Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 01:52 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Beta males are all those fearful, pot bellied rednecks who think they need an AR-15 to feel safe. Real men are not scared all the time.
Just one?

Phhtt, I have about 20, all for resale when the idiots ban them. If they are banned. Then I will make a killing selling them. Pun intended.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:53 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
My question is not answered. I am very easy to be reasoned with, actually. You already have an opinion of me and will do everything to discredit me.

I have already said it many times before, nothing needs to be said between you and I.
Now I'm offended by your remark. I put forth facts and asked you to show me mass vehicular manslaughters and mass stabbings with the same body count. You have failed to do so. The factor is the tool used, not just the individual. I think mass stabbings only stab about five people before the perpetrators is subdued. A car, people can avoid in most cases decreasing the body count. But a gun, can get we as a society are too stupid to realize this.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:53 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Now I'm offended by your remark. I put forth facts and asked you to show me mass vehicular manslaughters and mass stabbings with the same body count. You have failed to do so. The factor is the tool used, not just the individual. I think mass stabbings only stab about five people before the perpetrators is subdued. A car, people can avoid in most cases decreasing the body count. But a gun, can get we as a society are too stupid to realize this.
why are you offended? I am simply saying I don't want to talk to you.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:57 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
From the link you provided:

A person who exhibits any sword, sword cane, firearm, electric weapon or device, destructive device, or other weapon as defined in s. 790.001(13), including a razor blade, box cutter, or common pocketknife, except as authorized in support of school-sanctioned activities, in the presence of one or more persons in a rude, careless, angry, or threatening manner

Unless he was threatening other students with the knife, then it would be very hard to hit him with a felony charge. Probably why they didn't.
Read further...

(2)(a)A person shall not possess any firearm, electric weapon or device, destructive device, or other weapon as defined in s. 790.001(13), including a razor blade or box cutter, except as authorized in support of school-sanctioned activities, at a school-sponsored event or on the property of any school, school bus, or school bus stop; however, a person may carry a firearm:
1. In a case to a firearms program, class or function which has been approved in advance by the principal or chief administrative officer of the school as a program or class to which firearms could be carried;
2. In a case to a career center having a firearms training range; or
3. In a vehicle pursuant to s. 790.25(5); except that school districts may adopt written and published policies that waive the exception in this subparagraph for purposes of student and campus parking privileges.
For the purposes of this section, “school” means any preschool, elementary school, middle school, junior high school, secondary school, career center, or postsecondary school, whether public or nonpublic.

(b) A person who willfully and knowingly possesses any electric weapon or device, destructive device, or other weapon as defined in s. 790.001(13), including a razor blade or box cutter, except as authorized in support of school-sanctioned activities, in violation of this subsection commits a felony of the third degree

3rd degree felony. He should have been arrested and prosecuted. And with a felony conviction on his record, he never would have passed a background check to buy a gun.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:59 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,242,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Just one?

Phhtt, I have about 20, all for resale when the idiots ban them. If they are banned. Then I will make a killing selling them. Pun intended.
So much for being law abiding. Would you sell one of the 20 to someone you suspect may would to commit a mass shooting?

Old 03-26-2018, 02:13 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,242,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Read further...

(2)(a)A person shall not possess any firearm, electric weapon or device, destructive device, or other weapon as defined in s. 790.001(13), including a razor blade or box cutter, except as authorized in support of school-sanctioned activities, at a school-sponsored event or on the property of any school, school bus, or school bus stop; however, a person may carry a firearm:
1. In a case to a firearms program, class or function which has been approved in advance by the principal or chief administrative officer of the school as a program or class to which firearms could be carried;
2. In a case to a career center having a firearms training range; or
3. In a vehicle pursuant to s. 790.25(5); except that school districts may adopt written and published policies that waive the exception in this subparagraph for purposes of student and campus parking privileges.
For the purposes of this section, “school” means any preschool, elementary school, middle school, junior high school, secondary school, career center, or postsecondary school, whether public or nonpublic.

(b) A person who willfully and knowingly possesses any electric weapon or device, destructive device, or other weapon as defined in s. 790.001(13), including a razor blade or box cutter, except as authorized in support of school-sanctioned activities, in violation of this subsection commits a felony of the third degree

3rd degree felony. He should have been arrested and prosecuted. And with a felony conviction on his record, he never would have passed a background check to buy a gun.

Keep in mind he was also a minor and it never appeared that anyone pressed charge against him. From what I have obtained. The story about him bringing knives to school appears to only come from one source, a former class mate of Cruz. Apparently that was the reason for his expulsion but this information as far as I am aware has not been confirmed. The school authorities may have caught wind he was selling knives and used it as justification to expel him but he may never have been directly caught. Hence no charges were ever filed.

We cannot rely on law enforcement to do their job 100% perfect all the time in order to avoid mass shootings. Its just not gonna happen. In a country with strict gun control, Cruz would have never been able to get his hands on a gun.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:20 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Keep in mind he was also a minor and it never appeared that anyone pressed charge against him.
Minors can be convicted of a felony. Some even commit murder.
Quote:
From what I have obtained. The story about him bringing knives to school appears to only come from one source, a former class mate of Cruz.
There's a J-ROTC source reporting the exact same thing, as well. Look around a little more.

Quote:
Apparently that was the reason for his expulsion but this information as far as I am aware has not been confirmed. The school authorities may have caught wind he was selling knives and used it as justification to expel him but he may never have been directly caught. Hence no charges were ever filed.

We cannot rely on law enforcement to do their job 100% perfect all the time in order to avoid mass shootings. Its just not gonna happen. In a country with strict gun control, Cruz would have never been able to get his hands on a gun.
Pure BS. How do you think Chicago's, Baltimore's, etc., gangbanger thugs get the guns they're not supposed to have even though those cities have "strict gun control?" You see... and this may come as a shock to you... CRIMINALS DON'T OBEY LAWS OR "REGULATIONS."

It's important to inform yourself as to WHY Cruz was suspended multiple times, and eventually expelled, but was never arrested and always deferred away FROM the Broward Justice System. Read the following...

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
We already have sensible gun control laws.

So, WHY didn't they prevent the Parkland shooting? Read the background info...

For those who didn't know HOW and WHY Cruz was able to pass a background check and therefore able to buy the gun in the Parkland shooting, this is what happened...

The reason Cruz was able to buy the gun he used to kill 17 in Florida is because due to an Obama/Holder-era program implemented in Broward, teen criminals were deliberately kept OUT of the justice system to preserve a clean criminal record. So, despite the fact that the police had to be called nearly 40 times to intervene in Cruz's criminal acts, Cruz had no record. It was clean. He was able to pass a background check and buy a gun.

This entire video is important to watch, but Broward officials state in their own words why teen criminals are deliberately kept OUT of the justice system and therefore able to maintain clean criminal records, beginning at 1:15...

https://www.browardprevention.org/wp...SE-PSA.mp4?_=1

What the students SHOULD be protesting is their own schools' 'shelter the teen criminals' policies placing them at risk.

Both Obama and Holder 'waxed poetic' on ending the "school-to-prison pipeline" as a social justice imperative, and Broward's "Promise Plan" is one of several (50+) implemented in school districts in conjunction with local law enforcement agencies throughout the country.

What's even MORE sick is that Broward officials KNEW this was a disaster waiting to happen, and did NOTHING to prevent it...

Very prescient words, from 2015:
Quote:
"Maria Schneider, head of the juvenile unit in the Broward State Attorney's Office, said the program was "a work in progress."

"We've accomplished reducing the arrests. Now it's 'how do we keep that up without making the schools a more dangerous place,'" she said."
Broward sees success in new student intervention program despite rise in suspensions - Sun Sentinel

Student suspensions rise and schools get more dangerous when such a program is implemented. Guess why... Teen criminals know they won't get arrested, won't go to jail, won't have a criminal record for any criminal acts anymore. All they'll get is suspended from school. BFD. What teen delinquent doesn't want to not have to go to school in the first place? Sheer stupidity! From the government and adults who are supposed to be in charge.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:21 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Hence the term "gun nuts".

It's not hyperbole.
Sure it is, I've been around guns and friends for 35+ years....not a single one is like that....

But, then on the other hand.....anti-gunners like to use sexual innuendos when talking about those on the right. I wonder why.

Care to prove me wrong? It should be pretty easy....

Old 03-26-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
pink bold is debatable.
Well, to people such as who you quoted, taking gun powder, adding it to gasoline, maybe a very hard and complicated for them.....

Or adding a rag to a bottle full of gasoline, then setting the rag on fire and throwing it.....could be a physical problem with them.....

Old 03-26-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Because that tool is being used regularly to mass murder people. We can't control who is crazy and who is not but we can reduce the destructive impact a maniac can unleash on the general public. Its a very simple concept that we apply to hundreds of items. From industrial acids to nuclear materials. Its bizarre how people can accept that not allowing nuclear materials in the hands of the general public is a good idea but don't see how this also makes sense when applied to certain firearms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yep, nailed it.
You've nailed zero....pistols kill far more people, adding to that fact, hands and feet, bats, and blunt objects kill far more than that mean old black rifle...

Both of you have been provided the link to FBI stats that clearly provide these numbers, yet you continue to push crap....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies