Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 08:59 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Fund it and we can talk. All the money that has been spent on drug war has not had that much benefit. It seems to me our systems have had little success. We can't stop drugs, we can't stop guns. But we are the world's great nation?

The congress needs to be addressing these failures, but all they have time for is fund raising for their own re election. Another system failure.
The war on murder has failed also. Look at where most of the murders happen. Inner city, Black on Black gang violence. Much of it over drugs, and turf to sell drugs. They STEAL guns, or buy them ILLEGALLY out of the back of a car trunk. Yet, our law enforcement can't, or won't stop them. Often, they get plea deals, and are right back out on the streets to do it again. WHY? Why aren't people marching to stop that?

Old 03-25-2018, 09:00 AM

46,310 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Honestly, you’re not making much sense, chucksnee.
Sure I am.

Quote:
What proof do you have that I don’t know what I’m talking about? What am I parroting?
It's in your own post, if you really had any sort of argument, you'd be able to provide a few of these common sense laws you speak of, yet you say, go look them up.

Quote:
You’re the one who is asking about common sense gun laws. It’s not my place to educate you. Look it up. Don’t stay uninformed...it’s not a good look.

You very clearly in your post stated "common sense" gun laws, I asked you to provide what you think these are, you told me to go look them up. It's pretty obvious you are just parroting what others are saying and you are the one who is greatly uniformed, that is clearly obvious by your post and saying "go look it up."

Old 03-25-2018, 09:02 AM

46,310 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Post 123 cali doll...

Quote:
No. No, people who want common sense gun laws do not think that. I haven’t seen that stated by anyone.
You said it, now own up to it.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:02 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,740,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Let's see if I can recall what I went through for my CHL back at the turn of the century.

The blue security card with my finger prints.

The passport photo.

A two day class, with the shooting test, that I think cost me $150 (or maybe it was twice that).

Another $150 (or was it twice that) to pay for my background check.

Copies of all paperwork and registered mail to send that off to DPS because ...... "You are dealing with a government agency.".

A few months to wait for it to come back approved or not.

Okay, say we require that level for buying a gun. Do we then require that level for people to use their other rights?

THAT'S THE CATCH, if the background check, especially at the cost to the individual, is good enough for one right, it is good enough for all the rights.

Do we want to require such scrutiny for people to be able to use their rights?
Sounds appropriate.

The problem is you may hav head to do that, Nikolas Cruz did not. Despite a record of threats, school expulsions etc none of at is used to flag a background check. The police had no legal recourse to take away his guns despite his multiple threats and other brushes with the law. He should not have been able to legally buy a gun in less than an hour. Period.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:03 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,290,189 times
Quote:
No. No, people who want common sense gun laws do not think that. I haven’t seen that stated by anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then how are people lining the pockets of the NRA? About 5 million NRA members......do tell, be specific.

And please, inform us of what "common sense" gun laws would consist of? Again, be specific.
When educated people don’t understand a word, they look it up.

Look it up. I’ll wait.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:04 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Say what? Hogg a bully? Lol. He looks like the kid who could get his arse kicked on the regular.
Bullying isn't always just one on one physical intimidation. It can be done in groups, or it can be done verbally and socially with zero physical contact.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Sure I am.

It's in your own post, if you really had any sort of argument, you'd be able to provide a few of these common sense laws you speak of, yet you say, go look them up.

You very clearly in your post stated "common sense" gun laws, I asked you to provide what you think these are, you told me to go look them up. It's pretty obvious you are just parroting what others are saying and you are the one who is greatly uniformed, that is clearly obvious by your post and saying "go look it up."
I gave examples of common sense gun laws which you completely ignored despite quoting the post they were in.

You lack intellectual integrity in refusing to acknowledge my statements and therefore have no business expecting this poster to humor you when you ignored posts directed at you.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:06 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,290,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I gave examples of common sense gun laws which you completely ignored despite quoting the post they were in.

You lack intellectual integrity in refusing to acknowledge my statements and therefore have no business expecting this poster to humor you when you ignored posts directed at you.
^Exactly this. It’s a ridiculous attempt at diverting an argument.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The war on murder has failed also. Look at where most of the murders happen. Inner city, Black on Black gang violence. Much of it over drugs, and turf to sell drugs. They STEAL guns, or buy them ILLEGALLY out of the back of a car trunk. Yet, our law enforcement can't, or won't stop them. Often, they get plea deals, and are right back out on the streets to do it again. WHY? Why aren't people marching to stop that?
Deflection. That is like ignoring the prescription opioid crisis and instead demanding someone ignore that in favor of only going after illegal drugs. Almost all mass shooting are committed with legally purchased guns. That is a fact, and one that should be addressed without deflection.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:07 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Sounds appropriate.

The problem is you may hav head to do that, Nikolas Cruz did not. Despite a record of threats, school expulsions etc none of at is used to flag a background check. The police had no legal recourse to take away his guns despite his multiple threats and other brushes with the law. He should not have been able to legally buy a gun in less than an hour. Period.
With that CHL (as it was originally called), I can buy a gun in 10 minutes. They don't check NICS when I present it.

So there, potentially, there is another problem to someone I am sure. If we require everyone who wants to buy a gun to go through the same thing that I did then........

.............when they have that piece of plastic in their hand, they, too, can buy a gun in ten minutes. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies