Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 11:50 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Um...slight difference..Hogg is calling NRA members child killers and worse. Therefore he is not immune to criticism...
Are there specific members being mentioned?

Is anyone specifically being attacked?

If not, I do not see the issue with making generalizations if he feels strongly. Hell, the NRA itself IS partly to blame because they pay off politicians like they do.

Does not mean ALL NRA members are awful people and I doubt the majority of these kids think so.

As I recall, David Hogg has been called a crisis actor and his family were being targeted via social media long before he made those exact comments.

I just expect better from adults than I do from teenagers.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
https://www.dailywire.com/news/28571...-ryan-saavedra

He deserves everything he gets thrown at him.....
Did not see him attacking the citizenry. He was very specific in his complaints. Why are people not asking why he feels that way instead of threatening his safety further.

He is a teenager.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:52 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,477,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Not until 14 other countries kicked them out first. It certainly wasn`t his idea.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
"Kids" are registering to vote and threatening to vote out elected officials? Please...

The NRA is receiving death threats. Is that OK with you?

ALL of the Constitutional Rights are important to me. The "marchers" and their supporters have First Amendment Free Speech Rights, as do those who criticize them. And we ALL have our 2nd Amendment Right which specifically states that our Right "to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Constitutional Rights apply equally to all. They don't swing just one way or the other, despite your and others' wish to the contrary. Don't want to own a gun? Don't. No one cares. Want to criticize the "marchers" based on their intolerance of others' Constitutional Rights, which exposes the "marchers" idiocy? That's anyone's First Amendment Right to do so.
No.. I disagree with anyone receiving death threats.

They can register to vote, but until they are 18, they are legally not adults who can vote yet.

I have owned guns. I'm not anti-gun. I'm anti being so in love with guns and the NRA that people ignore the safety of schoolchildren, though.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:55 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I don't disagree. People can disagree with these students all day. But, with the topic, and not attacking a bunch of kids. That's just not okay.
I don't think their age is the important factor here.

Don't do personal attack, period would be my opinion.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Oh, we know you conveniently left out that the NRA is getting death threats....
Nah... it's more that people are less worried about an organization full of gun-toting rich guys than they are about individual high schoolers who are being targeted.

I'm pretty sure the NRA will be just fine, but I absolutely do not agree with threatening death to any of its members.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:59 AM

46,312 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Exactly!

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
I have owned guns. I'm not anti-gun. I'm anti being so in love with guns and the NRA that people ignore the safety of schoolchildren, though.
Then you know that the NRA has some of the best gun safety programs, and courses in the country. For kids, they have the Eddie the Eagle program, and will got to schools, an other organizations to teach the dangers of using guns irresponsibly, and teach gun safety. Most schools REFUSE THEM.

https://eddieeagle.nra.org/

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Quote:
Nah... it's more that people are less worried about an organization full of gun-toting rich guys than they are about individual high schoolers who are being targeted.
Name one NRA member who targeted "high schoolers".

the government and public officials failed to do their jobs.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Oh, I am not fond of people attacking one another, but it really makes me think less of adults when they attack kids.

Funny enough, I got blasted on here one time for even SUGGESTING that there was talk that Barron Trump might be on the spectrum.

I was not saying this to make fun of the boy at all. He's quite possibly my favorite Trump, in fact. I was simply relaying info from an article I'd read. I did not even say whether or not I knew it to be true. I also do not think there is anything WRONG with being on the spectrum. I have met many bright, kind adults and kids who are.

But... it's okay to threaten a traumatized high schooler with death because he wants better gun control measures?

Good grief. This type of stuff is just not logical.

Talking to the issue, not to you specifically, lilyflower. I appreciate your ability to remain objective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies