Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 09:07 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
When educated people don’t understand a word, they look it up.

Look it up.
Educated people have the ability to provide why when they are in a discussion, you clearly cannot and you call yourself educated?

I want to hear what YOU have to say....not someone else's thoughts, that's called parroting cali doll....an educated person would understand this.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:08 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,275,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The war on murder has failed also. Look at where most of the murders happen. Inner city, Black on Black gang violence. Much of it over drugs, and turf to sell drugs. They STEAL guns, or buy them ILLEGALLY out of the back of a car trunk. Yet, our law enforcement can't, or won't stop them. Often, they get plea deals, and are right back out on the streets to do it again. WHY? Why aren't people marching to stop that?
Those black inner city illegal gun owners are making Jeff Sessions and his private prison owning buddies rich because they are, by an incredibly wide margin, the mainstay of the prison industry. Direct contradiction by reality of your weak and fallacious argument.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:11 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,720,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
With that CHL (as it was originally called), I can buy a gun in 10 minutes. They don't check NICS when I present it.

So there, potentially, there is another problem to someone I am sure. If we require everyone who wants to buy a gun to go through the same thing that I did then........

.............when they have that piece of plastic in their hand, they, too, can buy a gun in ten minutes. Period.
And people like Nikolas Cruz who has a history of making threats should not be able to. That is something that needs to be addressed in so called common sense gun laws.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:12 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Educated people have the ability to provide why when they are in a discussion, you clearly cannot and you call yourself educated?

I want to hear what YOU have to say....not someone else's thoughts, that's called parroting cali doll....an educated person would understand this.

What I am saying is this:

Quote:
Anti gun nuts are weird, they think the NRA actually make and sell guns.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
No. No, people who want common sense gun laws do not think that. I haven’t seen that stated by anyone.
People do not claim the NRA makes and sells guns, as you erroneously stated pages ago. I’m not sure why you are making up such a story.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:

What do you call it when you ignore a post you are incapable for addressing? Academic dishonesty.

Btw, when you share some one else’s thoughts, that is called citing your sources and is literally the basis for a classical education and has been for thousands of year.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:18 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
And people like Nikolas Cruz who has a history of making threats should not be able to. That is something that needs to be addressed in so called common sense gun laws.
Granted.

How do we make the agencies do their jobs, how do ensure that due process is followed, how do we prevent politicians from creating bad idea programs, especially with "free" cash attached to them?

Old 03-25-2018, 09:21 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,096,278 times
Quote:
Granted.

How do we make the agencies do their jobs, how do ensure that due process is followed, how do we prevent politicians from creating bad idea programs, especially with "free" cash attached to them?
Well it starts by not having the NRA fighting even simple sensible laws like Florida with a Republican governor, house and senate tried to pass after the shooting in Parkland.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:21 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
What do you call it when you ignore a post you are incapable for addressing? Academic dishonesty.

Btw, when you share some one else’s thoughts, that is called citing your sources and is literally the basis for a classical education and has been for thousands of year.
What post, give me a specific post number.

It's also called parroting, citing is when you say the same thing as someone else when used in a discussion. What cali doll is doing is saying "common sense" and I asked her to provide what she thought was common sense (regarding laws), not what someone else stated.

It's called a discussion, it's literally been around for thousands of years....

Old 03-25-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Granted.

The police had no legal right to take away Nikolas Cruz’s guns despite his issues with the law, his expulsion from school, his record of making threats. How about starting by making that legal?

Old 03-25-2018, 09:23 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Virginia tech shooter killed 30 with two handguns.

120,000,000+ handguns.

Anti-gunners efforts are futile
So you have nothing to worry about then.
Why all the hand-wringing?
Surely you understand that these constant threads demeaning these kids calls constant attention to their cause?

Seriously, if there is no real threat, why are y’all so darned defensive?
Why not just ignore the kids and the marches and the media “shills” pushing their “propaganda?”
Surely it will all blow over eventually and people will go back to their complacent lives storing up their thoughts and prayers for the next time.

Or do you get such perverse pleasure from attacking these young people that you just can’t help yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies