Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 08:19 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Does mocking a child make you feel good about yourself?
To be fair--we do not know the age of the OP--he sounds like he might be a peer.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:21 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,290,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I also collect high end, mechanical watches, but I can only wear one at a time. How many should I be able to have based on my needs? A friend of mine collects classic cars. He can only drive one at a time. How many should he be able to have?

Different guns do different things based on caliber, and other features. There is no ONE GUN FITS ALL, so just to cover basic needs, especially if you hunt, target shoot, or keep for self defense requires several different types, and calibers.

I don’t know. I guess I’d consider it a problem when you go out and buy more watches and cars at every ringing of Pavlov’s bell.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:22 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Gun-nuts are weird. At some point, you have more guns than you or your family can use at any one time.

More than anything, you’re like bots lining the pockets of the NRA. I swear, they must have the best laugh over you guys.
So let the gun owners who need arsenals to feel secure go ahead and spend their money on making the gun industry richer. I don't really care how many guns 'gun collectors' need. They can sleep with them for all I care, and probably do.

Hogg isn't selling the guns or military grade weapons to the 3% of Americans who own over half the guns--paranoia is. Sad!

Old 03-25-2018, 08:25 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,076,143 times
The Hogg kid was born 70 years too late and in the wrong country. Germany would have loved him back then.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:28 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,099,160 times
Personal attacks won’t stop them. They don’t care what they get called.Those profiteering from gun sales are scared and they should be.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:29 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,235,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
I wonder how much money David Hogg has made since the incident I bet it pushing or over $200k
Proof please? It is wrong to spread such fake news with no backing whatsoever.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:30 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,279,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The Hogg kid was born 70 years too late and in the wrong country. Germany would have loved him back then.
Riiiight. Because all the modern countries that have strict gun regulations are secretly NAZIs and it's just coincidental irony that in this country it's the NAZIs that are the gun nuts. That's a winning take on it!

Old 03-25-2018, 08:31 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Say what? Hogg a bully? Lol. He looks like the kid who could get his arse kicked on the regular.
Really? Have you heard his recent video?

Old 03-25-2018, 08:31 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,099,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Proof please? It is wrong to spread such fake news with no backing whatsoever.
Is all they can do to try to discredit them. It won’t work because the younger generation doesn’t care. They are tired of the fake news and political parties attacking each other only to remain in power.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:33 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,072,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
They are still school kids. Young adults of voting age are being shot to death in colleges, too.

Who is ignorant? The targets, or some adult poking away on his computer safe and sound in his basement? If shooters begin targeting old fat guys, I don't think the kids would be called ignorant any more.

How is name calling ever going to help gun ownership anyway? Do you think calling names will stop the kids?

Better think twice about that. Those kids have seen the blood and bodies of their friends in the hallways of their school. That sort of thing makes a lasting impression.
My husband is a retired cop. He was medically retired. He was a member of a drug task force, a hit was put out on all five members and he was ambushed in the line of duty. It happened before I ever met him, but he still deals with medical issues today. He will deal with them for the rest of his life. That kind of thing makes a lasting impression as well.

As an on-duty cop working in the mountains of eastern TN and as an off-duty cop living in a small eastern TN town (and without going into detail), the ability to wear a gun on duty and wear a gun off duty kept him alive. He's been retired for many years now. He is never without a gun. Never. You may want to refer to him as an old fat guy but there are millions of old fat guys running around this country - many of them hunters, many of them veterans, all of them law abiding, all of them who take the safety of their families very seriously. And all of them feel strongly about their right to own a gun.

I understand lasting impressions and empathize for what these kids went through and what they saw in those hellish classrooms. I do. I'm not a monster. The thought of the terror these kids experienced hurts my heart. But there are few on this site who don't understand (even if they don't want to admit it because it doesn't fall into their declared party lines) who is financing this movement. You know and I know who are paying the bills and who is mobilizing the troops.

The same people who have been trying to figure out for many years just HOW to make inroads on the gun-issue. The same liberals in Hollywood. The same rich politicians who started gun-control organizations years ago but who couldn't get any traction until now. The same liberal organizations who receive tax payer funds and who donate to liberal political candidates.

All of a sudden these children are being presented as the SJWs of the future, when it was only last month that Congress was trying to force Proctor and Gamble to change the colors of (and enhance the packaging of) Tide Pods. You know why.

A few weeks ago the first law suits were filed by the families of those HS kids. The suits were filed against the local family services department, against the Sheriff's Dept, against the school board, and against the school. They weren't filed against the NRA. They weren't filed against lawful gun owners (either in Broward County or anywhere else in this country). You know why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies