Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 09:36 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times

Advertisements

Meanwhile, the NRA quadrupled its digital ad budget after parkland, and has been flooding social media.

Gotta keep the cult fed with fresh meat. How long before Dana Loesch, NRA's paid crisis actress, does another video, this time condemning kids/young adults for exercising their rights?

The same folks saying that these kids are indoctrinated Democrats pushing a paid for agenda don't realize that they are doing the SAME EXACT THING for a different side. The irony is astounding.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:37 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
These kids the OP is slandering are marching on the streets. Politicians pay attention to that, as you see.
I loved the video of a reporter walking through the crowd of kids asking "So, you want to ban assault weapons right?" YES,YES, YES! Then he asked "what is a assault weapon" and the answers were just precious.
Ummm, ahhh, ummmm.

Yeah, these kids are soooo smart and know way more than any adult does...

Old 03-25-2018, 09:38 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
That's the same reason I own guns. The difference is I don't run to the gun store every time intelligent, articulate, and passionate teenagers stand up and speak out about gun violence, nor do I oppose common sense regulations on being able to purchase firearms. I think it should be difficult to purchase a firearm, and that one should have extensive background checks required to do so. That way those people like the Va. Tech shooter, the Parkland shooter, the Columbine shooters, might be prevented from purchasing these weapons. Doing nothing is not working.

A lot of gun owners go ballistic when the mere mention of sensible gun regulation is brought up. I'm not one of them.
you must spread some reputation around before giving it to odanny again.

Exactly. Great post, odanny.

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Anyways yeah, it’s quite ridiculous how the GOP & Co. are bullying the teenage victims of a recent school shooting. How pathetic can the GOP be??
They are scared, as are the people rushing to spend thousands of dollars on additional firearms. FOX News calling them extremists, and others pulling the nazi card are all signs of people who feel threatened, because such people always resist to personal attacks.

23,992 posts, read 15,091,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The war on murder has failed also. Look at where most of the murders happen. Inner city, Black on Black gang violence. Much of it over drugs, and turf to sell drugs. They STEAL guns, or buy them ILLEGALLY out of the back of a car trunk. Yet, our law enforcement can't, or won't stop them. Often, they get plea deals, and are right back out on the streets to do it again. WHY? Why aren't people marching to stop that?
Organize a march. I'm in.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:39 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,290,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They are scared, as are the people rushing to spend thousands of dollars on additional firearms.
Every time. After every shooting (school or otherwise), these people rush out to buy guns. More guns. More!

It’s insane.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:41 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I loved the video of a reporter walking through the crowd of kids asking "So, you want to ban assault weapons right?" YES,YES, YES! Then he asked "what is a assault weapon" and the answers were just precious.
Ummm, ahhh, ummmm.

Yeah, these kids are soooo smart and know way more than any adult does...
Well, they know Cruz assaulted them with a firearm and killed 17 of their friends. What else do you need to know?

Old 03-25-2018, 09:43 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,252,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Goodness - cons sure are running scared when they start name calling teenagers who survived a school shooting.

Pathetic.

The mood of the entire country is most certain for common sense gun reform.

Face it - you're outnumbered.
Lol. I'd be very careful speaking for everyone in the country. It's not the loudmouths on the streets, "it's the quiet ones you gotta watch".

Old 03-25-2018, 09:45 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,740,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The problem has been the crazies with guns, so the mental evaluation is a must. Cruz had mental issues, so he would have been weeded out.
A flagging system as the one I outlined would have caught him.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:45 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,279,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So, now your saying he's just a child but when he's taking all the money (over 3 million so far) and getting his face on every TV show possible screaming for gun bans he's a smart, articulate young adult who should be listened to?

Just can't make this stuff up...
Apparently you can just make this stuff up! Source for three million?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies