legislation recently. The NRA underestimated these students and filed a desperate lawsuit against Florida that will hopefully be dismissed on arrival by a knowledgeable, sensible judge.

Some of the students met with Donald Trump and also held a town hall meeting that even included an NRA spokeswomen. There will be several more town hall meetings. You calling them names (ignorant, etc) will not stop their progress. Probably amuses them instead. Expect several Congress people in the midterm elections to lose if they take them lightly.

Last edited by chessgeek; 03-24-2018 at 11:50 PM..

Old 03-24-2018, 11:39 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
That's the same reason I own guns. The difference is I don't run to the gun store every time intelligent, articulate, and passionate teenagers stand up and speak out about gun violence, nor do I oppose common sense regulations on being able to purchase firearms. I think it should be difficult to purchase a firearm, and that one should have extensive background checks required to do so. That way those people like the Va. Tech shooter, the Parkland shooter, the Columbine shooters, might be prevented from purchasing these weapons. Doing nothing is not working.

A lot of gun owners go ballistic when the mere mention of sensible gun regulation is brought up. I'm not one of them.
I have never owned a firearm of any kind, and never fired one outside a college rifle class taken to satisfy a Phys Ed requirement; due to genetic physical issues, I know I'll always be a poor shot.

But I live in a community where sport hunting is a tradition, and where most young men obtain a deer license in their teens (after a mandatory hunter-safety course). My town is home to a gunsmithing operation which manufactures high-accuracy rifles for Olympic target-shooting competition.

So in the unlikely event that the Chicken Littles make a serious attempt to outlaw private possession of firearms, I'll know where to go, and I'll have enough sense to maintain only one weapon -- likely a pistol for threats anticipated in close quarters, and kept on safety and under lock and key, save in immediate emergency conditions. And I sincerely hope that it never comes to that.

And I've heard some of my neighbors say on more than one occasion that while they might register a gun or two in the event of being compelled by law, there will be plenty more Big Brother/Sister doesn't know about; there are probably more illegal guns in one block of parts of Chicago than there are in most upstate Pennsylvania counties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Yeah, nothing says "secure in one's masculinity" like placing other men in a variety of half-baked categories to bolster one's own sense of male superiority.
Which pretty much mirrors the aura of faux morality common to most SJWs

Old 03-24-2018, 11:39 PM

Quote:
You mean like the "fake news" from all the big MSM outlets and papers that said Shillary had a 98% chance of winning for months.?

That reality?
What does that have to do with anything. I don't like the Clinton's, didn't vote for Hillary, and think she was disgustingly corrupt.

But why do you guys always make excuses for Trump?

Old 03-24-2018, 11:41 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,628,150 times
Quote:
Ummm....abortion
but I thought you were for legal individual rights which the Supreme Court has ruled abortion to be !

So which immorality outrages you most?
Fetuses being terminated or living children being murdered in their classrooms by AR-15's?

I think we know the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies